Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Flagged for PVP should equal triple experience points.

Discussion in 'Release 22 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Oct 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Also nothing else would change... people would still have their house copied in that instance, so if they switch over they don't have to start again... they just would lose consumables and gold and their character.

You see nobody is asking for it to be perfect, we'll use our imaginations to explain the fact theres so many empty houses, we'll get around the fact that some systems can't be modified...

I just want to make my home in a place where if I save a gentleman from a dragon, he's going to remember it and then when our friendship is tested by territory fights against pks and he sees I've not betrayed him after being bribed, that the friendship becomes also a dream.

2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The economy on a siege perilous instance has to be shut off from every other playing mode, there can be no mingling, thus the economy isn't affected, its a slow economy since skill gains are much slower and NPCs don't buy so many things. Have you ever seen siege perilous ? it works just fine, even to this day and I have lots of friends there.

That answers both questions, noone can go back to other modes and level... the character they have for Siege cannot be transfered. How did you miss that in my replies ? :/

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Questions were ignored, rephrasing of the question is impossible.

4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I obviously don't understand the questions then ! Why are you so rude :(

5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Siege Perilous is not a factor in the questions. SotA is not using a SP model it's much more like Fel/Tram model. Effectively what you are asking for is going from one model to the other without changing the rules to fit the model.

This will completely disenfranchise the players that choose either side.

6. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It's not rude, it's direct.

The questions are simple. Take UO pre-Tram, look at the world. Then take UO post-Tram, look at the world. How did the economy change. How did PvP change.

7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ok lets go back at the root... what does it change in your world, why would it dienfranchise anyone if a few of us decide to split off into an instance ?

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Ok I sure don't want to prevent you to be direct, it comes off as rude because you ignore the facts I stated, Siege never had fel/tram, and its economy is the ONLY one that survived... Things still work as intended there 10 years later... there is no trammel ?!

9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Ok, now we are getting somewhere I can rephrase.

The SotA economy is being built around a set of rules, post-Tram for a simple comparison, a Siege Perilous world would still be using this ruleset if it was a simple code change in log in to filter people to that world.

It's doing what UO did with the split only in reverse.

I know I know, let it go and let the Siege Perilous side sort it out. But that's only the small game issues. The big game issues like what content or the lack of content do SP minded players want vs the non SP minded players want. How much dev time should they commit to one side and at what point does the other side get outraged at the lack of dev time on their play style.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I am personally responsible for the wants of the SP crew and they are few, as I said I listed the 4-5 little changes, its more like adding a simple algorythm on top of whats already here. It's not coding.

In fact having that simple environement would satisfy my need for old school roleplay, then I could actually log in my second account (more pledges) and come enjoy the Tram side of the game as you call it, and get to live the story a bit faster and maybe even use that knowledge to direct my experience on the SP instance. As I did with Atlantic when I played SP.

I did not spend my time trying to find flaws in Trammel style roleplay, I just went with it and everyone was glad I came by, because I didn't hold any frustrations or grudges ; I had them all resolve on the SP side even if I had no PVP at all... just knowing I was in a chaotic world where my actions really mattered was enough.

That would be considered meta-gaming by some, you're right to ask those questions... it shows you know the regular playerbase.

A good example is on the first day the new music system came out, everyone was meeting up and trying to do duets and band playing, we all had so much fun... I did the same on the second day, then the third... then... people got tired of it and turned back the radio on... I spent a few days playing alone and the people whom I played with earlier didn't even say hi, of course theres a few exeptions but some people even told me to stop playing over the radio like I was some crazy alien.

So yes, I haven't actually played the game all I did was play music, the addition of this system to SOTA was my wildest dream and one of my first wish for this game :)

So yea :

If anyone on the SP instance side has any complaint about the lack of dev love, then they'll have to deal with me. I'll gladly sacrifice my ego and personal "fun" to serve the greater interest.

It's that simple, no one else is standing up so be it. If they wanted more then they just had to do like me and take a big pledge and try to participate in improving the main game before they started making demands. I'm one of the poorest person you can imagine, in fact I made a budget and cut on food to be able to afford this pledge ; so they don't have any excuse.

As always these posts are not re-read and pre-meditated, I always speak from the heart because I don't know how long I have to live... I want to be remembered for who I really am.

11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Here is the rephrase you requested.

Are the players that would play on a Siege Perilous type world a different type of player than the player that would not play on Siege Perilous.

The devs will be making system and content that builds trust in a player base. A consistency in play style. The change brought with Trammel was a big consistency change.

If there are 2 worlds they should both be receiving equal dev attention. The way you present a SP world is by saying the devs should ignore that playstyle and just use the other playstyle with full open PvP as the only change.

Not good.

12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Not "good" but better than nothing !!!

