Fishing Lures and fishing Station

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by helomech, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helomech

helomech Avatar

I'm hoping this post is in the right spot. I had a couple of ideas for fishing. I was thinking a crafting station for fishing. I know fishing is going to be bait and pole based. So I was thinking, a scrap of metal, a beetle carapace and a spool of thread could be possible ingredients for a lure. Several lure recipes discoverable on rare fish or lunkers. We could also craft reels and fishing poles at the crafting station. It was just a thought that I wanted to share with the community and hopefully, if you like the idea, we can figure a way to share it with the developers. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sorthious, majoria70 and FrostII like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi such good ideas you have. :) A week from Thursday we will see lots of new updates for fishing. We have waited so long for this and they say more is coming over time as well. ;)

3. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

long long ago you could craft fishing poles but for some reason they took them out

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Fishing isnt really a craft skill tho, it is a gathering skill. It would make more sense for lures to be made using carpentry, or possibly alchemy.

They didn't want craftable tools. However, there are now craftable cleavers (part of the kitchen tools) so I don't know why they couldn't add back in poles.

majoria70 likes this.
  5. helomech

helomech Avatar

Plenty of people would disagree with that. Tying your own fishing lure is a craft in itself. Down to crafting reels and different types of fishing poles. I agree that adding it to a station would be much easier. I also agree that they could divide it up amongst other stations. The point was to make fishing preparation and equipment a little more personal and interactive. I love fishing.. loved it in UO, as simple as it was. The act of fishing is not a craft skill i agree (although its under the crafting tab... LOL)

Anyway..... just ideas

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yes, lures would be cool. Just have to make sure that they have a decay time or maybe a chance to get snagged and lose your lures. For suggestions like yours you can use this forum subsection:

Wishlist Request

helomech likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.