1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Early Access Schedule

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vedrix

Vedrix Avatar

Will there be a preload? Email mentioned something of it... might've just been for people who have more disposable income :/

OSullivan likes this.
  2. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Vedrix,
    The pre-Alpha is scheduled to start on the 12th. Today is the 11th and the staff has said they will TRY and get the load out to us sometime today.

3. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

It would be nice to patch today to cut down on it for tomorrow... but at least their is only about 25 some thousand people trying to get in tomorrow vs when its released and a million or more trying to log in for the first time lol

4. Vedrix

Vedrix Avatar

Yeah I know, they're trying to get the last few updates in before tomorrow. There is still a live download out there for those that spent a certain amount of money ;)

Don't know about a million trying to log in when there's only 25k backers :p
    X

5. Praefectus

Praefectus Avatar

I really don't think patching will be any kind of an issue. It should patch rather quickly

6. jkinkead

jkinkead Avatar

UO2!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding. Really though, I see this as the true successor of the old game we all loved.

Nhili_Dragon and Lord Gréagóir like this.
  7. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

8. will

will Avatar

Thanks for the link, didn't see that.

9. Lord Vaylgar Vexsian

Lord Vaylgar Vexsian Avatar

Thats great thing to know so its not a huge file package and wont matter .

10. Lord Vaylgar Vexsian

11. Jay

Jay Avatar

Great!! The download worked perfect! :)
    Anyone who tried NOT to log in into the game although they said logging in does NOT work? :rolleyes:

Rhiannon likes this.
  12. Praefectus

Praefectus Avatar

LOL its disabled

13. Lord Vaylgar Vexsian

Without starting a argument and only for explanation purposes of us old school UO pre trammel, the only word for it is Trammel=Carebears lot of us think it totally went against what the game was made for and ruined a big portion of the purpose of the game and the world. But dont let it bother you some of us feel this way because we bought a PVP MMORPG game and someone turned it into a PVE , why buy a PVP game then complain its PVP and you dont like it? Its kinda like buying a house you dont like then complaining to the contractor who made the house to change it to how you want it.

blaquerogue and Nhili_Dragon like this.
  14. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I downloaded on my desktop in about 30 minutes. It took more like an hour on my laptop. No glitches, or other annoying occurrences. Just the wonderful music started up and I keep listening to it over and over. 8:30am my time tomorrow, I am anticipating putting off work for a while. Don't tell the hubs...

Lord_Toast likes this.
  15. ImRad

ImRad Avatar

Pertaining to a previous post I made on page #8, and the concern of not getting to participate because of connectivity issues...
    Portalarium, epic job in release 1 roll out! I love the decision of having us getting our feet wet in single player mode.
    I personally am very glad to help source this project, and love what I am seeing. Keep the good stuffing rolling at me!
    Thank you.

16. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

Exactly and NO one died more than I. GM death !

17. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I get what you're saying. I am guessing, UO didn't have a bunch of servers? Lots of MMORPGs just made PVP servers and PVE servers...

deryk likes this.
  18. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

being able to toggle off PvP works for me...sorry UO wasn't all about PvP for every one. The only games I like it was in DAOC and Warhammer... there it was alot of fun... didn't lose your stuff. Not everyone has great fast internet connections and I remember being on dial up and knew PvP'ers on faster connections... no way you could keep up with them if they knew what they were doing. Give the players the choice.

Now if rarer items are in a zone with PvP, I can make the choice to gather my friends together and go out and take the risk. Logging in outside my home being ganked by a group is not fun for me. I moved to trammel after that happened enough times.

19. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Why should rarer items be put in PvP areas just to give them the chance to Pk a lot of none PvP players. They want PvP then they will have PvP players to fight.

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  20. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

I saw that mentioned somewhere that a zone with better drops will be a PvP area to get people to try it out....I wouldn't do it alone but might be fun with a group to take the risk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.