City of Thieves..."Steal This Thread!"

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Time Lord, Jun 6, 2016.

?

What's your most irrelevent topic?

1. Rainbows

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Sasquach

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. UFOs

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. flowers

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. hot dogs

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Penny whistles

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. how gruppy anyone can be

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  8. school supplies

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. V8 carborators

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. male menopause

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~We Need a City of Thieves~:cool:
    [​IMG]

~Not Exactly PvP~
    Not open PvP, but open PvT!' In such a city, there are no guards and is truly a lawless place. A place where everyone there is subject to suspicion of being a thief, NPC as well as all players that travel within it, "or through it".

Currently all our barriers are either PvP zones or gated PvE barriers. I say we need more variety. this may not be the "hard core" place to go, yet it is in one way and soft core in another, because it's all left up to the victim as to what happens to them there.

~PvT Zone~
    In such a place, it is not an open PvP place, yet it is a place where PvP can happen, "to anyone", anyone that has encountered an unsuccessful attempt to pickpocket them. NPC pickpockets as well as Player pickpockets should then become the danger there, yet a roving band of NPCs, in attacking gangs, attacking players using the subterfuge skill set. For any PvP attack of a Player Thief, the Player Thief must have first attempted and failed to have pickpocketed another player. In the failed attempt, then that Player has the choice of either engaging the Player Thief, or going about their business there, because it is then either consent or non-consent, yet not by any other gaming mechanic other than the victim having "clicked to target" the offending Player Thief.

~A Normal NPC Lawless City~
    We need such cities to exist because our map is too full of law abiding towns to ever think that these lands of ours are actually in need of an Avatar to come save them. Everywhere I look I see nothing but a well formed governing body of NPC guards and security, "I feel much too safe in every NPC city". Within such a PvT City, there are many normal NPC for our player thieves as well as passing players to buy, sell and also steal from.

Those are my thoughts on such a place which bridges the gap between and makes a difference between an open PvP zone and an open PvT zone, where our PvE players could then remain PvE if they want to, yet still have their stuff stolen while they're there, by other players or by NPC thieves or roving gangs of NPC ambushers.

I hope for some feedback of any type anyone desires to say here. You can be as "off topic" as you like, because anything like this has ramifications to all players in many ways.

This is also an open ideas thread which has no restrictions, so if you want to modify your mechanical pet dog to bite thieves, you can discuss that here as well. Maybe you have an idea about some special colon that wards off Thief NPC's, panty raids?... literally anything can be discussed here.... irrelevant

"SO Go Right Ahead and Feel Very Free to Steal This Thread!" :D
    [​IMG]

~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Aldo, Relentless, Budner and 2 others like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]"Jack in a Box" PvP Stretch Goal Discussions & More

As PvP items for the SotA Stretch Goal section of our online store have not been researched, designed or created, I've begun this thread for anyone to place or discuss any idea of items they would like to see offered, as well as discussing any PvP specific unique game function or enhancement that we would like to see created here in our New Britannia.

I'll start off by describing something I think could be such a stretch goal item;

The "Jack in a Box";

A Box that has an activation switch which will search out and link to another Box activated by another player.
    When both are then linked, each player will be given the name of the other player to go in search of and engage in combat with to the death. When the victor defeats their enemy, then all that's needing to be done is to chop off their head and place in into the Box to receive a special prize.

When a player has a Box that is activated, once a suitable opponent is found, both Boxes will begin calling out something like;
    "I want the head of (fill in the blank)"
    "Give me the head of (fill in the blank)"
    "Bring me the head of (fill in the blank)"
    "Feed me the head of (fill in the blank)"
    'Go chop of his/her head whatever"

"What could a stretch goal item like this help pay for?"
    We know that Portalarium will have some buildings or locations of PvP interests that will need funding. We currently don't know what our Portalarium has in mind for such things yet, but with such a stretch goal item offered to them, they may just come up with one or let us all in on what they have in mind for our future.

It should be mentioned here that stretch goal items are the players way of allocating specific funds for projects to become funded in a more targeted and encouraged way. When any Stretch Goal item meets the funding needed for that specific project, then that project's work has it's work begun on ahead of it's projected current scheduling to be made.

"These are things that are going to be made anyway", it's just our way (the player's way) of encouraging that project's funding and speed of completion.

Stretch Goals are unique as well, because they are items which cannot be melted down or refunded until the work on the targeted goal is created.

An Example of this....."The Horses"
    Of course we're going to have horses at some point enter our game for everyone to be able to ride, yet when you purchase the horse stretch goal items in our store, you quicken the steps needed to have horses a reality in our game more swiftly, "but you also get a very nice unique mount from having helped to fund them", no matter if the goal was reached or not by the current scheduled time.

If any of this is incorrect, please point it out and I hope you all can share your ideas or add to the current thinking of the "Jack in a Box". So look for it our store by name, it's not a Jack in the Box, it's a "Jack in a Box" , accept no substitute ;)

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~The Assassin's Book of Names~
    or, "The Book of 1000 Deaths"
    Full loot murder and bonus reward by purchased consent...

