Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crafting Station UI: Recipes button

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Kara Brae, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The recipe book no longer opens automatically when you double-click on a crafting station. That is obviously intentional, because there is a new Recipes button in the Crafting UI that toggles the recipe book open and closed.

If you don't close the Crafting dialogue with the Escape key (clicking instead on the "x" in the upper right of the Crafting window), the Recipe book stays open. If you move on to the next crafting station, the book is still open, but to the wrong page. If you click on the Recipes button of the new station to refresh the page, instead it toggles the recipe book closed again. Then you have to click the Recipes button again to re-open the book to the right page.

This is a rather befuddling experience for new crafters. The best way to close the crafting station now is to use the escape key. That closes both the crafting station and the recipe book. So when you move on to the next station, you only have to click on the Recipes button once to re-open the Recipe book to the right page.

My preference would be to remove the Recipes button and have the recipe book open automatically to the right page when you access a crafting station and to have the book close again automatically whenever the crafting station dialogue is closed.

I think the intention of the Recipes button was to clear the clutter on the screen when crafting. The new UI with the integrated inventory helps to do this, but there is never a time when I want to craft something without using the recipe book. Either I want to use the recipe book to quickly use a known recipe, or if I am experimenting, I want to have the satisfaction of seeing new recipes appear in my book.

Kvow, KuBaTRiZeS and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I agree. Not sure why you would manualy move items when you can just double click the picture of a known recipe. My book is always open.

3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

bug. fixed in next patch

KuBaTRiZeS and Duke Raas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.