Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

cursor location after moving with mouse

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Swett, Dec 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swett

Swett Avatar

Not sure when it changed, but cursor now sometimes re-appears in a totally random place after moving with the mouse and have to spend time locating it when I stop moving. Not sure if this is a bug, so placing this comment here in the feedback section. Is it possible to relocate the cursor location either back to where it was on the mouse-down or to the crosshair location? Is very unintuitive at times now.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

Happens to me all the time since new release, you can force it to happen while holding right mouse button to activate mouse look and opening a window like the skills trees while moving and then closing it, mouse will stay in mouse lock mode but you can see the cursor until you release right mouse button.

3. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

4. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Im also experiencing this. Should report it as a bug.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Every time I "size" my inventory window, the mouse cursor will jump from the windows bottom edge to way over on the left of the screen - every time and for no reason..
    This began in R36.

iansmellios likes this.
  6. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

These problems have been around and mentioned for awhile. It is even worse when you have two monitors and it jumps over to the second. Bug again, because my bug reports nearly always get ignored it seems.

7. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

What we need is a very specific and clear description of what is happening, ideally along with a video. There are a number of different things happening including (from my experience):
    resize window -> mouse pointer jumps a fixed length sideways, although my mouse is nowhere near the window, I'm still "holding" it and resizing
    loading screen, try to move to second monitor -> mouse is hijacked back to (center of?) first window at various times, usually shortly after the loading starts (swing mouse to other monitor, hijacked back, sometimes a second time, them I'm good reading the forums)
    UI window pops up -> mouse is unintuitively moved to center of screen (and from what I recall) not on top of the UI window/buttons.

So far the devs have not accepted this bug because it has not been written up clearly enough.

8. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Hmm, maybe the time to write as such would have been nice when entered. Not accepting and then ignoring does not motivate one to try and explain better.

9. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Nothing was ignored. If you read the threads you can see it is hard to make sense overall of what everyone is saying ... because there is a lot going on and all the reports are very brief and about a number of different things. So until it's sorted out and clarified by the devs or the bug brigade or someone in the community there is nothing clear to be fixed.

Here is an example of a specific report that can be handed off to someone to try to replicate and fix. Here is one of the other mouse anomalies that can be acted on as an individual bug.

Edit: ...and @GreyMouser Skye if you have a bug report that you think needs attention, I or one of the other Bug Hunters would be glad to check on it.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.