Exotic Locales: Cloud City, Atlantis, etc.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Alfric Jodoc, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfric Jodoc

Alfric Jodoc Avatar

Though I know such would not be feasible for probably the first few Episodes, wouldn't it be kind of cool to have really exotic locales such as a underwater settlement or a settlement in the clouds?

I think underwater locales would be cool, especially if the Boats Stretch Goal is met: it'd be cool to see a SotA take on merfolk, or possibly see what happened to the Nixies of Ultima IV.

Similarly, if air-based transport becomes available, ala balloons, magic carpets, winged steeds, etc., a sky-based community would also be cool to encounter.

What do you think?

majoria70, Spoon and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

I think on one hand, yes, sure, it would be cool. New environments are exciting. Flight is an exciting thing and still quite rare in MMOs.

On the other hand, the scope of adding that to the game (and doing it well), even in a future episode, would seem a little beyond what's possible (read: what the devs would perhaps want to spend their time on), to my reading of things.

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

If there's a cloud city, we need a clockpunk airship to get up there.

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This has been up a couple of times. But one of the constraints is that lots of the assets are purchased from the unity store, and there isn't as many fantastical assets like that. Which means that it would be out if scope for Episode1. But we could hope...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.