DEV+ Access on accounts that spent $500+

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yobtar, Mar 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

I know a while ago they were talking about giving more people DEV+ access when they had spent $500+ on their account. Or what ever the equivalent was when you buy a bundle to add that access. Has there been anymore talks of that? @DarkStarr @Berek

Numa, Leelu, Fyerwall and 1 other person like this.
  2. Curt

Curt Avatar

IF you check the bundles you will see that $450+ bundles give dev+ access.

Leelu and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  3. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I think the OP means people who have cumulatively spent more than $500 but not necessarily on a single bundle, e.g.: a lower level pledge and multiple small bundles or other add-on store stuff.

4. yobtar

yobtar Avatar

This is correct. I thought they said in a previous telethon that was something they were going to implement

Brass Knuckles and Leelu like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

They said they had thought about it, but they tread lightly for first responders who are the reason the game got started in the first place. I think any amount of cash put in the game is truly amazing and helps so much. So who knows what will happen in regards to this. I have a pledge and the bundles are really nice value for anyone comparatively. Like some of our houses from pledges are out of date and some new techy items are not in them, but still I'm not complaining but just sayin my thoughts atm. :)

By Tor and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I haven't even looked at the dev+ section in over a year, and that was the main reason I pledged as high as I did.

You aren't missing much.

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I find the section extremely useful for the week before and after a release. Lots and lots of good info posted after the QA server goes up. Pretty dead in there between releases.

8. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yup only real advantage is the qa server access a few days before it goes live.

9. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Before persistence, Add-on money DID NOT COUNT in your pledge total, and therefore, did not push you up to another pledge level. Even now that pledges are dead, I'm not sure why they would make that change now.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well it is necessary QA from the players to make sure it is playable works before the release goes live. I know the Dev+ was suppose to function differently and allow players to help design assets and such, but it really has not worked out that much from what I've seen.

11. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That's a rather polite way of saying DEV+ is where you'd go to learn the latest exploits before the proles so you'd have a longer opportunity to exploit them before the devs patched them out.

Ice Queen likes this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Cynics often label themselves as Realists.

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

She was talking about QA releases which are put out a week before the live release comes out, and by which time any real exploits found in QA are fixed for live.

14. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Of course they're found, it's the patching part that's a bit spotty, as evidenced by the significant number of players that were raking in better than 50k per hour at no risk for around a week after one release.

Ice Queen likes this.
  15. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

I believe that this discussion came from my question about Dev+ at the Postmortem before the Telethon. @DarkStarr responded that they were looking to decouple the purchases possible on the Add-On store so possibilities such as Dev+ could be possible for people that spent more than a certain amount.

I would -love- to help bug hunt better than I'm currently doing.

As stated in my Postmortem question, being a player with a large amount of assets already, at the time getting a bundle high enough for me to get Dev+ wouldn't necessarily give me much additional value or change my game play. My goal was to try and get everything in-game, and so that caused me to skip most of the big purchases up front. Looking backward to where I started, I'm not sure if I'd have understood why Dev+, why big bundle, or why help out... Looking forward, I see that crossing many of these bridges in-game left Dev+ behind somewhere along with my ability to contribute on the Test Server.

@DarkStarr addressed my concern in a way that is different than I expected. He improved the contents of the bundles which is certainly another very valid solution. It might not be the answer we all want, but its an outside-the-box solution that also satisfied my question. At least, its given me something to consider.

Sincerely,

Engineer

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.