Episode 2 information source?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mass, Aug 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

I searched around a bit and couldn't find the information I was looking for. It might be nice if there were a centralized source of info regarding episode 2.

I see that certain levels of original kickstarter pledges don't need to buy access to EPI 2; however, there were many permutations and expirations of pledge upgrades. So my first question, is there a clear indicator in your account somewhere that says whether or not you have EPI 2 accesss already?

For instance, I started off with a $25 first responder royal founder pledge. I subsequently upgraded it to an ancestor pledge, but I'm not sure when. My account reads:

Title / Date (UTC) Value
    R Ancestor
    2013-03-08 14:01:00

It seems to apply the date of my first responder pledge. Does this mean my Ancestor pledge counts as giving me access? It would be nice if somewhere on your account page it definitively said: 'Have early access to EPI 2: Y/N'. I simply want to know if I need to purchase or not.

Secondly, is there any detailed information on the funding mechanism for EPI 2? I've read rumor that there will be no kickstarter, but that it will all take place on the SotA storefront. What I see there now is the single stretch goal for mounts and the early access purchase. Do we know what other stretch goals will be listed? Will there be EPI 2 themed bundles? Will there be new POTs for sale? I suspect a lot of this info has been passed on through streams and discord, but it would be nice if there were a 'living' sticky in the Announcements that updated available info on EPI 2 funding, content, and ETAs (though I recognize much of this info may be currently unavailable).

I'm a little concerned about the method of ramping up to EPI 2. I'm not sure it's wise to dribble out pledge/stretch goal content rather than save up a collection of them and do a 'blitz' once a quarter or so to generate some excitment about EPI 2 (once we can sort of see the horizon of where work on EPI 2 will begin).

TLDR: 1. Please put a clear indication on account page as to whether or not you already have EPI 2 access.
    2. Please sticky an announcement with an information clearing house on EPI 2 plans/work/funding.

2. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Looks like the extra episodes expired in the fall of 2015. (If you bought in 2013 you should be fine)

You can view the expiration dates of all pledge information from the main website, STORE -> PLEDGES Then click on the [Click here for more information about pledging (including previous expiration events)…]

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=60580

Fall 2015 Expirations

The Fall 2015 Expiration Event occurred at Midnight CST, November 2, 2015. Those expirations included:

• Future Episodes 2,3,4 & 5 of Shroud of the Avatar (Royal Artisan, Explorer, and Explorer – All Digital tiers)
    • Additional Character Slots 2 & 3 (Virtual Collector and Ancestor tiers)
    • Waterfront Homes & Lots (including Cabana, German Cabana, Lighthouse, Houseboat, Galleon, Castle, and Castle with Keeps)
    Read full details of the November 2, 2015 expirations here…

Cordelayne and mass like this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I believe most ep2 talk is in the past 2 telethon videos right now, have not seen anything written down. But remember in the end, most of it is still at the "dont lawyer me bro" point where the dev's still need to figure things out as they deign then start building the system which can lead to changing priorities.

If it helps, Im a benefactor duke pledge ($5500ish) and I still have to buy episode 2 which is insane.

Mishras, mass and Nikko like this.
  4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I do see what you are saying though, the date of the Upgrade on your account is sketchy if its showing your ORIGINAL pledge and not your UPGRADE date, and it would be nice to see for sure your eligibility.

IMO they should be able to run a query and add the EP2 Eligibility to the Special Rewards tab like they do for all livestreams and other rewards. It would certainly help. @Chaox ??

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I hear you. It is scary that they haven't simply placed all the eligible stuff in the Special Rewards page.

However until such a thing occurs you have a decent workaround in that the extra characters expired at the same time. So by checking if you can create additional characters you also know if you are eligible for the Episodes down the line. No extra characters means no extra episodes.

No.
    The starter of that rumor is Starr Long so I'd guess that makes it pretty certain that there won't be.

There will be new themes, but the current themes will continue, so it is likely to be its own item. But they have not decided yet.

Yes.
    For the E2 landmass there are 50 of each of these POT service vouchers
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=55262
    where 50 are brand new POTs.

50 new ones with overland access, 100 old POTs transferred over with overland access and 50 nestled.

So a total of 200 POTs on the new landmass.

Agreed.
    The dilution of the old stretch goals resulted in a failure for a reason.

Lots of that unfortunately is a work in progress though, so any answer they give now is likely to be outdated soon.

6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Whaaaaaat? Are you sure? I am nearly 100% certain that I saw IN WRITING that if you pledged at a certain level, you got all 5 episodes as a PART of that pledge. If this is not true, I might have a real problem with things soon.

edit * I am also a subscriber. I'm embarrassed to even think about how much money I have given Portalarium right now. I'm sure I don't have to pay for E2 (on this particular account). That truly would be madness.

7. mass

mass Avatar

Thanks, Spoon.

Lol, I didn't know, so I didn't want to misguide as 'fact'.

This is well hidden. Only 12 left for new towns folks.

I would say that even the info you just gave me summarized in an updated sticky would be helpful.

Spoon likes this.
  8. mass

mass Avatar

It depends on when you pledged/upgraded. I get that expirations occurred and am ok with it, but it would probably help align expectations if it were made abundantly clear on the account page where you fall.

Spoon likes this.
  9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Agreed. This is important. Many people pledged hundreds like 4 or 5 years ago, and it would be just plain silly if they are not getting all episodes. In my opinion, any subscriber should automatically get it all as well (as long as people stay subscribed for a few months straight, and are not constantly canceling and then re-upping). That one, I'm not sure they'll do, though.

mass likes this.
  10. Floors

Floors Avatar

Royal Founders with any decent pledge got access. It was mentioned in the rewards section of the original kickstarter, so you would know about it.

If you came after kickstarter then you may have to buy it, I see no issue with this because they never promised access to anything other than the rewards you got as a Duke, for example, you got a tax free lot of giant size and one of the most epic houses in the game, along with many other goodies nobody has that are rare.

Also, what's 19 dollars to someone that can afford 5500 to start with ?

I've also spent about 5000 dollars on this game since 2013. Most of that was just to help Port get it going, as an investor, and I got some nice stuff out of it as a result, which probably makes the game more enjoyable for me than many others, I admit.

11. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

If anyone has any questions about the pledge on their account, the best way to get an answer is to write in to support@portalarium.com from the email address associated with your account.

mass, calkano (PAX) and Jaesun like this.
  12. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

From what I understand, it was for people 2015 and earlier. I started pledging in Jan 2016 apparently weeks after and was confused by the pledge system (and how they presented it to someone seeing it for the first time and not hearing or reading about in on video or forums yet). Dont get me wrong, I accept it now but still think it silly that a Duke does has to pay for every episode (as in why would they take that benefit away when you are asking for a donation over $5,000).

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.