DPS meter built in please

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by SabeSr, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Hmm, I didn't know tears had changed I didn't really notice. I did die once earlier on in the weekend on a group I ran in quickly on that had no spellcasters and no super high DPS tanks, but after that I was in a couple of groups where we DECIMATED the undead, to the point where it was like I'm feeling sorry for these liches.... we're the real threat to Novia....

I got booted from this group once trying to figure out whether they were running in open or party mode, and it's an unpleasant experience when people do it to you without even trying to talk to you on chat first.

If you join a group, you need to figure out a few things, like, when are you restarting, are you on break, what mode are you in, so you can teleport, etc. Sometimes you have to grab that last spot when it's 7/8 so you can get some xp in...

Some groups the original leader left, some groups nobodies ready yet, etc, etc

It used to be and still mostly is a very pleasant group experience where people help each other out, but I see that perhaps there's a kind of unhealthy competition going on now about xp or something, is that the root of it ? People don't wanna see others level up ? Because mostly all the groups I've been everyone's been proactive and playing, healing each other, giving each other crystal shields and nice things like that.... I don't see alot of lazy levellers except in talk on here, but I imagine I'm in only a fraction of the total tears groups.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

*shrugs* I'm not sure I understand the spirit of the game myself.

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

The spirit of the game I was referring to up until now were positivity (at least in the game, unlike here were people just like arguing) friendliness, helping out fellow players. I see it and still do see it alot. If we start devolving more into the pvp behvaiors i see where it's all about competition and DPS and min maxing, I am not for that.

But you know, maybe on second thought it's okay if we have a DPS feature for those that want to use it, and the rest of the players that don't really get excitement over having the highest dps can just ignore it.

I don't think thats what will happen but maybe it's okay to live and let live.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Lord Trady of Blix

What I mean is that the game gives me a little icon to tell me my XP is low. I go to LFG and find people farming for XP. That says to me the spirit of the game is about XP farming.

Sure, having an open, welcoming community is great. But I look back on some of these old posts here from 2016 saying we don't want this game to be like every other game where all this toxic behavior happens and that's where I shrug. You get that game when you make that game. The problem isn't 'PvP behavior' IMO.

Or maybe following that kind of logic is part of the problem. The game needs to get rooted back in its original vision.

Anyway, I know this is a little off topic, but its just what's on my head when I read threads like this. People who really think they "need" it can download Umuri's tool. Its there. It won't really help the game to put it in officially unless the devs are okay with it being just like every other MMO. In which case, talking about the 'spirit' of the game versus other games is pointless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.