Bundles expiring.... really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by malakhi, Oct 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakhi

malakhi Avatar

I am part way into the Viking bundle. My wallet is open as I increase the tiers monthly. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite the face.

Moiseyev Trueden and Druidtower like this.
  2. Druidtower

Druidtower Avatar

I have to agree, i have an account with the viking bundle, and was working on upgrading it as time goes on. Would really hope even if they expire them from purchase, that they continue to let those of us who purchased the bundles to continue to upgrade them. Seems like bad business to cut off people who want to spend money .

3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If I remember correctly, at one time they talked about rotating themes on the store. It looks like not all the bundles are expiring, just the Viking and Kobold ones. Maybe they are finally proceeding with rotating the themes through the store.

4. Godra

Godra Avatar

I have two Kolbolds and one Viking bundle. I was waiting until February to upgrade them so I can get the POT TF Town Lot deed, but I guess that won’t happen now.

I get that they need to change things around. They maybe looking at new bundles for Episode 2. So we will have to wait and see.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

Yeah if expired means no more upgrading existing bundles as well..... I guess my wallet will be closing on this one.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well and I wonder if they expire for new purchasers but if you already have one level of the bundle you can update. If I recall tho it is hazy that is what happened with pledges. For example I had one tier pledge and could continue to update that until pledges eventually did go away though. I'm sure we will hear more on this. Here's hoping for all of you to get what you want.

Edited - well the word has changed and serafina states that you won't be able to upgrade bundles after expiration. So I wanted to add that information to correct my statement.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  7. Ulskanine

Ulskanine Avatar

Would be nice if we could get some official comment on this. Rather or not those with the bundles could continue to upgrade or not.

Derium, Kain Darkmoor and Jaesun like this.
  8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They mentioned a while ago some would expire and they would add new ones. You do have a point about leveling ur bundle though, mabey they could remove new ones and let people cont to level exsiting ones @DarkStarr

Ulskanine and K1000 like this.
  9. malakhi

malakhi Avatar

Why turn away income. I do hope they allow those who purchased to continue upgrading. If they do I might pick up kobold as well.

Chatele likes this.
  10. infernal

infernal Avatar

I Suspect they will start selling tax free deed upgrades and house upgrades tokens separately outside the bundles like they did with some of the other items in the bundles. buying things a la carte is more consumer friendly than trying to get people to buy huge packages of mostly stuff they may not want for example I want a city deed but i don't want a bigger home which is why I don't see much value in upgrade past the town bundle.

11. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I find the bundles weren't really great value anymore after the comission free vendors and the expert crafting stations became available at a very affordable price outside of bundles. If I wanted an upgrade, I'd rather buy a property deed from another player, and the vendor, stations and the few eyecandies I actually want from the add-on store. It's better value.

I just -hope- they are not expiring tax free property deeds all together (expiring the bundles one at a time and not adding the deeds as individual items in the shop) in order to reward those that got their early on and force new players into buying from RMTers.

I also hope that prosperity tools will become available outside of bundles.

12. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

My guess is expiring the bundles in preperation of some type of episode 2 pledge/bundle

13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Bundles (hell, anything in the store will) expire... that's all. Eventually, the stuff you can buy is going to no longer be available for purchase, ever. This is what they have done since they went permanent. Dislike it all you want, but they will still do it.

14. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Are we at least going to have the option to buy one of these expiring bundles on the COTO vendor before they expire?
    IE will they get added to the COTO vendor in game before 30th Nov then removed when they are expired.

Been saving and buying COTOs for a bundle in preparation for non-upgradable bundles being added to the COTO vendor for a while.

Regards
    Spung

15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Idk why people think bundles are going away.. they will add more bundles like the pirate one thats apparently next to come online. Expiring content is good for both the players and portal and they have done expiring content before sota went live.

The only argument I can get behind the people mid tier in the expiring bundles who had plans to take it to a higher level.

Id also suggest to EVERYONE look at the next bundle upgrade price from your current one. You might be pleasantly surprised at ur next step up.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  16. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

More then likely you will be able to continue to upgrade your bundles that you currently have. Just like Player towns after they expired you could still upgrade them. all it means is that you will not be able to get that

Dhanas likes this.
  17. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

yeah expiring them before we can even get them in game with COTOS like we were promised is BS as well. Force us to get COTOS or in game items with our saved store credit but then not let us get bundles is pretty shitty imo. This game is really starting to dissapoint me. I saw someone post on instagram that they got the signed copy of the game box and what they get is a ugly white sticker signed placed on top of the box art LAME!!!!

18. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Mind you we dont know for sure what is going on so who knows maybe they are expiring them from the store and making them Coto's only from in game, or perhaps they are just offering them every x months. Not sure on the signed sticker as the picture on the store shows signed box. So could just be someone trying to stir up issues which is very common in SOTA there are some real haters out there lol.

19. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

Brother; I don’t think pirate bundles will be anytime soon nor should they. I cannot imagine anyone forking over big bucks for pirate galleons that are not moving anytime in the near future. R/Boris

20. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

The picture I saw was not someone complaining about it being a sticker signed they were happy they got a signed copy so it wasnt a hater or a troll it was me that I felt was kinda lame on Richards part to not actually sign the game boxes and then post the picture of it. Maybe the picture I saw isnt fully accurate i would be curious though.
    But back to topic I do hope they do right by adding bundles for COTOs I have enough saved up for a village bundle and just sitting there waiting for them to enable it. Its quite a bit of money I have invested to get the village bundle and will b ekinda pissed if I cant get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.