1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Community Ambassadors Wanted!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cerus, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

There. :rolleyes:

Too naughty to be an Ambassador... :p

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, Esperanto, is it of the question?

:p

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

What about a warning to reduce the size of your signature? :D

Sean Silverfoot and hroth like this.
  4. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

But we love you anywayz! ;)

5. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I wonder how many people actually comply with just these 4 requirements combined???
    Esp. #1 and #3 on the above list tend to put a risk on #4 :p

Kpopgurl and hroth like this.
  6. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

This is a good move, and here I'm to support the spanish community!

7. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I am sorry to say this but this is just a continuation of a failed community policy :D No real changes and it will be perceived as favoritism (again) by a large chunk of the remaining critic community.

8. Rada Torment

I'm not sure if you aware of how many hospitallers helped others in last years. And believe me, that voluntary help with thousands of hours can't be payed with anything.

9. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Got any reliable numbers? I doubt it ;) Anectodal references... I don't see any big support of the game outside of this forum. But please point me to any thriving fansites that have active forums with people participating etc... It is just fine I don't want to attack you or others. It is just another mistake they make that might bite them in their best parts "again".

10. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

What do fansites (which do exist BTW!) have to do with the Hospitallers’ efforts? You reply makes me wonder whether you are even aware of what/who the Hospitallers are?!...

Sean Silverfoot and Kara Brae like this.
  11. Rada Torment

As I thought you are not really aware of the work Hospitallers have done over all these years. Did you ever use the Hospitaller website? did you ever check the hundreds of hours some people spent in Discord helping new players? just a few examples of "support" outside the game. And ingame, none of us could count the thousands of hours Hostapillers put into this game.

How someone could talk about favoritism if you can't see how much work has been done?

12. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Well I didnt bring up the Hospitallers... Ask Rada :D

Sorry but you still cannot point me to any place where SotA has generated a bigger or even a same size group OUTSIDE of this bubble here. THAT is their main problem and will stay that way if they keep making this an autogamy.

13. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

YOU responded to Rada’s post with your demand for Numbers...
    Your rant has nothing to do with what this shout-out is about: getting community volunteers to help out with language specific communities and activities/events IN GAME and IN THESE FORUMS... And especially so for the expected NEW players we’re all hoping to see once it’s launched and advertising starts in earnest!

I’m seeing articles and stuff popping up more often the last week or two, and fully expect that to increase further!

Sean Silverfoot and Rada Torment like this.
  14. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Lol not ranting at all. Still Rada brought up the Hospitallers and I just wanted to know some actual reference on how many people they helped. You are just taking it personal now. I ask for communities and you talk about articles... Priceless :D

They make up rules again and some people don't like them... I don't see how that is forbidden YET ;)

15. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I see you changed your reply while I was typing, but it’s still twisting around the issue, but whatever...

I’ll spell it out for you: articles and advertising create interest, interest brings in people, people build communities...
    Not that SotA doesn’t already have a (mostly) great community to begin with...

But I’m done now, don’t enjoy forum-PvP...

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  16. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

This part of the conversation is not leading anywhere, let's just agree to disagree at this point. :)
    Edit: If you want to continue this discussion, please do so via PM or in a separate thread.

I am really happy to see that we already have a good number of submissions from super passionate and active members of the Community.

BTW: If you speak any additional language, other than the languages listed there (for example esperanto :D ), feel free to add this in the form as well (added a custom input field for it).

17. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

I really hope many people who have the gift of speaking beyond English will apply to be SotA Ambassadors. I think the benefit will be HUGE! Not just for the non-English speakers and SotA, but for the Ambassadors too!

Personally, I have gone into professional conferences and meetings where people speak a different language and I feel lost. I may try a few words here and there, use a translator book or app to try to talk, but it's really hard and frustrating. Yet, I have just as much enthusiasm about the subjects as they do and I feel I can contribute so much! But I can't understand what they are saying. So, I find someone who also knows English in the group, find they are willingly to help translate some conversations (and they enjoy the challenge to improve their non-native language skills too!), make them my "Ambassador" for a few hours, and we share lots of ideas. Now I'm part of the group! In fact, afterwards, I've made one or more friends in the process.

I really like efforts to overcome language barriers because ideas, enthusiasm, and interests are not language-bound (these are in our minds independent of language). I have huge respect for all those who help.

Another Thumbs Up!

18. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

All I hope is that we can make a thriving world together, community (which includes the Hospitallers!), Portalarium, Travian and the rest!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2018
  19. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

If I spoke another language besides English, I might consider applying as well. I love that this program is being enacted though and I wish you all success with it.

20. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I'm very much torn whether to apply or not... Dutch is my native language, speak English like a native, German very well, and a good amount of French, and I love to help.

However it's been quite a number of years since I did any serious moderating or organize in-game *anything*...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.