Decorative Crafted Food?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallin Tregres, Oct 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

I am about to start fine detail decoration on my home and wanted to know if there were any uniquely designed craftable food or is it all the same as the general food items you can pick up in NPC town? I've not played around with that skill myself to know. I have 2 large tables set up to hold the food in my dining hall, one for desert and bread, the other for meats and vegetables preferably. I'm planning on getting the cornucopia during the telethon and have one of the big British cakes to display.

[​IMG]

Cassandra Corax and Alley Oop like this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Unfortunately, food décor has been pretty much on the bottom of the priority list. So there is nothing craftable along those lines as yet. I wouldn't expect anything before launch which personally makes me sad.. I've been waiting for food décor for a very long time now.

Hornpipe, Cassandra Corax and Senjut like this.
  3. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

That's disappointing. Will have to work on presentation with what is available and just update down the line. Thanks for the info. Have a few ideas to bulk up what's currently available to at least make it look pleasing, but wanted to know if I'd missed anything before starting. There wouldn't be one of those cooked pigs available, would there? Or a whole bird?

Chatele likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I don't think so. I'm not even sure if the food décor will be in by launch or if they're doing it afterwards. It doesn't get asked about very much.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well there are a few things you can display. A lot of the neat breads, ears of corn, bowls of red powders and other colors that could pass for a bowl of something. I think check it out and see what you can come up with. There might be more than we think. ;) As I see it new things are getting added in each release, just mention it again at the next telethon. Part of release will be getting in some of the details of the game some of which will include, placeables and inter-actives as well. Things will keep coming and it will be just what the devs can get in. Sometimes something needs to come in sooner because of a story or scene that is being developed. So you just never know. I would just ask the question at the telethon ;)

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well the November telethon would be ideal for getting some food décor in. It will probably be a short development month what with Thanksgiving and so anything they do get into the next release we'll have in time for Thanksgiving. (None of this getting holiday items AFTER the holiday). Works well with Christmas too. :)

majoria70 likes this.
  7. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

Similar to how raid food works in WoW they could have it so using the food from your inventory allows you to place it anywhere for a short duration, allowing your group to buff from it, while at the same time it can be placed in a house as decoration without a 'use' command. These would be craftable, large meals with different looks and buffs.

Planning for when this becomes more of an MMO than a solo game. While the solo content is nice without group requirements there won't be much future here. No more of this "solo 120 dragons per hour" nonsense.

8. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

This is what I've come up with so far. Cornucopia should have room on the Vegi side.

[​IMG]

The Wheat Buns on the left are supposed to represent Apple and Banana Pie. The Trowel a Spatula for the cake.

[​IMG]

Edit: I'll have to rearrange my dining hall later, hopefully add more food because I've room to seat 109 guests and this just doesn't look like enough. The food on display is more for those passing through the house while whomever uses the dining hall would ICly cater their own. The main entrance and dining hall is intended for wedding functionality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  9. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I want cupcakes!

Out of curiosity, what are some food deco items everyone reallly wants? I bet there's some common ones. Some healthy suggestions would be great too to go inline with the 'wellness' goals recently introduced. Suggestions on what kind of stat bonuses they'd offer would be cool too.

10. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

More non-alcoholic drinks would be nice.

Hot Chocolate would be perfect.

11. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

In Britany Castle there is a "bowl of salad". It's actually just some Cabbage forced part-way into the table with some tiny tomatoes in it. It looks pretty nice and the below pic (to the right side) is as close to a salad dish that I could get. Honestly, for food display, we need larger food items. A whole Pig, a large Turkey, Salad Bowls, Bread Baskets, these are large things that can fill up a table nicely and look like a large amount of food while at the same time taking far less item space than trying to simulate a large spread.

[​IMG]

If these things were added as craftable food items it would be great if they acted like the 'Raid Food' in WoW where when you activate it a usable copy is placed on the ground for everyone in your group to eat for a short while. At the same time, if not 'activated', they could be used as housing decorations.

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I would like to see almost all the food (and a lot of other items) about half as large as they currently are. I get that realistically sized items might make them easy to miss/lose, but a lot of things are ridiculously oversized. Like spice jars the size of gallon paint cans, or head sized tomatoes. COTOs look more like dinner plates than coins.

Cassandra Corax likes this.
  13. Vallin Tregres

Vallin Tregres Avatar

They make awesome cup holsters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With the Cornucopia I've redone my dining hall. Moved the food inwards, removed some chairs and filled in some blank space.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my Tavern Kitchen. It's a simple setup, mainly for making breads. Though compact I built it around the idea of a space I could work in. (< Cook)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Most of my inspiration came from how my bosses, head chefs at work, set up a buffet for a large group.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

• Pie, large
    • Salad
    • Grilled chicken
    • Roasted pig
    • Bowl of boiled potatoes, pealed
    • Fruit basket (one asset, not done by multiple pieces)
    • Rat-on-a-stick (Discworld reference, but also a genuine request)
    • Steak (that fits on a plate)
    • Cake, plain
    • Cake, luxurious

Let me know if you want a longer list.

Vas Corp Por likes this.
  15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

start with all the existing ones. a deco appearance for every existing food (even if it's generic, like one pie for all the variations) and a food (or component) for every existing deco object.

16. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Every crafted food should be a placable decoration. Look at the recipe list. Personaly, I suggest you begin with the sugar cookie. Good luck :p

Joke aside that would be awesome

Vas Corp Por likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.