Explanation and update on balancing efforts for R74 and Q1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

This would be huge power creep imo, not balance. Now i can put these on my buff deck and gain more slots for DPS in my deck, I would not have to make any comprise between the amount of defensive vs aggressive glyphs.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

In ESO I'm a healer. A Warden with Animal companion and Green Balance (Healing) power. I don't get penalized there for defending myself. Especially while healing my companions and running for my life.

Oh and I'm a Nord with a Frost Staff. Nice weapon. I love it when I freeze someone into an ice statue and they crumble after a few moments . ;-)

Numa likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

I've been reading about the ice warden builds in ESO, it sounds like a fun build! Wish we could freeze mobs too in SOTA it would make a lot of sense if fire kills things fast but ice stops the bad guys first - then kills them.

Trading off damage for frozen cc sounds like the perfect defining trademark of ice.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  4. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

It would be fine to still require they be in your active deck in order to remain active.... assuming otherwise is just an assumption. This would be a major quality of life improvement to reduce immersion breaking micro-management of abilities that don't make sense to have to micro-manage. Even if it did create a power creep it's something that should be done and then balanced as needed imo (such as requiring toggled abilities to be on your active bar to stay active) want to deck swap but stay in current stance? then target deck also needs to have that glyph in it.

5. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

That seems a good compromise- I hate managing short buffs. Its one of the most frustrating things about combat in any game.

Ancev, Cordelayne, Sentinel2 and 2 others like this.
  6. Aldo

Aldo Avatar

I agree. I will wait till early in the next release to post the bug when dev attention is at it's peak.

EDIT: This is embarrassing! My quote and response to it were made in error here. I was responding to a post in the crafting forum regarding masterworking attributes on backpacks, or so I thought. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Mishras and Cordelayne like this.