confused on path of truth

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by JumboAg, Apr 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JumboAg

JumboAg Avatar

I'm fairly early in the path of truth and I'm confused and wondering if I've made a wrong turn somewhere. My character is only mid 20's level wise and I got the Find black iron ore quest where I have to go to the Etceter Crag Mines to talk to a bandit but both the hill leading to it and the mine itself are Tier 5 areas. How on earth am I supposed to do the quest as low leveled as I am? Did I get ahead of the story somehow?

Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

No, you're doing everything right but Etceter Crag Mines is a difficult area at level 80. I can help you if you want. Just friend me in game and we'll do it. My name is Cordelayne Valkaris.

Nick and Beaumaris like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Avatar

Alternatively, just run to the other side, dead or alive, you’ll get there. :D

Resurrection ankh is waiting near the mine entrance.

4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Or you take a small hit to your courage score and talk to the barmaid at the tavern at Xenos docks. There used to be a way to get the black iron ore without fighting (by talking to her), and I think there still is.

Black Tortoise likes this.
  5. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi JumboAg

for the easiest way to compleat the quest talk to Lady ransom a video I made hope this helps

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure. in the ingame chat box you can send me a friend request by typing /friend skeggy media I accept all friends requests.

6. JumboAg

JumboAg Avatar

Skeggy, looks like they modified this part of the truth questline after you created your video. The mine quest was added in release 46 according to the RN. Loving your videos though. They're a huge help for a new player!

7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

@JumboAg I just completed this part a couple days ago. Yes, speak to Lady Ransom in the bar and agree to spare the bandit leader. She will give you a message and a package. Take them to the mine, and the bandits will not attack you (although you will have to run through the entrance to get to the mines, which will still be difficult at your level). You can get the ore by trading, and then start on the world map to get out again safely.

8. JumboAg

JumboAg Avatar

Thanks Browncoat. I was able to finish it. The first time I didnt realize I only had to stick to the first level and made it to level 3 where I got stuck b/c I couldnt reach the ladder to get back out. Had to logout/login on world map. Once I realized what I really needed to do it was pretty simple.

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The 3 questlines aren't meant to be played straight through. Optimally, you would at that point jump over to Love, run through the early part of that, probably including the Outskirts since you're still in your 20's. Get a ways in, then do the same in Courage. By that point you'd be much better equipped for those mines.

Kara Brae likes this.
  10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Yes, this is the way to do it. I wonder - are new players now told that they should start all three quests? I reset my quests after launch and Arabella gave me all three quests, but I think it only happened because her conversation was bugged and kept ending abruptly. So I had to keep trying to talk with her and each time she told me to go to a different starter zone (Solace Bridge, Blood River, Highvale). If I had been a new player I would have been very confused.

11. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

A bit of stealth can go a long way. But it will never match running like Usain Bolt while spamming heals on yourself and defensive skills. Which is a pretty useful strategy in many situations.

The crag mines is one area you can get assistance from a party member. But when you do the Courage quest you will need lots of protein shakes and a good weight lifting program.

Elwyn likes this.
  12. JumboAg

JumboAg Avatar

Really? That's good to know. Guess I should go figure out where to go to start the other two and sidetrack for a while. Thank you!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Just because an area is labeled with a tier level does not mean every part is dangerous.

Also, not every step of the main quest lines are intended to be whizzed through at low level. Each step of it tends to be more difficult than the one before.

I think that quest is in a forced-solo instance of the mine. But at least there is a way around it (while taking a hit on your courage stat), as mentioned already. Another thing to consider is that now all solo quest zones should not respawn (neither monsters nor harvest nodes), so you could slowly do guerrilla warfare to take them down one at a time, then rest in between.

On the courage quest, however, there is a part where you have to fight waves of increasingly strong kobolds, with no pause in between for a mage to recover focus. There does not seem to be an alternative quest to bypass it. I had a low-level alt stuck on that quest for months, and eventually got through it by learning taming, and buying an appropriate level pet. That was almost enough, and with some junk chest plate to reduce damage, and careful management of mob aggro, I was able to get through at just below adventurer level 50. There are a few other difficult areas later, but they are not forced-solo. Even teaming up with one other person also on the quest can be enough for those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.