Cost

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Nytetears, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nytetears

Nytetears Avatar

No I am saying just because John Doe cuts out his cigarettes and Starbucks to make money for a house or what ever does not mean everyone has the 'fluff' to cut out.

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It would be limited because no one would be able to walk up to your house that is on the street...no street side vendor....nothing. So yes, limited.

Caliya and Ara like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

when I sold cars for a dealership, communication was very important. If you did not "catch the customer" or "up him" they would just drive through the lot look around and keep on driving to another dealership. It is important to catch the person when they first get here, not let them leave because they do not come back. Most people in general are stand offish. The are shy. They will browse through the forums and read what they want and then leave. So by having some one get here and ask questions, you should not dismiss them and tell them to leave, and come back later, because they wont.

Time Lord, Mozzarella, Caliya and 2 others like this.
  4. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

It's difficult not to turn this into an us vs. them debate, I guess I feel like the discussion is just going in circles. Maybe I've said my piece.
    All of these complaints have been brought up in the past, at that time the Devs were adamant no instanced housing, keeping it limited is important to them, both for the space, and the in-game economy.
    I respect the opinions of both sides and prefer to remain silent any further on this issue.

Ara and Baron Avorin Swiftslay like this.
  5. Ara

Ara Avatar

I believe alot of potential players dont support the game cause they cant have the full experience as housing would give them.

$550 is not cheap. And a game with a different game design on "housing" (instanced) might get a million followers, SotA wont.

Star Citicen will soon have 400.000 pledgers.

6. Ara

Ara Avatar

Make houses (ship hangars) instanced as they are in Star Citizen and you would get more support and money for developing the game.

7. Ara

Ara Avatar

I believe a instanced house should have all features as a non-instanced have or it would be a useless house that wont sell. Why pay for something you cant decorate and craft in?

Only benefit needed for a non-instanced house is the "show-off" factor and a vendor of their own.

Instanced houses should have to use a public vendor.

8. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I started at Adventure Level & thought how awesome to be able to be a part of creating Ultima Successor, I never started wanting a house or even daring to dream that where possible but was grateful there were those that were willing too, then somehow I became one of them. It never started that way. Living what wasn't even a dream.....

9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Buying instanced housing in game like this would be fine I think. I don't see why not. Since Ep2 will be double, & the Ep3 will double again, there should be enough room then & instanced could bridge the gap till then.

Ara likes this.
  10. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

You can easily obtain a house in single player mode, it simply won't be in multiplayer. Also, housing will be obtained with in game currency, but to start the space will be limited. This will change. They have stated multiple times it will change both with new chapters and with the eventual addition of player run towns.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  11. Ara

Ara Avatar

I believe more players will enjoy this game if they can decorate their house and craft in it, more players.

Why should not all have that opportunity?

Why should it only be something that the few players affording a house should experience?

You have to remember were discussing a game here that is supposed to be as fun as possible.

Why should developers remove that ingame experience from the masses especially when they put so much effort into it?

They should let all of their players experience that fun.

12. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Because the map isn't big enough yet & we want a game in less than 5 years we need to start off smaller

13. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

They can in single player.

With multiplayer, it's not going to change so there is no point in continuing to argue it.

14. Ara

Ara Avatar

Players should have the possibility to get a instanced house from start. Cant be that hard to code.

They could sell them for 45$.

Even with chapter 5 i doubt all players will have a house of their own.

15. Lord Kiron Maedun

Lord Kiron Maedun Avatar

You would be able to decorate it, just not show anyone.

As for the crafting, if you saw some of the sizes of houses in R1 and these are smaller, if they were to allow crafting stations in them:
    A- There would be no space left
    B- They could catch all the houses in the building or whatever on fire!!!
    C- The Devs have talked about limiting how many stations a given plot or house can have, if the low end village is limited to 1, instanced would probably be 0

As for the buying and selling of them, I dont think there would be a market, since they are instanced I think the best way to do it would be to have it all done solely with the game, no player to player. These would solely for storage and deco.

These are just my opinions.

16. Ara

Ara Avatar

And why should not this change when developers said themself that the game features might change and have changed.

The house system we have today wasnt exactly as the one they informed us about on kickstarter.

So i believe it might change.

Single player housing isnt for me since i will only play online.

17. Ara

Ara Avatar

With instanced houses the map doesnt matter.

18. Ara

Ara Avatar

In UO they had different size on crafting stations. Some took up very little space and still worked.

I believe it would indeed have a market.

19. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I thought you asked why not all have full housing & flood the map with persistent housing

20. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

And what about the people who spent $500+ so they could get houses? How would that be fair to them exactly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.