Chainmail Styles

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Browncoat Jayson, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Since @DarkStarr said there were not a lot of styles... the biggest thing is to vary the style of the links themselves. There are LOTS of patterns available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seriously, just check out http://www.joshuadiliberto.com/PATTERN.html for a huge number of variations.

Alley Oop, cartodude and majoria70 like this.
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I liked the dialog in LB's birthday telethon.

But I agree its hard to see different chain types at the scale it is shown in game.

I hope they consider scale mail, splint mail, etc. as alternatives too.

3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

If you must have the entire suit made in chain links, then yes, historically 'accurate' styles are pretty limited - but it you accept the addition of some plate in the mix, and don't get over-obsessive about 'that means it MUST' become a heavy armour and move closer to the stats for plate in the game', there are many possibilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_plate_armour has a few pictures, for the sheer look of the thing I like the Korean set there, but the Moro, Sindh and Mughal pieces are rather nice. The central image on this, with the fastening style, would be a nice option to have too.

[​IMG]

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'd really really really really really really love some cool chainmail patterns.
    Particularly for female charaacters there is loads you can do with this to make something stylish and attractive. At the moment if you wear chainmail you just end up looking dirty and other than the elf fighter suit (or founders, I guess) there are no other options at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.