Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Creating Libraries Very Difficult Right Now

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Browncoat Jayson, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Not exactly a bug, since its just a non-implementation, but almost all of the books available in the game currently, including the ones you "liberate" from other bookshelves, cannot be placed as decoration items! This makes player libraries almost impossible to populate, except with player-created books.

Please make books a deco item! All of the functionality is there, it just doesn't seem to be hooked up yet!

@Berek, fell free to move this if there is a more appropriate forum. Thanks!

Vyrin, Tahru, Grayhawk and 6 others like this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I'm going to move it to R33 feedback, as it may gain more traction there.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I'd say this about ALL items, my instinct is that it is somehow difficult to do or they would. Granted with books perhaps it may not be as hard as there are existing ones as decoration.

But the inability to display weapons and armor and jewels etc. has been pretty disappointing for me. If I can pick it up ingame I'd like to be able to put it down as well.

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

I think it is intended to make as many items able to be placed in homes as possible. For me, I look forward to setting the table with meals for my friends that they can actually consume.

Hornpipe and Daevin Aruth like this.
  5. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

There was another thread with a chest + skin idea - would be nice to have it work with all kinds of storage containers - for your jewels, coins, hats, books, maps, scrolls, etc. Just put it in the container and a mini replica would appear. :D

Lord Andernut likes this.
  6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Hmmm... was this undone in recent patches? I know before wipe I was able to place most books as deco items.

I would love to see a Bookshelf Container Item that only accepted books and maps and would automatically place/display them alphabetically. Pre-wipe book organization was definitely rough!

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.