Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crease's Top 5 Wishlist

Discussion in 'Release 19 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

So, looking back to the last wishlist I posted around R16...I'm pleased to say that the majority of the topics on that list have been covered. I wanted to preface this new list by saying what a pleasure it has been to be a part of such a unique building experience where we the players are listened to and our input is valued and taken into account. I took a break during most of R17 up til the very end of R19 due to some hardships in real life. Upon returning, I immediately noticed differences in the overall flow of gameplay. Things are just starting to feel better if that makes sense. It's starting to feel more and more like a cohesive end-product. Anyways now that I'm done gushing...here are some things that I would still love love to see soon! (I'm going to highlight the main points for convenience)

1. More character creation options
    Options feel very limited compared to other RPGs and MMORPGs. A few more hairstyles for male and female would be nice. Options of sideburns, 5 o'clock scruff and body hair for men would be great. An age slider so that the base model can look younger or older. Scars and piercings would also add to uniqueness. Altering simply the eyebrow-arch and height can really change how a character looks, making them appear more benevolent or angry. But it would have to allow significant elasticity...not just the current slight changes all the facial sliders currently make. I can bump all the sliders up or down and it really doesn't alter anything dramatically to make it worth playing around with. Maybe start everyone with a random base model as well so that avatars are less likely to all look so generically similar.

2. Journal organization
    This is something I've griped about in the past and I was really disappointed to discover it hadn't been changed yet. It gets messy. And that's with not very many quests introduced yet. The fact that every time you open the journal it starts on the oldest page instead of the most recent is annoying at best. Seems like now would be the ideal time to start testing ways to better organize.

2. The ability to /me (or /em) "free-emote"
    This is something else I've written about before. I feel that this is crucial for a game like this if you are going to appeal to the serious RPers. At the moment, sure I can simply put my actions in local between - - or * * but then it shows up in overhead text. If it simply showed up in the chat box in italics and maybe a slightly different color, then non-RPers could have the option of turning it off if they felt a nearby scene was cluttering up their chat too much. I'm sure anyone who had played WoW, Tera or most other MMOs knows what I mean but if not this is an example: I type in chat /em leans against the nearby lamp post casually whittling a piece of wood with her knife. Thus, it shows up in game as: Crease leans against the nearby lamp post casually whittling a piece of wood with her knife. It would just make those of us who enjoy the immersive RP potential here really giddy with delight. Or at least for this one. :)

3. More civilian clothing
    Again this is for the sole sake of RP, but pretty self-explanatory. With the introduction of dyes it would be great to have some more casual clothes to play around with. Some that would perhaps be craftable, others bought from the cloth merchant. Maybe even some as quest rewards..which brings me to another point...

4. Quest rewards other than gold

Armour, weapons, gems, resources, furniture even? A cute little picture the NPCs 6-year old drew as a thanks for saving mommy from the flesh-eating zombies? That you can actually put on your wall. Fun, unique things.

5. Instruments
    I know, I know...they're on their way hopefully next release. I am just very excited for them and really hope to see harpsichords and lutes popping up in various inns.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

So, that's it. I guess you can agree or disagree with my list but like I said..these are personal things I would love to see someday but nothing that makes or breaks the game---maybe just enables Shroud to stand apart from the other games that tease you with one feature and leaves players wanting for the others. Cheers!

NaomiLin, Budner, Spoon and 14 others like this.
  2. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I like all of these. ;) I hope they remember to allow us to choose whether to accept gold payment for completing quests. Some quests I do for the sake of helping people and feel cheapened by having the poor villagers give me their hard-earned gold after they just suffered such tragedies!

majoria70 likes this.
  3. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

You do realize you have two number 2's?

4. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I really love the number 2. I thought...it deserves to be in there twice because it's the number two.

Womby, cam2009, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  5. Miracle Dragon

What better number of 2's than 2?

Womby and majoria70 like this.
  6. pirAte gAmbit

pirAte gAmbit Avatar

As of this moment my top 5 would be

1. chat and character dialogues - its pretty much not done at all (allready posted feedback on this one)
    2. journal - jeesus :)
    3. item durability loss balancing - so you take durability loss based on enemy/enviroment type - items repair enhance
    - chance to brake the item during repair so its better to get gear repaired by exerience craft than solo with repair kit- it should be field option
    - to get better in repair (repair as skill)
    - more repair toolkits of different types and effects
    4. at least some pvp content - now its tragically boring when only few ppl who all know each other pvping
    5. daily quests to keep us bussy

Kara Brae and majoria70 like this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Soulicide and Miracle Dragon like this.
  8. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

You have two #2s... I like them all, and I think they've all been talked about before...
    -1 is a given, they're planning to expand...
    -2 the journel, well I think that the journel should expand by region or town that you're in with a new tab or something like that or as was asked today in the postmortem of giving players the ability to put POI locations, I would prefer a map for that though...
    -2 your 2nd #2 of free emotes, I don't think would be feasible, although it could be possible to add text to the end of an emote, you know play the emote while saying "this"....
    -3 I think its planned...
    -4 Yes, that would be nice, scratch armor/weapons though, let them buy crafted....
    -5 already planned...

