By Order of Envy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E n v y, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Not trying to speak for anyone here, but some guys still have high level pledges, they're just a wee bit more discreet about it. Even if they didn't, their opinions are still valid.

2. Mata

Mata Avatar

Very nice, I like this too! :)

[​IMG]

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

It's because people do know Envy that he is one of the few people who can probably pull this off. It's ostentatious, audacious and soldily tongue in cheek.

It's only someone from outside the establishment that can be anti-establishment.

I don't mind being a bit of black sheep and trying to see what Envy is doing. I'm surprised that such a large roleplaying community would choose to get their feelings hurt instead of seeing the potential merit in having someone be who they are and attempt to bring some of the only rivalry I see in the game.

Not only that, if what Envy is doing has no merit in someones eyes then how can it truly devalue the credit someone has received? I have not heard Envy devalue the rewards and warrants and the effort that goes into getting them. To me he comes across as mocking the way in which people advertise with these awards and the opacity and irregularity by which these awards are goven out.

As far as Blake and Ravicus making comments, I also see that in a positive light. Do we really want people gone for good? Is that good for the game? I'm glad to see that they are still interested. I don't care which camp they choose. We need opposing sides and ones created by us as opposed to just Darkstarr and Lord British not seeing eye to eye.

Edit: two large thumbs on a tiny phone.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  4. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Their success in selling the pledge while they were still in knee jerk reaction mode is inconsequential to me specifically due to their attitude and actions during that phase, but yes, their opinions are still valid provided they intend to contribute to the success of the game rather than sit back and idly criticize it.

There are plenty of folks who sold pledges for various reasons and did so honorably.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Just have to agree to disagree. :)

I dont get to pick and choose the opinions of others. Whether they criticize or promote is not up to me.
    All I can control is my reaction/response (or lack of).

I dont exactly know what you mean by this. I didn't say folks were unsuccessful. I said folks still had pledges, AFIAK they were completely successful in their efforts. Just some guys kept a pledge.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I haven't heard him NOT do that.

In the case of the Royal Warrants, that's exactly what they're supposed to be doing with the awards. There is historic significance here. https://www.royalwarrant.org/

Look, I get it, some people have been recognized for their work and some people haven't. I'm not in charge of deciding who deserves what. But I'm not about to create a construct to demonize the work that other people are doing, regardless of how I might feel about it personally. Do we want to build or do we want to destroy? If the answer is that we want to destroy, I think that's wrong.

7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Might just be me, but we seem to be drifting from the main topic about your guild's introduction?

Time Lord, Ravicus and E n v y like this.
  8. Drocis the Devious

I didn't realize this was a guild, it seems like it's in the wrong forum if that's the case. I read the OP over again and it seems like this is an out of game organization.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Just to confirm that this reward is completely independent from that of my guild Disciples of Damnation and sister guild Shadows of the Realm.

@Baron Drocis Fondorlatos
    Just to be absolutely clear, I have never criticized anyone for the work they do for this game in general or the community in particular.

We build and I am building the Order of Envy

10. Drocis the Devious

At the expense of people that have ONBE's and Royal Warrants. Per the OP.

To me, building would be creating something on your own without tearing down someone or something else in the process.

If this were an in-game guild or organization that wanted to oppose the ONBE or Royal Warrants, that would be different. That could be explained by roleplaying. I don't see where you're doing that. This appears to be nothing more than a forum attack to me.

11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

All I can say is that for every post I see on here attacking my new order just merely proves the point as to why I created it and acts as a driving force for me to ensure it happens.

12. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Seems to me this is just to oppose the status quo for the sake of opposing the status quo. Hey look at me, I'm a rebel.

If it's founded on your opinion that people who have been awarded the ONBE didn't deserve it, or that the overall program is being administered for the wrong reasons, I don't see any examples or explanations of that being presented here.

Stand by your views, list names and examples. Lets hear what you actually have to say.

13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

What I find ironic is the onbe community freely attacking this thread. They defend the right of one group but oppress the rights of another. One of the reasons I have pulled my funding from this fiasco is because I feel there is segregation in this community. In addition I have been reminded by moderation it is not our job to defend portalarium. It inflames the topic. If you do not have something constructive to say then don't say it. Use the report function instead.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Really don't get your point in the slightest........

You asked in an earlier post to be educated.........I already explained that I can't educate those with special needs as I don't have the time. I will point you in the right direction........reading.

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Anyway i'm seeing a little bit of 'hate' from a small minority here. They obviously don't like or want to be part of one of my own little community projects.........I therefore respectfully suggest they go and post elsewhere.

16. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

If you're going to post things like this on the forum and criticize or mock the programs the dev team have setup along with the people who received the awards, at least have the courage to follow through and list specifics instead of being generic enough to get yourself attention without actually taking a formal stand to voice opposition to something you don't agree with.

17. Drocis the Devious

No group has a right to exist for the sole purpose of attacking other groups. Not on these forums they don't.

The internet is open to that kind of thing, we shouldn't be.

18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

27 likes to the OP and a handful of haters. I can live with that.

19. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

It is not you job to speak for portalarium. Be nice on these forums or don't comment is what I am told.

20. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Best thread in this forum so far :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.