Cloth map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swampthing, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swampthing

swampthing Avatar

Bring back the cloth map. The only reason I won't upgrade past ancestor is because it isn't available anymore. I have the original UO one and would like the shroud one too. I would of upgraded sooner if I knew it was going to expire.

Leelu, Sir Stile Teckel and Montaigne like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

You mean like the 60 days notice they gave in update #150 and mentioned in the seven subsequent updates? Once we go live maybe those with multiple accounts would be willing to trade one?

3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

sadly, some people don't read the communications until too late - usually cause they have a real life and are pretty busy..they just didn't get around to reading those detailed walls of text.

i know quite a few people who would love those maps but have also lost out.

as somsone who did get the map (and is gonna frme it) via pledgbe level, i would not be opposed to Port selling the maps standalone in a swag store after the game is released. i may even buy a few myself for those folks i know who didn't get 'em. :)

4. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

I also missed the boat on the cloth maps. In fact, all of the collector tier stuff. I unfortunately was not able to upgrade due to financial hardships, I've been trying to get funds together for years now.

Leelu likes this.
  5. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

i'm gonna frame my signed cloth map.

Moonshadow, Leelu and Deliverence like this.
  6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Cloth maps have always been a signature of the Ultima games (the first game to have a cloth map was an Ultima!)

I feel certain the maps will come back, but they do have to stop offering them with pledges so they can count and ship everything.
    I'm certain a new map will be made for each future episode, so everyone who missed episode 1's can make sure they get episode 2's.. ;-D

7. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

Exactly.

People pledge based on what the pledge says it will give to them and think that's the end of it and then go about their lives; only to have the "rug pulled out from under them" when Prot decides to change the rules governing pledges. Should not blame people too much for that and sarcastic responses to the OP about how often info on the issue, embedded in a massive wall of text, is made miss the point IMO.

Leelu likes this.
  8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I'm not sure what this means. Anyone who pledged for the cloth map when the pledge offered the cloth map, got the cloth map. When they stopped offering the cloth map, they removed it from the pledge options, so there wouldn't be any misunderstandings. Anyone picking the pledge after that date wouldn't see the cloth map as an option..

Leelu and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  9. Arjac

Arjac Avatar

Meanwhile, I suggest you - do it yourself: Download printable version of SotaMap R25* and then use one of avaliable large format print services such as vistaprint. :)
    If you have tools to edit that map you can also change it adding sepia effect for example. Some service providers allow to print images on cloth also...

If anyone will order such poster, please share with us some photos or video of printed version.

* License is for personal use only. Redistribution of any kind is NOT allowed.

Leelu likes this.
  10. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I do have one big problem with this other wise excellent map - it includes POTs.
    I would want a map without POTs.

Leelu likes this.
  11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm thinking about getting a cork board to pin mine on so I can put push pins all over to show where friends live and important towns/dungeons/choke points/etc. are located. :D

Leelu, Koldar and Acred like this.
  12. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

From Home Page, click Account on top - click Edit Profile under your avatar icon - it's the third item on the page :)

Ice Queen and Leelu like this.
  13. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

go to the account page for the main site, not the forum: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=4557

once u log in, should see your profile, and under your avatar pic is a link that says 'edit profile'

EDIT: too slow! note to self: next time, refresh.

Ice Queen and Dinsoo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.