1- The thing I most want is a World map, so I can press a button, unfurl my map, and see where the heck I'm at... A map of Novia and of Hidden vale or any other continent that's added...
    2- I want a Rottweiler as my pet attack dog, a buddy I can go hunting with... Something to be feared of, but my buddy....
    3- I want to be able to deco my house with anything in the game, plates, forks, spoons, a complete table setting... Food that I can also place on a plate for serving... Candles I can actually sit on a dresser, a glass of actual water I can drink... Or a cup of mead, beer, or any other drink...
    4- be able to hang things on the outside of my Windmill, nothing seems to fit on outside walls... I have my cooking station outside and wanted to hang up the salamis, sausage links, and even huge fabrics none were able to hang, maybe its because I had thing under them, but when I moved them, I still couldn't place anything on the outside walls....
    5- More stable decos, like haye spread out on the floor like carpet, Stacks of haye, feed bags, oxen yoke, farming utensils, pichfork, milk bucket/can, an unhitched wagon... And horse apples, we need dung...

9. Miracle Dragon

We do need dung! And piles of hay! Where else is a tailor to keep their needles?

Soulicide and SmokerKGB like this.
  10. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I'm not sure why 2.2 isn't feasible. Maybe I just don't know programming, but pretty much every other MMO I've played has had the /me function. Even WoW. I strongly feel that as game driven by a strong community of RPers, we should have this feature in SoTA.

Agree completely. The compass is nice. But it can be useless if you have no idea where your destination is or where you are in relation to that destination.

All yes. I'd love to see more themed deco as well. How would purchasing work? Well, say you wanted stable deco. Players could go to the town stables and talk to a merchant there. (Maybe have to add a merchant because stableboys like Nob seem a little...slow for important business matters). From him you could buy bales of hay, piles of hay, mounds of dung, stable tools, decorative bridles and such. Whatever made sense. Tailors should sell rugs, tapestries, etc..maybe a second merchant in the shop. One for wearable, one for decorative.

11. redfish

redfish Avatar

Btw, some type of text emotes are already in the game for NPCs. Just watch cats, sometimes they have a "(to themselves)" conversation text. Its the same as how NPCs can also have a "(to <another NPC>)". We need that kind of targeted conversation, so the game could mark us as talking to a specific NPC or to ourselves.

Which doesn't mean the /me emote could be different on top of that , just targeted conversation would be a good feature too ;)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  12. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

I too would like a World Map of the continent I'm on showing paths (skip rivers) so I can see where I am, and which fork in the road I want to take.
    I want rings/necklaces of poison resistance and others with plague resistance (for now, perhaps found in special chests in mines or sewers until we can craft them)

Soulicide and Miracle Dragon like this.
  13. Miracle Dragon

Hey now, a compass is never useless. I really hope to tap into it's magnetic properties more.

For instance:

-A magnetic compass should go haywire inside a shardfall instance! Just walking 1 hex distant from one on the Overworld, should cause the needle to turn and point to or counter-to the shardfall!

-We should be able to speak with engineers to improve the functionality of our compasses over time. Create in-game reasons for the multiple functions of these devises. (compasses should be physical items as well as GUI)

-Tinkering is an important trade, and I really look forward to seeing it as a crafting skill; the making and modifying of compasses for multiple purposes would be a perfect start/introduction to this important trade.

Maybe, if we as a player, don't care for our compass, we could optionally modify it into an entirely different object 'MacGuyver it!' to something we would actually use!

14. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I like that idea niteowl. I can't wait til they roll out jewelry. Anyone know if they will show up on our character models?

Miracle Dragon, don't get me wrong...it is not completely useless. I would be shivering in some back alley of Ardoris were it not for the compass. And the pink brick road. I would pick up an extra one to tinker it into an Iron ore locator device though.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  15. Miracle Dragon

Hopefully we'll start to pick up cool trinkets off the dead, other than just weapons. Compasses, bags, all the stuff we regularly carry, should also be carried by others including NPCs; so we should see these things as loot drops!

16. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Yes. And more reagents! Any enemy that is a mage should drop some some small quantity of reagents loosely corresponding to what ever type of magic they're using.

niteowl57 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.