1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well hopefully they get a little notice...finally.

Miracle Dragon, Tahru and cartodude like this.
  2. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I hope they update the update page:). I'm looking forward to this myself. Hope Chris and Starr don't take too long... :D

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

yea they are never totally about one thing or the other.
    they highlight whats on the plate and whats coming up.

Miracle Dragon, cartodude and Tahru like this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, leo, this will be the first time in a long time that they give any dedication to this subject, can't fault me for being a little interested.

5. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

No no don't get me wrong, this is great news!
    Im really really hoping they answer some good q's and are able to give you some assurance.
    I sent you a PM that might help give you some insight on the questions you asked earlier.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Yeah I saw that. Some I knew already, but I wanted to know specifically with the engine they have built on top of unity....if they could add more.

7. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Im sure they could add as many as they wanted right now, but it would blow up the server lol.

But yea I would presume they will come when they optimized the code, upgrade server, get a solid AI pathfinding model in the game.
    That would allow them to add "lesser" npcs that don't do much other than kinda go to point ABCA or follow a generic path algorithm .

But I suppose only they can confirm this. Its all on the plate for things to work on. The solid AI pathfinding and what not will also allow for better Companion commanding.
    Which I think really should be the highlight of questions for SP. Companions can add so much depth and customization if done right, so we should be pushing them on creating a really in depth model for companion commanding and corresponding, I don't want to see simple pet cmds that we have now, I want to see all the companions hp bars on screen and full readouts and menus I can quick access to send cmds to do specific skills. Old school RPG style stuff.
    That's what I think can really start to split the divide between the 2 modes.

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

...If only 90% of DHO requests weren't about fluff used (at most) by 1% of people...

Pickley, rune_74 and Ice Queen like this.
  9. Shadow of Light Dragon

Shadow of Light Dragon Avatar

There was, at least once. The only one I've been to.

It was held because (apparently) Portalarium were concerned about the disillusioned element in the UDIC Facebook group. A number of Dragons were very worried about the lack/absence of single player and story discussion in SotA's updates. We were all invited to prepare and ask a question.

I remember asking mine: How does Portalarium intend to reassure its SP backers that SotA isn't going to be an MMO, when all the recent updates (cash shop, etc) have essentially borne all the trappings of this game being an MMO?

And I still remember Richard Garriott's non-answer: We hope everyone will log in and enjoy this game online.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I hope to hear more in the hangouts about content, story, pvp, gathering/resources/ recipes/creature loot, combat animations/crafting/crafting recipes, roving encounters, spells and skills, the cabalists etc.that's coming this year. :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It drives me crazy, and makes me not watch the hangouts when there are so many requests and such for shiny towers or other silliness when the game is in the state it is in.

There are much bigger issues then another vanity piece.

12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The last hangouts were really hard to bear. I got the impression that the same questions were asked over and over again and most of them were about POTs, housing, decorations, new items for housing and lots, lot selection, addons etc. I couldn't even be bothered anymore to watch the hangouts. I read the questions in the comments section of the announcement and was instantly fed up.

13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

The current one is pretty much the same...there are a few single player and storyline questions now...but the majority still is the way you call it.

14. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I hope they concentrate on the single player stuff this time!

15. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I can't be at this hangout, so I can't do more then put questions in there. I have a feeling that it isn't a high priority for some players and it won't get as much traction as the things they are trying to push.

I wish they hadn't locked the thread I started, I think it would have been a good place to even start some discussions.

16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

DHO?

The post-mortem hangouts are usually about the last and next release. But I've always enjoyed the ones where Lum gets an opportunity to talk.

The Winter Telethon had a decent coverage of single player, but it didn't state anything new, just mostly repeating or clarifying stuff said by Starr in that 'unique offline features' topic.
    Would suprise me if we get something 'new' new which wouldn't have been in the
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/final-wipe-and-lot-selection.44430/
    topic. But it would be nice if they talked about their vision for the single player experience they have for end of year stuff.

17. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

That thread was locked for an entirely different reason which was posted in that thread. We discussed this in our PM and your means of remediation if you disagree. Bringing that drama into this thread is inappropriate and is only going to sway this further off topic.

I think it is time to bring it back to the topic in the OP.

18. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

"Developer HangOuts"

Ice Queen and Spoon like this.
  19. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Developer Hang Out. Or Postmortem. Or wherever we have a videoconference with lots of questions, and some answers.

Spoon, Ice Queen and Miracle Dragon like this.
  20. agra

agra Avatar

@59:17 on 20160205 Hangout
    So, I hate to be "that guy" but two things were omitted from the list of things that would go into that "NPC Core".
    1) Public Crafting Stations
    2) Crafting Supply NPC's

@DarkStarr Will those two things, additionally, being going into the PRT 2.0 or Improved PRT designs?

If so, I think it would alleviate a lot of the anxiety over players feeling the need to be in NPC towns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.