Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Disabling cloth doesn't fix the crash

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

What I don't understand is why they don't just temporarily and immediately remove the cloaks from the game or at least disable the physics attributes on them.

2. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Same here, doesn't matter what I wear or check off the cloth thing...

They need to find real problem.

Final wipe SHOULD be delayed until these things are fixed... also we need our horses and pack mules/carts before final wipe as well as a few other key things...

DO NOT JUMP THE GUN the gaming world is watching... final wipe is almost like release to some people, they make assumptions based on it... Millions of $$$ lay at the decision to final wipe before ready and TENS of Millions of $$$ lay at the decision to release to mass market before ready... don't say you weren't warned... don't do it. Make the first impression count. (millions of $$$ are on the line)

Edit: Don't you just HATE when the asshat is right...

mbomber likes this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

That's why they told people to take off the cloaks and check disable clothes sim on the message when everyone logs in.

It's not the item itself that causes the crash, it's the rendering on the unity client that does.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Initially I crashed cloth or no cloth. But disabling cloth in game settings eventually worked for me. That or something else changed. I have not crashed in two days.

5. Brielle McFerson

Brielle McFerson Avatar

I am using Windows 10, I have no cloak equipped and have cloth disable. Today I have been playing for about an hour and seem to be crashing every 5 to 10 minutes.

mbomber and Bluefire like this.
  6. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

As a developer I have experience with having to work around broken dependencies. Wish that Unity would just fix their issue. I keep reading that this is suspected to be the poor management of 32 bit libraries translating to 64 bit client and that may well be the case. But regardless why isn't Unity sinking every resource it has into resolving it? These aren't questions to this forum - they are questions for Unity and I'm sure they are questions the Dev team has asked unity. It is just pitiful.

From the SotA side of the house I would think that all cloaks could be set to no longer use cloth physics as an attribute. Water should be able to be handled the same way, but likely performed individually on each scene.

I'd rather their be a fix from Unity than the game made to look less pretty - and all the hours wasted to do that - but it needs to be done and sooner rather than later. I logged in for the first time since R31 last night and enjoyed an entire 5 minutes of standing in the middle of Brittany. Then I started moving down the street and poof - CTD.

If this was me and my company I would be on the phone with Unity 24/7 until this was resolved. I've done it for lesser issues and I will do it again...because it works. Not screaming, just keeping them engaged until it is fixed. There is no reason for an issue like this to go on for months...and certainly not for it to get worse during that time.

I have tested this issue using the 32 bit client and I don't crash when I'm walking around (so far) but I do crash a lot when changing scenes - and forget about loading into Britanny - it requires more than 4GB of RAM which 32-bit cannot support.

[EDIT] I take it back - it just crashed while I was walking around in Rift's End. Yes, I am wearing a cloak and no I haven't flipped the switch on the cloth physics. This isn't something that should take too long to get fixed - it appears to be an issue with the 32 bit library regardless of the 64 bit layer as I am using the 32 bit client.

mbomber, Acred and amethyst25 like this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

What did the crash log say?

8. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Log is already with Portalarium at this point as I launched the game again a couple times since. I haven't encountered a crash in Rift's End again at this point.

mbomber likes this.
  9. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I am using windows 7 Pro and I crash every 2nd to 3thr time I use recall or teleport.. I also crash often when entering the mines at Eceter.
    I even crashed walking over the bridge in my POT..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.