Crafting Station Heirachy

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Sea Bear, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

What are the different levels of crafting stations currently in the game?

So far I see:
    You can buy some.
    Some come with your pledge and are called Benefactor or Founder crafting stations.
    Some are in NPC cities like Hilt.
    I read you can or will be able to make or buy them.

I am not sure which are the very best?

If someone can point me to any forum post that go in detail on this or someone feel liking helping to get me up to speed a bit I would be very happy for the help.

Also the crafting tools. Are the prosperity ones you buy in the add on store better than the ones that come with your pledge. Or can you make some good ones to? Are there others you can get or buy. Anything coming not in game yet?

I am just trying to get a clear understanding of all the crafting stations, crafting tool sets currently in game and variations and ones that might be coming that are not in the game yet.

I am going to set up a crafting area for my guild and am looking to make it the best I can.

radddaaa and Leelu like this.
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The mechanic to upgrade tools and stations has not been introduced yet, so 'the best' crafted ones are still to come.

Hilt is a Fortress in an instance which will involve the crafter being protected by a guardian force. For similar analogies from past MMOs: If you are familiar with Star Wars Galaxies, the Mandalorian armor in that game had to be made in the depths of a heavily enemy occupied dungeon/PVE instance.

3. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Is there a difference between Benefactor or Founder crafting stations or is it purely cosmetic with the little banners having a different design on them? I am assuming the ones you can get with higher pledges are better than the ones you can buy or will be able to make?

Leelu likes this.
  4. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Which are better Founder Artisan Tool Rewards or Artisan Tool Rewards?
    Are the better or worse than Prosperity tool sets you can buy in the add on store?
    What is the difference?
    Are there any other tool sets out there or coming?

Leelu likes this.
  5. Curt

Curt Avatar

Artisan tools give +1% while prosperity give +3%
    + chance to get more for gathering
    + chance to success for crafting tools

6. agra

agra Avatar

They are identical (Benefactor and Founder), both being "Expert" or "Level 2". They provide the same benefits.
    Also, it is not currently a design goal that players will be able to craft Expert benches, according to Portalarium earlier this week. So the only way to get the Expert benches is to go back in time and buy them with RL $$$, if you want them on your lot. ;)

claybwagner and Leelu like this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Where did you hear this? As I've heard otherwise. We should be able to craft all stations up to master level except for ones like the Obsidian Forge which are special. Which is what I've heard.

8. agra

agra Avatar

You can see the developer information from the R27 feedback forums, quoted, here.

Leelu likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I see nothing there to suggest crafting stations won't be craftable. Only that they aren't currently craftable.

4EverLost and Leelu like this.
  10. agra

agra Avatar

Heheh, ok Bowen. I'll make you a bet. On the day Expert stations are craftable, I'll admit my interpretation of ...
    was wrong. Until then, you keep holding on, brother. ;)

11. Sea Bear

Sea Bear Avatar

Thank you, that clears that up, sounds like it is definitely worth the investment of $190 bucks for a 16 pak of Prosperity Tools.
    Is there any other tools that are better?
    Or is their a way to get Prosperity tools a bit cheaper?

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

They used to sell for a bit less so there are some selling them below the current price but above the old price in the Player Marketplace.
    I think I still have a spare set for instance if interested.

Sea Bear likes this.
  13. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I think upgrade is probable as the path to better tools and stations. But YMMV with the DLMB.

14. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yeah that's the state of things as they are and the decision to do that was from very early on so non-home owners would have access to crafting. Town crafting stations have been in since Owl's Head. If he wasn't just describing the current state of things the response might be more revealing.. but it doesn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. What he doesn't say here is that the idea that was thrown out during a kickstarter that not ALL stations in all towns would be basic ones. Some might be more advanced so you'd want to move around and find them all.

What doesn't make sense in that reply.. is if stations will never be craftable.. that means pledge 'expert' stations would be the BEST players can own.. and it's been long standing policy that pledge items along with store bought items will NOT be the best. Meaning there will eventually have to be a means for players to acquire stations that are better than 'expert'.

Xandra7 and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's always been the intention that we'll be able to craft better tools. The difference is that prosperity tools and artisan tools will never lose durability. While the 'superior' crafted tools will. So anything that's crafted with either need to be replaced or repaired every so often.

Of course, those craftable tools aren't in yet..

Fister Magee likes this.
  16. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

I am interested in buying the complete set if you have them and are willing. I will send you a PM on that.

17. Curt

Curt Avatar

Is eager awaiting the time when can craft tools and upgrade tools.

Fister Magee likes this.
  18. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

Did this get answered and I just missed it? What is the benefit of the Expert Crafting Stations over the regular ones that we can buy from an NPC vendor for 5000 gold?

19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

All Expert Stations give the same benefit, they just have different banners.
    The Expert Stations differ from the Basic Stations (which you can buy for gold) in that they give a bonus (usually +5 IIRC) to the related Crafting Skill while standing at that station. So for instance if you have a recipe that require Crafting Proficiency 60 but you only have 58 then standing at an Expert Station will let you learn that recipe. Please note that Level is NOT = Proficiency, instead proficiency is a diminishing return from level, so the higher the level you are the less benefit you get from the so called "expert" station. Which means they should be renamed into amateur stations since they are the ones who benefit the most from them. :D;)
    You also get similar effect from some enchanted tools and from devotionals. Where all the effects are cumulative so you can stack'em.

- Edit -
    one point of the diminishing returns bit is that there are also ceilings where you can max out. So for Grand Master crafters the benefit in the result is so slim that you cannot see any change in the Success and Crit % listed when crafting - although the devs say that is due to rounding...

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Rennik likes this.
  20. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Are you sure about that benefit analysis?

If I'm at carpentry proficiency 5, I dumped in a couple thousand points into it. The +5 table will make me Carpentry proficiency 10, meaning that I get the benefit of a few thousand more exp (several hours, days) that I didn't earn yet. If I'm carpentry 80, I've put hundreds of thousands of exp into it, and the table would make me 85, equaling several hundred thousand more exp (several days, weeks, months?) that I didn't get. That seems like the higher levels get more of a benefit. (*Exp numbers are guessed, but should describe the point accurately.)

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.