Friday Stream Questions & Topics - March 19, 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilfred, Mar 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilfred

Wilfred Avatar

-
    Here are the questions and topics from the March 19 Friday Stream, with timestamps.

Atos and Elgarion talking balance changes, food, crafting changes, and ...prizes!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/955531827

----------

9:48 AzazelReborn: !question
    are we live yet?
    - Chris answered about 00:52:55

11:13 Dr_L: !question
    For air shield balance, have you considered using a function that allows focus transfer ratio to asymptotically approach a small but finite value (~0.2) from above?
    - Chris answered about 00:53:00

11:45 Mal_Hari: !question
    can we get the Float Meditate Emote to be continues like dance or smoking
    - Elgarion and Chris answered about 00:45:55

11:52 istarstrider: !question
    Any update on being able to sell items on vendors for COTOs?

12:15 xrossfirebugseye: !question
    Inky has the ability to pass variables from the game. When you set up the player conversationalists did you pass any variables to Inky for our use? If not, can you add avatar's name, gender, adv/prod level, guild name, current title, spec 1 & 2, and any other things that would be useful to our conversationalits. See *** document.

- About 00:17:15, Chris talked about upcoming balance changes, more about 00:20:00, more about 00:23:55, more about 00:35:00

- About 00:18:30, highlight of Lightbringer Isle, more about 00:21:50, more about 00:27:30

- About 00:19:10, Chris said he will be streaming the horse race event in Ironhall tomorrow, more about 01:50:30
    20:23 CommunityoftheAvatar: Here's the Ironhall event we're talking about:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ironhall-royal-horse-races.167592/

22:50 AzazelReborn: !question
    Is our time spent in game important to you, the game current game we have does not take that into account. Our time is a resource and you should keep that in mind when you're developing or making changes?

24:25 Nightraven1d: !question
    Talking about Balance, When are you going to stop the potion drinking spam people are using for PVP combat.

26:17 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !Question
    since water is changing color, can we get a means to make it rain blood?

28:19 Dr_L: !question
    how will RoF not crit help? doesn't the vast majority of RoF damage come from unlimited number of mobs it can tick on?

- About 00:28:05, Chris and Elgarion talked about wall updates to make collision on wall set pieces more forgiving

29:35 toular_fairloe: !question
    speaking of laying out castle walls ... would a "grid snap" or "object snap" be feasible?

30:04 xrossfirebugseye: Elgarion, when you look into the walls can you make sure pets won't walk through the walls

30:32 PifeSter: !question
    How about 2 story walls? Or wall blocks, where you could put a wall on them

29:07 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    any thoughts on updating the relationships between Death < - > Life & Moon < - > Sun Magics? e.g. Sun doing more damage to shadow creatures, moon magic hurting the phoenix more, and some more life magic glyphs to make it able to combat undead/death mages better?

- About 00:30:05, Elgarion talked about new sound effects in the Crown Shop.

31:53 InadequateCactus: !question
    Will we ever see obsidian armor become useful? Its reflection for melee attacks seems unique and useful but it takes resistance before reflecting making it less useful than other armors
    - Elgarion answered about 01:13:20

- About 00:32:20, Chris talked about advertising to bring in more new players.

33:46 jlovenpk2: !question
    New School Magis - Arcan Magic. What you think about it? (RU player)

35:37 dogfacedmenace: !question
    Is there a way to preview Heraldry Blazon on Heraldry items before we submit our design?
    - Elgarion answered about 01:14:40

36:50 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    does adjusting cast time impact people who use unlocked decks?
    - Elgarion and Chris answered about 01:16:35

37:22 serrpeters: !question
    Will you be working on crafting gem enchant item proves to get them to work? As some do, some dont, and many are worthless.

39:05 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Any thoughts on changing shield of air to increase dodge/damage avoidance and then change Shield of Water to damage transfer to focus?

39:12 PifeSter: !question
    How about a heraldry printing press, so we could get our heraldry on books. Only remembering this since I am moving some books around that I cant remember who I got them from.

40:13 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Does dex effect melee crit chance?

44:20 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Can you share any updates on the plans for the feed the village bonuses?

46:12 JoeZhudarak: !question
    Hi Chris PLease make aether orbs enchantable

46:47 Dr_L: !question
    Shield of Air focus regen penalty will also apply to bard focus song?

46:54 DartanObscuro: !question
    when *high* wizards are idle can you give them a smoke emote?

47:12 pivcer: !question
    what's the complete crit chance logic ? Is dex a major player and embrace/weak points/weapon/gear really add by the % stated?

