Dwarves as a playable class?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Gonley Redbeard, May 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gonley Redbeard

Gonley Redbeard Avatar

Hi there me friends.

Gonley here asking if the option to have my dwarf character be a reality at some point in this wonderful game. If nothing else, me height and weight is quite off to pull off the dwarven stature. I did find a fine compromise on me face features :)

2. Curt

Curt Avatar

Guess you mean Dwarves as a playable Race.

So far the only race is humans idea is after all its you on earth that suddenly finds yourself in this world
    In the stretch goal store people can push for elves as a race but unless that goal is reached before Episode 1 launches will be no elves in Episode 1
    No clue about any other race so far

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Gonley and welcome to Shrouds. Well if no Dwarvin race I do agree to the height slider going smaller so we could have some 'little people', which does genetically happen in reality, then you could roleplay your Dwarven person. **cheers** :)

4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Welcome Gonley! You must be a kindred spirit...I hope for dwarves as well! BRING ON THE DWARVES! For that matter bring on the orcs, ogres, ettins and many other humanoid creatures :)

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Richard has at one time admitted to being something of a purist but.. dwarves in New Britannia is not without precedence. Especially now with the new Underworld in play.. which I am understanding does have dwarves.. Underworld existing in the same world as SotA.. So in terms of lore it should be possible.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about reintroducing other races in SotA though. It just seems really over done. On the other hand.. I like elves and dwarves and such.. My favorite crafting character is a dwarf. So I can't say I'd complain. :)

6. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Dwarves are cool. I used to have a Dwarvish guild in Warhammer Online for 2 seconds heh.

But I'm a bigger fan of Gnomes, gnomes please, but not cartoony gnomes, I like the level of realism in SOTA so far (except for the Lich I'm not gonna lie).

7. Gonley Redbeard

Gonley Redbeard Avatar

Merlin's beard that's good news! I heartily hope our Lord British does revive the dwarves of olde days.

Thank Ye kindly for the hearty welcomes lads and lassies :)

I look forward to playing more of this mighty good game!

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well it should be clear that Underworld is a separate project by a separate company.. BUT.. as with in the days of Origin, the Underworld franchise was under the Ultima brand and did exist in Britannia. The new Underworld, while by an another company and also not allowed to mention "Ultima" is the same person I believe as before heading up the Underworld franchise. So in terms of the real life connection, that is still there.

Also, I am understanding that Tracy will be working on that story as well and while Underworld and SotA are separate, it is still taking place in the world. In-game evidence of which would be the special shield available in the store. It's just that the games worlds are separated by so much earth. :)

Of course, we can also make a claim that Star Citizen also takes place in the same universe as per the Vanduul (sp) polearm. Much in the same way that Ultima had crossover with Wing Commander in Ultima VII and Underworld II. :)

9. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Gonley Redbeard!

10. Manerd

Manerd Avatar

I would like to see enough options at character creation, that we can make our own dwarf, elf or what ever else we can come up with. With that and skill trees that we can place points in many different areas would make for very unique characters.

11. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

We should have really tall dwarves and fat elves for irony's sake. Now that would be ground-breaking.

12. Thelirond

Thelirond Avatar

+1 for Dwarves

Beards, axes, ale, ill-tempers, ..the lot!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    quit talking about my sister, she's sensitive!

Heradite likes this.
  14. Robby

Robby Avatar

I think that if other "races" are introduced the devs should vow to keep it simple and only put in like 3 playable races. I mean come on we dont want players running around as panda bears do we? Maybe you do who knows.... But my recommendation would be 3 races like humans, dwarves, and undead. And electing to play as undead would be electing to play hardcore mode... like not being able to enter town without being chased by the guards and stuff untill you became a highly powerful undead like a vampire with really advanced magical abilities to be able to disguise and blend in with normal every day people.
    Im thinking there could be many other races like orcs and hobbits and stuff, just not playable NPC only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.