Dyes and Tree Bark

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Mugly Wumple, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

Currently 21 of the 30 craftable dyes require Pine or Maple Tree Bark in quantities of 4, 5 or 8. The rest of the dyes use Agriculture products and are available in effectively endless supply.

Each Piece of Canvas Fabric requires 1 Tree Bark, Maple or Pine.

Many items of furniture, tents, sacks, etc use multiple Pieces of Canvas Fabric.

This has created a giant imbalance in the cost of dyes, with 21 of them vastly increasing the cost of certain furnitures. As more and more items become dyeable, this imbalance in dye prices and furniture will only get worse.

Please revamp the crafting of Dyes to better balance these costs. I hope this imbalance is not by design.

Lace and StarLord like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Lace and Ataniiq like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

As a furniture seller I've been pointing this out for a while. But not to the devs, I think they did a fine job with supply and demand.

It's the players that need to take notice. Barks are going for 75 - 100g each right now. Wood is 50! Go chop down some trees and make that bank!

When that happens (it already is with the people paying attention, I know of many who have started logging again) the supply will increase and the cost decrease. Then the price of dyes and canvas will come back down.

Don't panic, log!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.