Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Difficulty Locating Banks

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Black Tortoise, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

So right now im running around Ardoris, and I cant seem to figure out which building is the bank. This got me thinking, I think there should be more elements in the game world to direct players around big cities. Anything from more town crier / tour guide npcs, descriptive signs, or some other means of finding important people and locations in the city that is built into the game world. I feel like I should be able to walk up to any "Ardoris Citizen" and ask them where the bank is, and they point and verbally explain the general direction to it. I like the idea that there isnt some auto map menu that magically tells me where to go, but at the same time, there arent many clues out there in the game world.

Im sure ill figure out which one of these buildings is the bank sooner or later ;)

2. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

Making things like this too easy would ruin the fun of exploring and exploration for me. I don't want to be able to find landmarks without some sort of effort. When you go to a strange city it always takes time to find places -sometimes you even have to ask strangers!. Not sure if you can ask guards and locals in any of the cities for directions. They have quite a good system in Everquest 2 where NPCs point in the direction of the place you are looking for. Hopefully they might add some sort of interaction like this in the future. We certainly don't want any hand-holding, however.

3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

There're signs now on the buildings, just click them and it will say what they are... They're just placeholders now, so there blank...

4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

The bank in the starting city is a guy standing by a fence....that isn't making it hard to find, it's just making it silly.

5. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The bank in the starting city is a placeholder, because Braemar is too small to have a bank, but for right now we have to have a bank NPC in every scene with housing. Once that isn't necessary Braemar will be too small to have a bank.

We're still working on a "where is X" function for all cities, and banks aren't a part of that yet. In Ardoris and Braemar you can ask NPCs where most things or people are (and banks will show up on that list as of tomorrow) but that hasn't been added to other cities yet. It's on the schedule for next release.

6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I tried asking some NPC's where the trainer was but they didn't know. I realize this may not fit into the long term plans of the game, but thought I'd mention it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.