1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Final Wipe and Lot Selection

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I don't think it has been defined. I'm sure you'll be able to upgrade at any time, right up to the start of the rush.

Duke Raas and cartodude like this.
  2. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

About Duke lots... Keep in mind one of the things Port has admitted it still needs to add are Duke Keep Island Lots... And those are not city size but keep size.

ThurisazSheol and Sir Frank like this.
  3. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What if an NPC is to be met at a certain scene at a certain time?

Also why not have sleeping in the game? If NPCs sleep we should be able to, too. It adds to the simulation aspect of the world to use beds or bedrolls for sleeping. And it could include camping which would add to the atmosphere.

[​IMG]

redfish and 4EverLost like this.
  4. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

I have not read through everything in this post but my opinion on the housing situation for me is below.

1) is housing the most important thing that I want from the game ?

Absolutely not game play , storyline, and combat etc very important to me to. I hope things will improve on this.

2) is picking a lot critical to me playing the game?

If i intend to buy sell things or just like the scenery yes otherwise not really.

3) does the more money you pledge help with lot selection?

Yes I was aware of that from beginning . People will allways expect a return for their money unfortunately that's the way it is and company's know this.this is exactly the same with what houses people end up with.

4) is it right to go back on promises made to people who pledged ?

No . Promises should be honoured. Eg if promises were made to let deeds be placed on lower lots then that is set in stone and should not be changed. I for example would like a boat or ship home but unfortunately they are for founders and I have excepted that .

I intend to just wait and see how things pan out. Certainly won't get stressed over it because at the end of the day it's just a game even if I end up living in a tent .:)

4EverLost and cartodude like this.
  5. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

so land ownership isn't even considered into that number... it certainly should.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I get that they paid a lot of money, and I'm thankful the money is in the game.

My idea was only to put a price on anyone looking to take a lower lot in order to make it a choice. It wouldn't affect anyone that decided to use the lot deed for what it was originally made for.

It was just an idea to combat real estate speculation.

I would hope we all have an equal say in the game regardless of backing amount, that was always communicated at the start at least.

Cordelayne, Shade2 and Katrina Bekers like this.
  7. Dumdidum

Dumdidum Avatar

I am in group 91 and therefore have no expectation what so ever that i will get a decent plot.
    Which is fine by me - other people forked over more money and as far as i am concerned, more power to them.

8. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

What? No one is trying to kill multiplayer. We want the single player part to get equal attention and love from the devs as the multiplayer part gets.

rune_74, 4EverLost, Xandra7 and 2 others like this.
  9. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Uhm... Ehm...

Didn't understand. What number?

I just presented a data source for a percentage claim. I have no competence whatsoever to decide if it's good or not.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

oh, i wasn't calling you out on anything, sorry if you felt that way. my bad.

according to that info it was not taking into consideration pot ownership and the costs for that, to see who really was in the 1%, it was only taking pledge levels. - and its kinda old at this point.
    isn't there newer data somewhere?

11. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

There is room for both single player and multi player aspects to this game, and the ONLY people who will make the final decisions will be the Developers themselves. The personal attacks towards any players needs to knock it off, and stay focused on the game itself. We can debate, and disagree strongly at times about things, but we need to keep it respectful, period.

Edited to remove moderated quote. ~FireLotus

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
  12. Katrina Bekers

Np, I was just puzzled! :D
    Now I got it, and, well, yes, I agree.

I think the raw data to back that claim with absolute certainity, is only in the hands of Portalarium, and I doubt it'll release that.

Besides POT, also add-ons store purchases and stretch goal purchases count toward total money collected. But differently from the pledge numbers, we don't know who bought what (and in what measure). We may have Citizen-level pledges who bought so much from the store to "surpass" higher tiers as total amount pledged, and without having this association, it's actually very hard to say who contributed the most split by category.

I hope @dallas will provide us with more raw data, so to fuel further our speculations and let us play with numbers.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  13. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Some of the awesomest battles occured on this screen, using the camp ruins tactically, with the morningStar!

14. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Yeah, I've been reporting these. Hopefully the devs take notice.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes, we've never had sufficient data to factor in either PoT or Add-On purchases into the equation. Working with Best Available Data. For example, were my investments taken into account, I'd be in Group 11 rather than Group 29. While I have heard of one PoT Owner that had a non-landed pledge, I also know of higher level pledges that have multiple PoTs. One in particular I know of that has 5. I think it's safe to assume that the majority of the PoT owners come from the higher level pledges, though this is a complete assumption on my part, for which I have no hard data.

ThurisazSheol and Katrina Bekers like this.
  16. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Katrina Bekers
    @ThurisazSheol

You can Actuall backwards calculate all of that but it would take some effort. (Meaning I wouldn't do it).
    :p

In the Final Lot topic all the rush groups has a number where one can see all current pledges.
    In the R26 release notes there is a list of POTs.
    Etc.
    but really it's a bit moot. The 1% highest pledgers will also be the vast majority of POT owners tipping it even further.
    They will also be the most likely culprits of buying in the store.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Did this list have names associated?

18. Katrina Bekers

Yeah, while I was writing my post, I was actually playing with the idea that I know - or CAN know - the owners of all the POTs, too.

But I don't know what pledge tier is each governor - or not all of them anyway. Not counting alts.

And for sure I have no idea how much each player has spent in the add-ons store, to factor that in the totals. I doubt it's a negligible amount. Personally, I spent on the add-ons as much as half of what I spent for the pledge itself.

Krohon likes this.
  19. Sir Frank

Add-ons count?

20. Sir Frank

Ah. Answered my own question by reading.

Katrina Bekers and ThurisazSheol like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.