[​IMG]

On the simple of it, it's a book that contains an amount of pages where a player character's name to assassinate, who is also an Assassin having opened the same book will appear each time it's opened.

(Please feel very free to express your own ideas into this venture of an Assassin's Quest Item)

Ideas;
    The owner of the book is the only character that can open it.
    When the book is opened it reveals only one page at a time, yet also enters the name of the owner/opener into a pool of names who have also opened their book.
    If there are no other assassins that have opened their book, then the page is blank until another assassin or assassins opens their book. It is highly unlikely that there will be no other assassin who had opened theirs, so this shouldn't happen... hmm... yet it is also highly unlikely that any two assassins would ever be after each other.
    The book page will remain blank if no target is available.
    No one assassin player will ever have more than one assassin after them at any time.
    If a book remains closed after a successful or unsuccessful assassination, the owner is not subject to being assassinated, until the book is reopened by it's owner.
    Each book has a certain number of pages.
    With each successful assassination a bonus of gold is given.
    With each successful assassination there after, the bonus gold is increased until the book's pages have been filled.
    A book would not reveal it's content until completed.
    Once a book is filled, it becomes a regular book entitled, "Book of 1000 Deaths" (or however many successful assassinations have been successfully completed by the owner).
    Once filled, then each page will have a player's name who was successfully assassinated (as trophy, rare and interesting. Such a book would attract any reader.
    In the case of an unsuccessful assassination, where the assassin dies, they would then thus loose a page from their own book (thus a book of 1000 deaths becomes a book of 999 potential deaths).
    Upon a successful assassination, the assassin can fully loot their victim of everything except reward items or blessed by any means items.
    Upon an assassination failure, the targeted would be victim will have the ability to fully loot the dead assassin of all of their belongings that are not reward items or blessed by any means.
    The guards will not interfere because both players are assassins by consent.
    Other player can help the victim defend themselves, yet if the assassin dies with the help of their friends, then no full looting or assassination failure will result and the assassin's target remains the same without failure.

During early release of our game, the book will be a Stretch Goal item with 1000 pages, with no specified limit to how many of these books a player could own. ($10 or $20 a book? Portalarium needs to set a price).
    There after early release, the book would be sold in the add-on store where each book contained only 100 pages.

Needed Computer Programing?
    The books do not come with all the names in them, the names come from a main list of players who have opened their book and thus on the same quest but not the same target, thus the books are all connected to each other in some unknown magical computer wizardly internet way that the ~Time Lord~ hasn't the brain cells to figure it all out with.... o_O
    So I truly don't have any idea of how easy of SotA Programing friendly any or all of this is, but this item seems to fill a want and desire of the masses that long for a taste of assassination, murder and full loot...
    So I do hope you'll add your comments, because other shouts for murder and full loot seem to have not reach their target ;)

These are just ideas,

This is by no means a complete idea, so please speak up whether you are a PvP player or regular peaceful player or anywhere in-between, as such a thing would effect your world as well.

This has been my presentation in idea of;
    "The Book of 1000 Deaths" or "The Assassin's Book of Names"
    I thank you all for your reading & considerations :)!

4. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

5. Lord Blackthorn

Lord Blackthorn Avatar

Fear not Sir lord of the Time. Bwahaha

The <Thieves Guild> is already a reality and we have already identified a location we are claiming as our own. YOU CAN'T STOP PROGRESS!

We are here to punish the wicked, relieving the gluttonous of their excess and reminding those bold avatars who come to a new land from a peaceful Earth to wage wars and take up arms against one another that WE REMEMBER. Most of you were computer NERDS before arriving here and WE WILL KEEP YOU IN CHECK. The truest form of the keyboard cowboys... the possessions you claim through violence we claim back through wit and cunning.

It's too bad, or perhaps a blessing in disguise that none of your Novian territories have military support from the Lord you pay taxes to. WHAT A JOKE!

Ha! This so called Lord "of taxes" British who unlawfully claims soverignty over a land which he has no more rights to than any other avatar, can't stop us, nor can the Lord of discord, Darkstarr. We are not merchants of chaos, nay, we reject the teachings of the church of chaos AND the forced "law" set by your Lord of bad castle designs. Seriously, have you been to Brittany lately they're rebuilding it again, can you believe it? Yeah I wasnt suprised either. Ha. Those are our tax dollars hard at work. Did you do the tour? Yeah his personal chamber is like a tower prison for some wayward female disney character. Yeah totes, he went to space too I heard.

Well our earned loot will be his castle mortgage at 0% APR no more!

We do what we do because we can, no reasons intended or necessary, and if anyone thinks they can stop us from claiming the lands we desire, they are sorely mistaken.

Rejoice all folk of Novia, the <Thieves Guild> is here and we plan punish the wickedness of these lands by relieving you of your needful things and selling them back to the poor with just a marginal profit. ;)

Good day to you all!

P.S. Attempts to breech our stronghold walls will result in dire consequences. We have your princess, you know who you are...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  6. Relentless

Relentless Avatar

Long Live the Thieves Guild!

BEWARE Avatars! No pocket is safe, no coin purse too heavy....

Time Lord likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

You're welcome!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.