48:53 necronut: !question
    How about a passive Earth resist?
    - Chris answered about 01:31:15

50:05 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Will high level players still be able to die from fall damage?
    - Chris answered about 01:21:20

51:28 eaglekeeper91: !question
    Can you look at Taenby Harbor? 1. When you enter from the overworld it only defaults to the main entrance even if you have discovered the other entrances. 2. Is it possible to get Oracles in NPC towns?

52:05 Nightraven1d: !Question
    Why is there no critical damage on Atonial Aria or Concussive Canticle.

52:53 AzazelReborn: !question
    can we get a spreadsheet of technical changes made to the game so we as players know what has changed?
    - Chris answered about 01:24:35

- About 00:54:35, Elgarion talked about food system updates, and provided the spreadsheet link below.
    54:56 CommunityoftheAvatar:FOOD SPREADSHEET |
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...3e508oPFBr8y5xBv114dpczJo/edit#gid=1225124221
    | The spreadsheet is updated for the upcoming R88 changes to include the names and buffs of the 23 new foods!

56:47 Nightraven1d: !Question
    Why are we getting normal boar meat from Razer back Destroyers when they drop a recipe that requires Obsidan Meats.

56:52 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Are you tying any drop rates to the lunar or seasonal system?

57:50 Dr_L: Simple math = broken game. Pls consult w/ Dr Bob on math. physicist math very strong!
    1:00:26 ShroudoftheAvatar: Dr_L, my background is actually math. I was a chip engineer with full engineering background and Texas state math champ in 1986 as a junior. The problem is not know proper math to use but rather changing targets and player experience. Math is easy, player psychology and evolving world
    1:02:02 Dr_L: @shroudoftheavatar thank you for the reply!
    1:02:35 ShroudoftheAvatar: Dr_L, you're absolutely right though. If I had to do it over, I would have avoided all linear, approaching zero problem stats
    1:03:11 ShroudoftheAvatar: Like I said in the stream, big problem of linear approaching zero stat with power related to 1 over the value
    1:03:28 Dr_L: @shroudoftheavatar What about: constant * exp(skillScore / dampingFactor) + asyLimit?
    - Chris answered about 1:04:55

1:03:14 Merrik_Dragon: !Question
    are the Sannio Coookies made from Sannio or... ???
    1:03:36 IamSannio: @Merrik_Dragon Haha, well I am pretty vanilla, so...
    1:03:46 Merrik_Dragon: hehe

1:05:47 4ddr0x: !question
    why is it when i knockdown a mage that they still hit me with fire spells? For example Lich mages wiill hit me with fireballs/spells while knocked out on the floor ...

- About 1:06:00, Chris and Elgarion talked about upcoming salvage improvements.

1:08:45 4ddr0x: !question
    can we know what each artifact does like a mouse over explanation? example I dont know what lute of discord does? In game tooltip or actual explanation on the item itself

1:09:57 ElrondKingOfElves: Were back to components thought were getting gems to socket from arties
    - Elgarion responded about 01:11:00

1:08:30 alphaine: @shroudoftheavatar I am still experiencing lagged spike on my own game
    1:08:48 alphaine: especially with other players with me, is it just me?
    1:09:00 ShroudoftheAvatar: @alphaine Describe what lag spike means?
    1:09:41 alphaine: i keep seeing people running on the spot then move only after every 2 sec stand on spot running @shroudoftheavatar
    - Chris responded about 01:12:00
    1:12:45 alphaine: yeah i hope thats just my side thing

1:11:27 Merrik_Dragon: !question
    when can we masterwork AND enchant artifacts? right now we can only do one of those...
    1:11:54 Coswald_Dirthmire: you can masterwork and enchant most arties. But all jewelry and offhands for unstance are only enchantable
    1:12:04 Coswald_Dirthmire: (Even crafted jewelry is only enchantable)

1:11:52 shadowvice: !question
    Will there be a difference in fabric when making cloaks?

1:12:07 Nightraven1d: !Question
    Why not just give Enchanters the ability to remove bad enchants and Masterworks from an item at a cost of Materials.

1:13:46 CoraCuzabich: !question
    Can patterns be setup to drop alongside other salvage drops rather than instead of? They drop pretty frequently. If I want to salvage 20 rusty swords to get metal scrap, I'm probably going to get 16 patterns.
    - Elgarion answered about 01:26:50

1:13:59 alphaine: @shroudoftheavatar have you visit around the towns yet ? made some work done
    1:14:18 ShroudoftheAvatar: Alphaine, you're scaring me. :p
    1:15:32 alphaine: @shroudoftheavatar i try to work my way out for using less object use to build stuff, to control on the loading time

1:14:22 weldermobile: !Question
    have they made taming more achievable by new players by not requiring silver which is a high end mat.
    - Elgarion answered about 01:30:05

