First Impressions-Bard

Discussion in 'QA Feedback Archive' started by Mingo, Feb 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

(by Mingo, an old bard from UO 20+years ag0)--I have climbed most of the bard tree. It is good that NPCs do not interrupt "casting" (actually playing I guess). Also it is good that you can train skills without "combat" or a training dummy/target (except for Concussive Canticle.....kind of odd to have this one skill that trains differently).
    --It is confusing to see "2 sec duration" listed by the skill but then an effect actually repeats in 2 sec cycles for a duration of 30 seconds....why don't you say "30 sec duration"?
    --The healing skill line seems woefully weak as opposed to Life Magic healing, but I don't have a group in the QA to practice with.
    --I might want to cancel a "cast" some time, there seems to be no way to cancel once you have begun.
    --Now my most important observation: NO MUSIC PLAYS !! my fellow group members will not know that I am doing anything.

--All in all the bard tree meets my expectations, but then when I watched "Star Wars: The Last Disappointment" that met my expectations also.
    --Crafting of songs would be a plus for bards. People could buy one time use songs (similar to potions or scrolls) to get a buff. Perhaps a weak version of an Obsidian Potion buff that only acts for an hour instead of 7 days.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like your ideas. Perhaps we should separate bard songs from our abc file songs some of us have. This causes problems imo because more than one bard in a party could be playing different songs and get crazy. If skills had a particular song then it could help and if it was short like most games that would be a plus.

We still have syncing songs outside of combat being a special thing to do so addressing how bard music is handled imo is important. Well and the dynamics and details of being a part and how fun it could be as well.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Numa likes this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

Can someone on the QA server test the bard healing song vs soothing rain? How weak is it really?

4. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Maybe we're MIME BARDS!! :p

Numa and FrostII like this.
  5. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

A thought on Syncing songs--If multiple Bards in a group COULD sync a song, the different Bards should give different buffs. Perhaps "syncable" songs should be a crafted item, where you have parts not only for different instruments, but for different buffs. Example: Lute part could give healing buff, Harp part could give fighting buff etc.

Numa likes this.
  6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You play whole songs, right? And switch between effects?

If that's how it works, then they should be able to /sync and keep launching their effects individually anyway.

If that's not the case, and you have to start a new song with each effect, how do you not lose your mind?

7. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

I did not get very far in terms of training it, but at around lvl 40, it was doing a 1 time heal of around 40-50 (I think), If this is AoE, it could be fine, but if it isn't, it is gonna be weak. I also did not have a group to test this!

Numa likes this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

Let's do some tests when the bards drop :) Got a pet so I'll see what numbers I get for soothing rain at my level. We can start a new thread.

Violet Ronso likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.