Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Exp POints and Skill training needs to be adjusted to prevenr Power gamers leaving everyone else in

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And that is where you totally fail to see what my point is - at a low pool each tick of a skill is less exp used. . . I.E. - +20k / 500+ a use, 15k / 400, 10k / 200, 100 / 4

So I go out and kill a tier 3 (Orange) ((only 200 exp gained (period)) critter NO matter my pool I use say 15 different shot to kill it, 3 of each, only 1 set to raise and I use that one skill 3 time, so three uses. . . .

Now at a pool of 20k those three skill uses equate to 1500 points added to the skill - now true it beat he crap out of my pool and results in a dead negative gain but actually raised the skill 3 levels. --- I lock my skills again and gain those 1500 points back and instead of spreading them around and gainin 2 pint a tick I go and work another skill 3 level in one kill rinse / repeat.

At 500 points in the pool I only go up 12 points, true I go up a whole 188 points.

The point is I go out and kill a 1000 - 100 point critters fast as hell with all skill locked and get 10K exp this will take like 40 minutes - now I go out and foucs train a few skill so I can kill these now in 20 minutes and then go back - I can leverage my skill training so I can kill these 1000 - 100 point critters in 10 minutes and I have just learned to train expintiontally faster than those that are training as they go and mainting a poll of 2k points. I will get stronger / faster / smart faster equating to killing harder and surviving more dangerous creatures fast than oyu can and then get even MORE exp per my kills and get even further ahead.

I realy don't care if you see it the Math is simple my time spent will be much better spent locking and traiing one skill at a time to leverage the system, somthign they ssaid they would fix but have failed to do so and therefore have set the game up so that the Power Gamers will just bow by everyone else. I know they deserve to be rewarded for their game play but NOT this much.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  2. Xander Xavier

Xander Xavier Avatar

I suspect you were running on your starting quests experience, which is there so you can quickly build your character's foundational skills. However once that pool is empty you will understand what we are talking about.
    Besides, my weapons skill was at 50 before I left Blood River because I burned 6,000 of my 10,000 starting experience on the practice dummy.

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Do the quests, I gained 21000 XP from the Highvale quests alone, that took less than 30 mins :p Questing helps early leveling so you won't have such a hard time. I think you warned us all how hard it would be to level without the old 2x/4x bonus! :) But we already knew.. did you forget? This game will take a while to gain gm's, the progression from previous days is gone. Not sure if xp needs a buff, and I'm not one to push away an xp buff, but these changes were known and expected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.