1:14:31 Coswald_Dirthmire: Chip prices are dropping towards NPC value after the imbued resto changes it seems, that will help with gear supply
    1:14:56 Coswald_Dirthmire: (though still like 120k gp worth for a single chest blank... are obsidian forge exceptional rates 50% as well?)
    - Chris responded about 01:15:10

1:15:12 saevio_vehemens: !question
    Are we any closer to figuring out the rtx issues?
    - Chris answered about 01:27:55

1:17:36 ElrondKingOfElves: !question
    Salvaging- Any improvements for crafted stuff or will it still be just scraps ?
    1:19:30 CommunityoftheAvatar: @ElrondKingOfElves Bzus made a system where I think I can add tiered results based on success IF I remember correctly, I'll know more next month when working on it, but I should be able to just get things populated and get you some of your goodies back. Keep in mind, component gold values will drop since the return will be bigger. Much bigger is what he's saying if I recall. Don't lawyer me pls, trying...
    1:19:37 CommunityoftheAvatar: ...to remember, and I haven't started the work yet.
    1:20:37 ElrondKingOfElves: k.... as a crafter dont care much about components gold value... but if i get some mats back from poorly enchanted stuff means i got more mats to craft again

1:19:26 sbburzmali: Massive pets isn't a build?
    - Chris responded about 01:19:35

1:20:15 necronut: @shroudoftheavatar So fire spec causes ALL fire to stack resist debuff, and evaporate adds EVEN MORE debuff. Add in ignite weapon stacking for an additional 30% debuff and you've pushed fire resist debuff over 100%
    - Chris responded about 01:20:35

- About 01:21:30, Maxine made an appearance, And again about 01:23:35 :)

1:22:46 shadowvice: !question
    Any updates on Vendor searches?

1:26:12 alphaine: @CommunityoftheAvatar is it possible to see the angle turning of something to reveal how many degrees is turned from its original position, in numerical form?

1:27:15 The_Mad_Chef_of_Xenos: !question
    Will unicorns drop haunches now?

1:27:37 Scooooooby_Doo: !question
    can we enable combining of the Envy Bows?

1:31:45 Mal_Hari: !question
    when will there be a scene with as many trees as a mine has ore nodes.

1:31:46 Ablinken1: !question
    are taming necklaces ever going to be enchantable?

1:31:53 Scooooooby_Doo: !Question
    has the water changed colour? i like it SeemsGood
    - Chris answered about 01:32:25

1:33:52 weldermobile: @communityoftheavatar please take a look at it closer. let's say a new player wants to make collars to level the skill, you will spend days mining for a few points. I like to be a tamer not a miner.
    - Elgarion and Chris responded about 01:34:05

1:34:44 ElwynMoon: !question
    can someone look at the math for leather from scrap, there's literally no point for using leather scrap as it is now
    1:35:08 CommunityoftheAvatar: writing that down

- About 01:38:15, Elgarion talked about the upcoming events, and provided the links below.
    1:38:29 CommunityoftheAvatar: UPCOMING EVENTS |
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35475
    | Got an event you'd like to share with the community? Looking for an event to attend? Well check out the upcoming events page to learn what's going on with the community in the world of New Britannia!
    1:39:53 CommunityoftheAvatar:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...insider-on-ironhall-and-phoenix-haven.167658/
    1:40:55 CommunityoftheAvatar:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ion-every-sunday-at-1500-est-1400-cst.167682/
    1:41:21 CommunityoftheAvatar:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/dying-for-a-drink.167703/
    1:41:47 CommunityoftheAvatar:
    http://thecaverns.net/Podcasts/content-archives/fanfiction/
    1:42:29 CommunityoftheAvatar:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sota-event-calendar-now-live.167402/
    1:42:51 CommunityoftheAvatar:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/sotaprices-com.167282/
    1:45:42 CommunityoftheAvatar:Here's a direct link to the SOTA event calendar if you guys would like to bookmark it :)
    https://teamup.com/ks2asuhxjkowribgni

1:40:05 disynthetic: !question
    I wondered if you could speak briefly to the goals with design and/or improvements regarding UI, ie, what are some of the major challenges to lowering the CPU load of the UI itself.
    - Chris answered about 01:43:10

- About 01:37:15, more about 01:44:45, Chris talked about the items being sent to Alphaine as recognition for Chaotic of the New Britannia Empire.
    1:37:33 alphaine: woohoow~
    1:38:38 alphaine: lol a medal~
    1:45:16 alphaine: hmm wow ~
    1:45:39 alphaine: didn;t know i am chaotic members

1:43:04 Dr_L: !question
    what changes with spell crit damage?

1:45:20 ElwynMoon: !question
    can the gray part of HP/focus bars be made lighter or something? it's got bad contrast with the red and hard to see where the line is (some people do not have perfect color vision)

----------

Elgarion and Sorgin Txakal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.