By Order of Envy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by E n v y, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

How is that?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Its all in good fun :)

The logo you used is the hospitaller symbol
    you stand for anarchy so no order
    So i suppose instead of helping people, you'd be trying to confuse them?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    Time Lord likes this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Well all I really see is a Maltese Cross which is used by many including, interestingly enough, orders in Freemasonry. I would never take away from the work that the Hospitaller group do in-game......they help people, in the same way many others do including myself....they just formed an organised group to do it.

I make no secret to the fact I don't like the ONBE, not so much as the principle but more of the way it is banded around by many in an attempt to promote self importance..........I found that rather laughable but at the same time it leave a bad taste in my mouth as it is not healthy for the game itself.

The Order of Envy is an award for the people..........the cool ones.

4. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Boo. Being able to nominate people would be super fun...

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

You can by private message :)

Ravicus Sales and Time Lord like this.
  6. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

I can understand not liking braggarts. But I think its pretty cool of port to highlight people that have put in effort. makes it feel like they care and arnt just totally using us.

If this had been titled "Community Highlighted Players" it would have been really nice to shout out people we feel are doing good work. But instead its got EnvyTM and a weird feeling of disdain for the whole process lol. All I can do is applaud you for your effort and hope it was thought of with possitive energy!

One Love

7. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Kewl as the nearest ice.

A river of tears to pay your price.

Of entrails, bile, and deepest dark,

Not even sword song felled by gleaming spark.

Tis I ; Speaks the ancient ones.

From our loins have you been spun.

We hear the song of blood-stone shed.

Now come and lay beneath the dead.

8. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

A person who named himself Envy is promoting his own recognition program with Money as a motivator, that is totally conditional on you being in his good graces, which focuses attention toward himself and not the recipient who should use the 'supreme sigil' which he stole from the hospitallers and he posted as 1006x1008 pixles, "subtlely", because he doesn't like the ONBE program because he thinks it promotes self importance.

Maybe the deadliest of sins should be irony.

[​IMG]

Lol I say... Lol.

Did I mention lol? :D

Oh and btw, lol.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  9. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

ONBE was a bad idea in my opinion as such a thing will always be abused and already has been. No links because it will get moderated again...

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

@| Grave |

Sorry you don't like.

But just in response to your observations

Not really........I think most know who I am, I don't need stunts for that. This is actually a genuine recognition program for people who don't necessarily fit into mould as those who are awarded the ONBE

Not quite sure how? There is no physical reward so I deemed store credit as a reasonable alternative.......not only is it a nice gesture to those who deserve some recognition, it also helps the game as well.

Not at all, hence the fact I offered to receive nominations. There is every chance when some rewards are given out, they will go to people who I have never been in contact with (other than confirming that they will accept).

See now you just make yourself look rather a little silly. The Maltese Cross is used by many including orders such as the RVO and even by a very old Swiss watch manufacturer............so to say I "stole" it from a group of people in-game who have adopted their name from the Order of Knights of the Hospital of Saint John of Jerusalem............. well as I say, little silly and perhaps naive.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  11. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Also worth pointing out (as stated in the opening post) that no holders of the 'Order of Envy' will be using cheap stunts such as "By Royal Warrant" to promote what they are doing. The only time "By Order of Envy" may be used is when denouncing or mocking another order.

12. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Why do I find only promotions by Royal Warrant and not by ONBE? perhaps I'm blind. ONBE has nothing to do with Royal Warrant.

13. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

What is actually being insinuated here? AFAIK, that mold fits people who put in a lot of voluntary time and effort, help promote the game on social media networks, offer a service to the community, promote community spirit and generally make the game world a better place to play. People who share a similar interest and passion for the success of the game as the Development team holds and takes steps to help make that happen.

Please educate me if I'm missing something.

14. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

P.S. Welcome back @Blake Blackstone and @Ravicus Sales who didn't have enough faith in the game to keep their high dollar pledges but are now back posting on the forums in a thread which is intended to passive aggressively criticize the dev team.

15. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't have an ONBE or a Royal Warrant. But I understand why some people do, and why some people do not. There are some that I probably wouldn't have given one to if I were in charge, and others that I probably who have.

That said, there's no reason to "denounce" or "mock" anyone here. That's how hate groups are formed. There should be no place for that in the world, let alone here in the forums.

16. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Let's just get on the bright side. Envy is offering a chance to reward people who are valued by the community. It essentially allow chances to some of those who put heart and soul into the game but did not make it to those two honorary groups to feel appreciated by other players. The person who won $70 could use that money to help promoting the game, deco his house, distribute to his friends, or whatever at his/her discretion. So why not?

If that doesn't convince you, then just think of it as Envy running a beauty pageant and move on to next topic :).

17. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Rewards used to mock or denounce another group? That doesn't seem fitting to the reward...

Womby, Cianna, Link_of_Hyrule and 6 others like this.
  18. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Except to mock ONBE or royal warrant holders? Wow, alright. Good to know those of us who put in a lot of time and effort to try to help the game or community instead of their own needs or desires are so well appreciated. Way to really sucker punch some of us.

19. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I will be positive here Envy. I'm glad you're doing this, because it will help shine a light on who is actually in team Envyco and people's true feelings toward the community.

Don't let my words dissuade you sir. :D Proceed.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Sorry Berek Devs can't qualify for the OoE because that could be deemed as a conflict of interests. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.