Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Defeated by the Tour Guide Quest

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Koldar, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I have to say, this is the hardest quest yet. I have been defeated with the crag mines. Anyone else defeated by the tour guide quest or am I just having a run of really bad luck? o_O

I'd really like to help test the crag mines, but those ghosts hit me for 20 to 50 damage per hit with full plate. I have had enough of that craziness for the night. Five quick deaths is all I care to take for the evening. My armor doesn't like me dying.

2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

It took half-a-dozen runs to successfully get my Level 1 "Creation Tester" character through the gauntlet. Gladly there is an Ankh over by the ladder, so did not have to run all the way from the entrance every time.

Definitely a lot easier if you have a friend run in and distract the ghosts while you run through.

Not sure what I would have done otherwise. :)

3. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I did this by myself and I was ultimately forced to just RUN to the guide. I eventually learned the layout of the lower level which helped a lot. But I think one of the best things you could do is ask a friend or two to go along and act as distractions to pull the ghosts so you can run past. I think with the Night Vision fix, shadowform might be more viable to bypass them. I have used Shadowform in past releases to find the tour guides.

Those ghosts are horrid. Armour is obviously no defence to them but... there is no other alternative defences either. A similar problem exists with the spiders and their poison which can butcher even mid-level characters.

4. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

I was able to do it and died only twice. I had full plate armor and my character was still relatively new.

(The good thing about doing the tour hat quest though is my Armor Deflection skill skyrocketed even though I was running away from everything.)

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  5. Catprog

Catprog Avatar

I keep dying. I know noone who has this game.

(i have gotten to the guide a couple of times and he never responds)_

6. sansnom

sansnom Avatar

I did it alone wearing cloth armor, did not even try to fight the ghosts, my stats were all 20 or below. Just run past them and keep going, by the guide is safe...the rest, not so much...but the ghosts don't chase you too far.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. Catprog

Catprog Avatar

I have been killed by the ghosts while standing next to the guide.

8. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Just double-click the guide to initiate dialogue as soon as you see it - you'll probably get attacked (and killed) but you should get the credit.

9. Catprog

Catprog Avatar

One time I got to the guide I clicked twice and died before credit was given.

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Having done the quest more than once with some pretty seasoned players, I'd say you were exceedingly fortunate to get it done with those stats - and as nonchalantly as you make it sound....

So, my hat is off to you sir!

Getting thru the foothills to even get to the mine is precarious for most lower skilled peeps....
    And once you get inside, you'd best know where you're going in advance and know the layout, the breakwalls, the ladders, etc....

You did very well, sansnom.... very well indeed.

IMO, a new person (one who is new to Shroud) would not be able to do this quest easily (if at all).

Unless that new person somehow knew in advance - the route (including the breakwalls).

Should a hat quest be this difficult for someone new?

I'm not sure, but it concerns me enough to ask.......

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  11. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I was still pretty low level when I completed it, I used double tap to sprint my way past the ghosts and it took a few attempts. The trick is once you get to the tour guide don't just keep clicking him or it will just keep saying hello, hello, hello instead double click him and wait for him to respond.

nacho420 and Jivalax Azon like this.
  12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

If the guide doesn't respond, check to make sure you aren't in combat mode.

I haven't done this quest yet, and am getting pretty nervous about it!:eek:

Jivalax Azon and 4EverLost like this.
  13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I believe you will find it to be worth the nerves........... :eek:

nacho420 and Jivalax Azon like this.
  14. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Well that was a fun quest, except for the ghosts.

One hint for anyone trying to solo it; A lot of that lower level can be broken through to reveal small cave pockets of materials you can mine (Copper/iron/gold). You can also use these to your advantage.

Basically, I managed to break through a few of them, drag the first ghost into one and let it kill me. I immediately went back to the stairs and ran past to make sure the ghost didn't get back to its usual patrol spot. This allowed me to encounter only one ghost during my talk with the guide so I survived long enough to talk and get credit :). Not bad for a lvl 6.

Off-topic of the grand tour, that level of the mines looks really cool. There is an interesting journal at the start which shows something insidious occurred there (That and the things trapped in the area you can't get into). One day I will be high enough in level to explore it further (Love the rock-breaking mechanics too!!).

15. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I run as a ghost to the rez ankh and when you know where the rez ankhs are it's a cake walk. Knocked out the entire grand tour quest 2 times in 1 hour. But the crag mines is the toughest if you plan on never dying.

16. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

The NPC not responding is funny.... I talked to this one tour guide 15 times and he said "Hello..." 15 times, and dead. Must've been busy watching all the newbs die at his feet to talk.

17. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

OH YEAH! I forgot to comment on this...

[​IMG]

I'm glad that's over.

If it wasn't for Envy's Tour Guide Video I'd still be hunting around for these stupid glasses. (they look great by the way! just not my style 'steampunk anything' - blah)

So I guess when Tas said "Challenge Accepted" last month, he wasn't kidding.

Well how about next month you put the tour guide reward in the mouth of a dragon, surrounded by trolls, in the middle of a fire pit that is the birth place of phoenix and demons!

There, that should put them in their place. :cool:

18. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

If you have your weapons out, you can double-click the guide, greet it, but it won't answer.

I did it, and helped friends do it (hi Leila!). It's the hardest one, but if you know the layout by heart, it's not very hard. Also, with magic buff, I can finally slay ghosts again!

19. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I had so much fun trying to beat etceter with some other players! I spent some times trying to go further so i mapped the two bottom levels; that proved to be useful for doing new runs. it was indeed hard and i'm sure i couldn't go alone, but it was a different experience, and i enjoyed it.

I'm still missing the rest of spots... but i think i'll be able to manage those :cool:

Solazur and Jivalax Azon like this.
  20. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't know if this happen to anyone else. But not only did I have numerous times where I was in attack mode and couldn't talk to the tour guide before being killed (pro tip: don't go into attack mode!), but there was one time where I literally just turned the corner and clicked on the tour guide and BOOM POOF a LICH APPEARED out of NOWHERE and one hit killed me! It was amazing, and then the entire screen went black and I had to reboot.

It was really freaky and I can remember thinking, that wasn't at all consistent with this game or this scene, was that a dev? :)

monkeysmack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.