1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Yes, just forgot to mention them

2. agra

agra Avatar

Best news in the past 6 months (for me, anyway). Thanks very much! :D

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Thanks for the info about the PRT's during the hangout. The PRT's sound much better than the ones we currently have. /curtsey

4. TEK1

TEK1 Avatar

No matter how much you want to spin and manipulate the language of what will happen in July, you will be launching every major system in the game and as per your repeated definition of pre-alpha from just a couple weeks ago, you will be launching the game in a pre-alpha state and the game will be judged accordingly. The biggest reason for even doing crowdfunding was that it would fix the previous problems of being forced by publishers to release incomplete games. This has to be an embarrassment for Portalarium to be put in the same situation when there is no one else to blame now.

I still think you can fix this. Drop this embarrassing language changing nonsense, put all your efforts in completing the story first, release only that in July, then build on that by launching the entire housing system several months later. Even if that not is feasible in this time frame, I would much rather see the entire game delayed to make that happen rather this plan. Launching a bunch of incomplete features especially the story should be beneath all of you at Portalarium, it is what you promised would never happen when the game was announced. You can make it right.

5. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

For Online Players, launch is in july.

No more !

Ice Queen likes this.
  6. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Ok. I tried to read it all, but there are 26 pages!

Question: After the final wipe, will owners have a chance to set-up their POTs, before lot selection begins?

If anyone saw the answer to that question, please let me know. :)

Cypher Black

Duchess Fionwyn and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I think that was mentioned as a possibility yesterday in the devs hangout. If you mean allow people to claim POT lots before the land rush beings.

Duchess Fionwyn and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  8. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

No, I am thinking more giving the owners time to set up the POTs so that when the land rush begins, players can get lots at the POTs. As it looks now, there will be more claims than lots available in the the NPC towns, so it would be handy if the POTs had a chance to set up before the land rush started.

Cypher Black

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

False statement. It has been maintained for (literally) years now, that there will be sufficient lot for all pledge granted and Add-On Store purchased lots in NPC Towns (NPC and PRT) PLUS a 30% overbuild.
    No matter how many times the development teams has stated this over the course of the last couple of years, somehow the assumption remains that there will be a shortage without the PoT lots.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If they are entertaining the idea of allowing people to claim lots in POTs prior to the land rush as a possible method to lightening the land rush load. I'd imagine they'd give time for setup first.

11. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

With Release 32, after finale wipe, you can place your lot markers and set lot permissions.

12. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

In the proposed POT placement exception, I'm assuming that if you placed a lot there it would prevent you from taking your spot in the land rush. I didn't hear that clearly stated, but it has to be that way or it is grossly unfair.

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, this was said. It was also stated that there may be incentives offered for those that place in the PoTs and give up their spot in the Initial Lot Selection Sequence.

Miracle Dragon and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@Phydra ... What's the name of your town? There was a section in the Release 26 Instructions on Player Owned Towns that has a list of newly added towns and a map showing all the towns with Map Access.

15. Mystery Maiden

Mystery Maiden Avatar

My experience is to be about 4 - 6 weeks from the time you fill out the pot submission request to the next wipe. Any less lead time than that it gets iffy. Just my experience with the 8 pots our group just had put into the game this release.
    Good luck

16. Leeford

Leeford Avatar

I am extremely new to the game (backed the $55 pledge last month). I completely understand giving lot preference to original backers(founders) but the one down side is being last in line pretty much dissuades a backer like me from going "all in" on a $500+ pledge level. I don't mean to infer that lot placement is more important than the tax free deed. But when faced with a "land rush" you are certain not to "win", the notion of just earning a deed in game and putting it on whatever lot is left seems "nearly as good" if you follow me.

I was wondering if it might be possible in the future to do something like what Illfonic is doing with Revival, where backers pledge for specific lots that are mapped out in the specific village of choice. (you choose a town, a map of all the lots loads, showing which ones are available, you click on an available lot, see the stats and price, and add to cart) This way you know the lot you are getting from the start. Obviously this would only work in SotA with newly created towns and villages.

17. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I'd love to see this feature

Sara Dreygon and Kendric Darrow like this.
  18. Shadow of Light Dragon

Shadow of Light Dragon Avatar

I always pictured it as like an interactive cinema seating map. I thought that'd work well.

Unfortunately it defeats the purpose and frustration of a 'real' land rush, and would require more work and organisation on Portalarium's side.

Siriustar and HoustonDragon like this.
  19. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

That ship on pledges for specific lots probably sailed long ago. It is an interesting idea, but I could see it also being a huge management exercise that would cost the team more backer funds to deal with. On the bright side though, I thought that if you backed as say a Benefactor Lord today that you would still have the same land rush time as another Benefactor Lord that pledged a year ago at the same dollar amount. Just not the founder Lords. So I am not sure you really lost much in time, except for the very early backers. Also, if there are 30% more lots than lots demanded by pledges upon launch, there will still be plenty of lot choices to choose from.

Logain likes this.
  20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Lovecraft type game? I tried to check it out but you can't yet....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.