1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

cooking skills

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Lars vonDrachental, Aug 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

As there is currently no cooking skill tree I would like to share some ideas for a possible implementation that is based on my suggestion about the food change.
    I honestly would appreciate if raw and produced food would have different states like quality or rottenness but I think this would be a too large change and so I will not mention it any further. ;)

As I described in my “food change”-thread I would like the change individual buffs of single food products to a saturation system were your saturation lvl is adding buffs. And as I was describing 4 saturation values I would also suggest dividing the cooking skill tree into 4 sub tree.

Cooking Proficiency - First Tier
    I guess this could stay as it is as the basic indicator of your chances to successfully cook.

Basic Meat Processing - Second Tier
    This represents your abilities to make a good not burnt or fragmented piece of meat. This skill is raising the chances to create an exceptional meal but is just used if at least one piece of land animal resources is in the recipe. This would add a +1 modifier to the meal and a small bonus of fat saturation to the meal. I would suggest that the possibilities to create such an item should be quite common if you are around lvl 100…maybe between 60% and 80%.

Basic Fish Processing - Second Tier
    Basically the same like Meat Processing but for water animal resources and instead a possible small bonus to protein saturation.

Basic Plant Processing - Second Tier
    Again the same but with a possible small bonus to carbohydrate saturation.

Hobby Distilling - Second Tier
    Also this skill is offering a possibility to create some exceptional booze with a +1 modifier and a small bonus on the booze saturation value what in this case means more alcoholic content in your drink than normally.

Meat Refinement - Third Tier
    This represents the ability to create meat that is well seasoned and cooked to the point. Again this skill is just used if some land animal meat is in the recipe and this skill is just used if you created an exceptional +1 meal and is changing it to a +2 and a medium instead of a small fat saturation bonus. The possibility should be uncommon...maybe at lvl 100 it should be between 40% and 60%.

Fish Refinement - Third Tier
    Again a similar mechanic like Meat Refinement but for used water animal materials and a medium protein saturation bonus.

Plant refinement - Third Tier
    And again a possible medium bonus to carbohydrate saturation.

Professional Distilling - Third Tier
    Offering a possibility to create some exceptional booze with a +2 modifier and a medium bonus on the booze saturation value.

Master of Meat - Forth Tier
    This represents to get the best flavor out of a piece of meat to be fit for a king. Again this skill is just used if some land animal meat is in the recipe and this skill is just used if you created an exceptional +2 meal and is changing it to a +3 and a high instead of a medium fat saturation bonus. The possibility should be again lower and quite rare...maybe at lvl 100 it should be between 20% and 40%.

Master of Water Animals - Fourth Tier
    Again a similar mechanic like Master of Meat but for used water animal materials and a high protein saturation bonus.

Master of Plants - Fourth Tier
    And again a possible high bonus to carbohydrate saturation.

Master of Moonshine - Fourth Tier
    Offering a possibility to create some extraordinary booze with a +3 modifier and a high bonus on the booze saturation value.

Chef - Fifth Tier (Specialization Skill)
    Connected with all 4 sub trees and needs at least one of the Fourth Tier Skills at lvl 100.
    This skill is raising your chances to get a higher values meal by raising the success chances of your skills.
    E.g. at lvl 100 it could raise your chances by 10%. If you have a lvl 100 in Basic Meat Processing you chances could be e.g. 80% but with the Chef skill at lvl 100 this is raising the chances to 88%.

As I described in the food change thread all food would be valuable as it would raise your saturation and that way the bonus your saturation values are offering. But even if all food would be valuable as something you can consume of course eating high level food would raise your saturation values faster and that way might be worth some extra coins.

E.g. a basic Banana Bread could offer these saturation values:
    +0 fat saturation
    +0 protein saturation
    + 12 carbohydrate saturation
    +0 booze saturation

With Second Tier skills in the Plant sub tree A Banana Bread +1 could offer these saturation values:
    +0 fat saturation
    +0 protein saturation
    + 13 carbohydrate saturation ( a low gain of +10%)
    +0 booze saturation

With Third Tier skills in the Plant sub tree A Banana Bread +2 could offer these saturation values:
    +0 fat saturation
    +0 protein saturation
    + 15 carbohydrate saturation ( a medium gain of +25%)
    +0 booze saturation

With Fourth Tier in the Plant sub tree A Banana Bread +3 could offer these saturation values:
    +0 fat saturation
    +0 protein saturation
    + 18 carbohydrate saturation ( a large gain of +50%)
    +0 booze saturation

Dragon Stew would be another example that combines plants and meat cooking.
    E.g. a basic Dragon Stew is offering these saturation values:
    +47 fat saturation
    +0 protein saturation
    + 21 carbohydrate saturation
    +0 booze saturation

With Second Tier skill in the Meat sub tree A Dragon Stew +1 could offer these saturation values:
    +51 fat saturation ( a low gain of +10%)
    +0 protein saturation
    + 21 carbohydrate saturation
    +0 booze saturation

With Second Tier skills in the Meat and Plant sub tree A Dragon Stew +2 could offer these saturation values:
    +51 fat saturation ( a low gain of +10%)
    +0 protein saturation
    + 23 carbohydrate saturation ( a low gain of +10%)
    +0 booze saturation

The maximum for a meal would be a +12 if the meal would contain meat of land and water animals, plants and booze as resources but normally a +6 would represent the maximum bonus a meal could get as most recipes contains two of the four possible sources.

Ideas?

Sentinel2 and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I like the concept, and moving each food to a have its own concentration (saturation) if each type would be great to tell which is preferred. It would be a lot of rework to get them all balanced, but worth it. The downside would be that food would no longer stack, but that is acceptable (assuming their duration is enough). I'd also like to see passives to increase the duration of food you eat, and the number of items produced during crafting.

Along with the saturation, I'd also want to rework how these relate to their bonuses. Right now they are all over the board, so tiers are wonky and some stats (Int) are severely underrepresented.

Lars vonDrachental likes this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

thanks for the input, good ideas in here :)

Lars vonDrachental and Sentinel2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.