Then if the devs see there is alot of interest and that it unfolds well and we're in the middle of episode 4 and some devs have free time, then and only then they should focus on giving that side more love. There is not two worlds per-say, its only a selective multiplayer "switch" which you can't go back from...

Siege Perilous was also hated by EA, they even faked they would give the shard some event moderators but they all left in total burnout after a few weeks... some even broke down in some type of hallucinations/bad dreams and ranted about how the experience was totally unreal because people didn't follow their point by point story and started inventing their side stories and walk off the beaten path. Then EA started trying to change the server but there was protests and everytime they had to restore it. Even with AoS and all the other fancy stuff superposed Siege still had a solid community and economy.

I don't see the players that totally different, I'll even venture to say that most players I met on Siege are "tram-style" players... in fact I think most people with two accounts will want to use one in that instance if they really love the game, cause playing the game slower when you love it is GREAT. Little things make you happy...

Besides if the devs tell those players they'll have to deal with me if theres any complaint... do you even see one single peep daring to come and talk to me face to face ?

Highly doubt it :p When people can avoid my deep instospective and philosophical rants they really do avoid me at all costs :D

lol...

13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If better than nothing means players can choose to be a 2nd class citizen getting no dev time to support your play style was at all realistic I might agree with you. But we all know that's not true. There will be a split in dev time. Even if it's only to grease the squeaky wheel. It's split dev time.

The plan for SotA is to give places for each play style. Open PvP is an option and SP isolates all open PvP into one filter. But is that needed? The meta server make the need for such things counter productive. How players are filtered into any given scene can be tailored to any play style they choose.

What a Siege Perilous play style deserves is a full dev team intent on making the best possible world for the people that like that play style. Anything less does the players no justice and the player base will suffer.

14. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Amusingly a lot of people who label themselves PvPers won't play on Siege Perilous. It has come up every other month on the forums for the past several years but most refuse to move there citing various reasons - I'm sure anyone who cares can look for themselves. =P

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  15. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

But you forget the part where they deal with me and suffer even more...

Seriously I agree with you that it should be more than just a few rules changes... but as it stands right now my playstyle is completely ignored, its a gamebreaking issue for me and many others.

What I do in this world dosen't matter, I have no impact and mining bots will always undercut my prices as a crafter... It's really grim looking for me even if I LOVE the art and LOVE the social systems like music and decorating... on Siege Perilous the pks and antis work together... the pks kill the bots... there is none on Siege and I've been there for years.

No hackers, no bots... no nonsense.

16. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Actually, this is where SotA is very different than the UO Fel/Tram split. Post Tram, UO, did not take BOTs into account. In SotA, watch what happens to a BOT in a Shardfall going for rare resources (once Shardfalls are finished of course)

Your playstyle is possible only you will still see people not interested in your playstyle running around. The plus side is if your playstyle shows to be appealing then people can convert without the penalty of starting over and leaving their friends behind.

17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Of course some new player miners got killed as collateral damage, but then they could hop on the forums, ask for help and 3-5 guilds would offer membership along with materials to help start as a crafter for free... then if the miner encountered PKs, there would be wonderful roleplay going on that you never see on other servers. The miners could use their membership to known guilds as a free pass because if the pks didn't listen then the guild would find their home and camp their house until they got the message.

On a regular server the pk couldn't have cared less cause he gave the loot to a friend of his who brought it to trammel and then sold the goodies while being protected by the game.

18. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

The fact you don't see where my playstyle is affected by people gathering ressources in protected mode while I'm having a hard time cause I'm open pvp is really appaling. I feel like you're just trying to twist my tongue so I stop talking and the issue is pushed back again...

19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Oh I see it. I choose to not bother with the topic as the devs have this economy designed with BOTs in mind. They are aware of BOTs. BOTs are nothing new. The difference is they want to control the issue and you simply using BOTs to fuel your premise.

It's 2 very different games. The issue was punted off the map at the first mention of it. No need for tongue twisting.

20. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I'm not fueling anything ! I'm just saying, I think thats what Baron Fondorlatos wants... but is confused about by saying he wants more XP for pvp... we established many logical conclusions in this thread and this is one of them.

No need for tongue twisting : "we" already decided something without even studying the issue or if it was possible to give those LOYAL players who all truth be told still ADMIRE RG and Starr for creating a game they still LOVE to play. As you said it... punted off the map at the first mention of it.

Why ? Because it was unfeasible ? NO, because it secretly satisfies people like you who have had obviously bad experiences in open pvp settings.

I'm not going to venture into speculation but I really think the devs know about those "subconscious" mechanics in playerbases. Do you think I made an ass of myself so many times just for fun... I'm pretty sure the whole dev team hates me by now and there's nothing to remedy it... why would I do that if I did not feel myself very excluded ?

You think I just talk out of desire... but you should know better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.