Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Defeated by the Tour Guide Quest

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Koldar, Sep 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Except sometimes there were 5 or 6 ghosts at one time. Two would have been nice;)

Jacqueline and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Hey guys let's test a pre alpha... R1
    Hey guys attendance dropped lets give an item so people log in... R11
    Hey guys testing isn't long enough for viable combat statistics so lets put the tour guides in areas that require combat... ~R16
    Hey guys that was fun let's make it harder... ~R20
    Hey guys that was fun let's make it Lummer... R22... the Lummiest quest of them all... Why? Because... Lum.

p.s. he's been drinking scotch and watching the death by ghost number count up every night as a pastime... how do you feel now mice? How do you feel now... dang mazes always have to have cheese... why can't we just get cheese and no maze? I remember those R11 days... I remember the days before Lum had the end choice on where the tour guides resided or maybe was too busy to think up evil plans... you young sprites... let me tell you... I remember back when there was just me and a chicken and a chair... and when you sat on the chair you became a demigod that would hover... and while hovering you could turn a torch on and off... there were no Tour Guides... there was just you, the chair, the torch, and the chicken. That was real pre-alpha testing... that was uphill pre-alpha testing... you had to walk uphill to the test and uphill home from the test! Just wait till the day there's snow in the skies... just you wait. Then you'll know what it's like to fight in the dungeons without light against unkillable mountain giants while being attacked by spiders because you touched the web when walking up to the Tour Guide. You'll know what it's like to not see the hole in the ground one turn before the Tour Guide that caused you to fall to your death... you think this is as Lum as it gets? Lum is just warming up. This is Lum the slightly buzzed... R24 will be Lum the OMG (Oh My Ghustov!) WTFD (Withstand The Fury of the Dragon! ... HT @Ultima Codex ) where the last tour guide is being held captive by Ghustov the Dragon... and his favorite drink will be Rum... and if you don't have Rum you'll be killed... and they don't sell Rum so guess what... yeah. Just you wait you young whipper snappers... just... you... wait.

After typing all of this I sat and waited for a while thinking about... what if Lum reads this and actually does this... and then I thought... bring it on Ghustov... Bring... It... On.

[​IMG]

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

For myself I am not complaining at all about how difficiult the tourguide quest was. I felt it was very interesting and challenging to try to figure out all the angles to get it done. It made me think. Not too say there weren't moments of frustration but it challenged me.:)

4. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

I have gotten all hats with 0% combat (well a lot of dying if that counts as combat), so I will consider this my biggest challenge yet! :)

4EverLost and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Well in all honesty. We have a whole month to complete the quest. Everyone is trying and dying on the first couple days. I do not think it should be that easy personally. I think it should be an incentive to play/test the game then be able to do the quest. If you have alts to get the hat, then you might have a tough time and you might die a bit.

6. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

On this note, if you have alts you need to get them to zone to your main before you enter the mines. Once inside you will not be able to zone to the player.

7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

wow good idea!

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes.

Two things...

Light the lamps close to the entrance to the Ankh so that you can find your way back easier.

If you run and die you will have brought the ghosts closer to the path that you are using and you will make it harder and harder with each run.

So...

If you are dying a lot and it seems impossible then it might just be because you have brought them so close together that it acutally is impossible... (You can see this with people giving up and returning at a different time and suddenly they say it was very easy....)
    What you then need to do is to run somewhere else and drag the ghosts so they kill you far from the path you want to run.

For instance the last right turn where the track goes left, and you instead run right down a slope.
    That is an excellent opportunity to run LEFT instead of right, dragging those ghosts with you over to the mining area dead end over there.
    If you do that twice then you should have been able to drag about three ghosts far that way and into the dead end.

Then you can pretty easily do the run with

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Or magic answer 3

If you die just run to the tour guide as a ghost. Log out, Log back in (resume).....you are now rezzed and able to click the tour guide without any issues.

4EverLost and Spoon like this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I was able to finish last night. I managed to lure three ghosts to the small alcove at the end of the tracks (where I was prompted nuked by a lich through the nearby barrier...), then run back to the ankh, rez, and make the run to the tour guide with only one ghost trailing me. Then it was just a matter of scouring the world trying to find Blood River. Ugh, why does this scene not have a banner?!

Anyway, this one is done. Don't think I'll bother on my other two accounts; the goggles are neat, but not that neat...

Sir Frank likes this.
  11. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Well, I was not in combat mode either time I got to the Tour Guide in the Grag Mines , clicked on him and my hello was and is recorded but I then died without the Tour Guide responding. Do you have to be facing him to get a response after my Hello is recorded?

12. Browncoat Jayson

It takes a second for them to enter "conversation mode" as the camera zooms in. Hello initiates it, but you should get a line "Your visit is recorded! Ask me if you need an update on your progress, and good luck on the rest of the grand tour." as soon as you are actually in conversation mode.

13. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think there should be a tour guide quest where the tour guide tricks you into thinking you got the reward but he actually keeps it instead and you have to kill the tour guide to get via the looting screen. :)

It would test he looting screen.

14. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Have you tried this to verify it works?

I spent a lot of time mining in Etceter and whenever I log out and right back in, I end up at the main entrance to the mine... not where I logged out. :confused:

I haven't tried it while dead though, so maybe that makes a difference?

4EverLost likes this.
  15. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

"Congratulations, you have completed the Grand Tour! Unfortunately, I like this cool hat and have decided to keep it for myself. If you want it, you're going to have to fight me for it!"

Player character is shocked as Tour Guide's hands suddenly transform into swords and it starts shooting Searing Rays from its eyes :eek: Furthermore, it seems that the Tour Guide's body has twice the defensive values of plate armor :confused:

16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Bodhbh Dearg and 4EverLost like this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

Only if the tour guide is secretly being played by Lum, so its actually PvP and you have to wait while he lets it rot. =)

18. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Well, you never know where Lum will show up...:rolleyes:

19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I wouldn't say that it works if it didn't.

20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

There is a difference to "Leave" and "Quit".
    If you leave you will have the option to resume while if you quit you won't.
    However I see that as a meta game exploit while my advice was tactical.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.