Fledgling follows Anpu to the Stables...

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by grandmaJOY, Aug 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

...and listens to Anpu's clear and simple instructions and now rides a fine Bay Horse - and wow is he zippy!

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-basic-guide-for-mounts.166241/

Now that I'm wearing heavy armor I had to give up Sprint from Light Armor so the mount is a nice substitute - and it only took me 12 tries with 9 Collars.

What's that? Do I have questions? Of course I do:

Is there a method to see where I am bound without being at a Town Crier? (My memory is so bad with this I've resorted to a stickie on my 2nd monitor:eek:)

How can I pin Quests to my on-screen Journal?

Many thanks to all for reading and helping the fledgling find her wings.

2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Congrats!! :)

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

A recall scroll will take you to where you are bound. Sorry you won't come on the online game you could have a free room at my inn in Wizards Rest and lots more until you get a free deed. You would bind there. Your teleport to zone scroll shows all locations you've visited when you open it. As always I'm Majoria in the game and happy to help.

Cordelayne, FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  4. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

I do understand that a Recall scroll gets me back to where I'm bound, the problem I'm having is remembering *where* I am bound and I wonder how I can view this in-game before I use a scroll.

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I will say this about stickies, hand written notes and such, "for me that never ends" :D My note scribling has gotten to such an advanced stage of waist paper that I've now resorted to 2 notebooks, one for temperary notes and the other for information I'm constantly needing to ask about but can never remember what the answers were.

• Account names and passwords
    • "/" commands in the chat window
    • How much of anything I have.
    • and so on
    • and so on
    • and so on :p
    I'm so old I made my own Shroud of the Avatar interconnecting teleporter (bus) transport system:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...in-the-time-tunnel.168456/page-2#post-1327532

and there are two more teleport clocks yet to be built which will bring the total number of outbound teleports to 60 destinations and many more than 60 more teleport return and connecting destinations.

Some people think I created all that just for other people, but it was created for visually impared and elderly players because almost everything in our game has small difficult text (no matter how large text can be made to be).

I rarely need any scroll transport, but I do sometimes use a recal scroll when my backpack is not overloaded.

I would encourage anyone over 60+ to begin using a notebook early, because memory loss or declining eye sight is never planned for, :oops: but it does happen and it's unavoidable.

The entire thing cost me just over $10,000.00 real world dollars but anyone is welcome to use it, not just this old man :cool: that's going blind and very forgetful.
    ~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Place a recall scroll in your hotbar at the bottom of your screen. Now hover your mouse over the scroll on your hotbar.

grandmaJOY, FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  7. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

*nods knowingly* You, kind Sir, clearly understand the languages of Sticky and Notebook. As I type this my current Journal sits on my desk surrounded by pages of "notes" and 2 sticky pads because the Journal is full, but the notes are still important... I am also glad to hear I am not alone in finding the script difficult to read -- not only the size but also the faintness (e.g. Journal Entries).

I have a newer large monitor with great resolution which unfortunately translates to even SMALLER, finer text:( On bad days, I am tempted to make the old monitor (currently doing 2nd monitor duty) the main monitor again. But then I would feel bad about wasting money on the new monitor!

I remain too new to understand your teleporter system, but it looks quite snazzy!

Time Lord likes this.
  8. grandmaJOY

grandmaJOY Avatar

Thank you Anpu I'm glad to know there is a system in place because just minutes ago I walked into Resolute, Bound at the Town Crier and by the time I had salvaged my gear and sold the detritus of adventuring to a merchant, I couldn't remember if I had rebound and had to go back to the Crier to make sure:D

Time Lord and Anpu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.