Current Bad Combat Movements

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Time Lord, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolove 0369

Nolove 0369 Avatar

Again, R29 , R30 R31 and Now R32
    What is it that the Devs cant under stand, we can go back 20 years on mouse movement, in over 1000s of games.
    But here in Shroud we cant get a simple mouse movement with out any weird stuff going on.
    I call this fancy foot work while in combat, its absolutely Horrible that this is in the game, I have No idea the Devs were thinking.

Now if you notice you can no longer free look while in combat. What I mean is while you are fighting, you will turn and fight in the direction the camera is pointing, you can no longer pan the camera around to look for additional mobs,

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think I get it.. but it takes some getting used to, and I'm sure the system will work itself out. I am swinging around a 2-handed mace and it pulls me forward, sometimes it feels natural... at least, I think I 'get it'... still playing with it....

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if i'm closed with a fighter and he has an archer buddy shooting at me, the fighter will stay still. if i could stay still, i could place him between me and the archer and at least not be getting shot in the back. ...but i can't stand still, even though the fighter is; i will work my way counterclockwise around him as i swing until i'm getting shot in the back, every time.

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
  4. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

This lunging would work better if we had real COLLISION turned on for combat. And not the sphere of molasses type of collision in peace mode. Real honest collision. Dancing through wolves and ruffians is disorienting and difficult to manage, let alone just being stupid.
    Please @Chris , would you just let me know if collision will be turned on for PVE?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I've almost accepted that, "My Avatar is a Complete Dunce" :p who swings wildly into his air guitar solo any time and in any direction he chooses :p
    Maybe he needs more intelligence to see the 7 ft. tall kobold standing strait in front of him o_O?'

Our combat Avatars?...:oops:
    [​IMG]
    They're Currently hopeless... :cool:
    ~Time Lord~o_O

imin, Fister Magee and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~A Train Intelligence Cause and Effect Idea~
    As idiotic as my avatar is, what he is lacking is "Train Intelligence"...

:rolleyes: When I think about this in regard to how he wildly swings and looses his proper facing during combat, "it started me thinking how this could become something normal and an asset to our game" o_O

Currently my Avatar never looses his facing with things like wolves and bears, yet does loose his facing while fighting the higher evolved creature of the Kobold. In thinking of it in this way, I think it would be great if our "Train Intelligence" skill did have something to do with this.

In other words... He moves and attacks like a dunce, so if the shoe fits (in train intelligence skill), then maybe our Avatars should physically show it in the exact same way they act now.
    Cause and effect idea.... What do you think?
    [​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Belgtor and Fister Magee like this.
  7. psteg

psteg Avatar

I agree with all the posters. This has to be fixed and fast.

imin and Time Lord like this.
  8. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

You might be on to something Timelord. Maybe if you're really dumb in game you get scammed by NPC vendors. End up with the wrong people at night while having lost half of your gold......the sky is the limit here :p

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.