1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Full loot PVP and stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think you misunderstand the push for no forced pvp and no pvp. The first means that we will have to do it in order to really succeed in the game, the 2nd is what it should be...pvp for those that want it. Something I have been fine with from the start, I only care about the part that affects the rest of the game.

blaquerogue and Ice Queen like this.
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Intertesting thing about the PvP threads is it attracts the absolute extremists on both sides of the camp.

I would like to say thank you to those players with the extreme views because you make my play style more meaningful........

Yes I will PK, rezkill and camp spawn locations at times without remorse.

For the pro PvP extremists, you should always be careful what you ask for....you have made your bed so you best lie in it and enjoy the ride.

For those pro No PvPers..... Part of me hopes I will never see them in a PvP area quite simply because whine far too much and have no tolerance for other play style. The other part of me hopes they come to visit......just so I can make them rage quit for a day or so; at the same time knowing I have done the PvP community a service.

Safe to say, I look forward to seeing you all on the field.

blaquerogue and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    When I look at the PvP vs PvE argument I see a wall between them. I try to keep my perspective in a direction that is beneficial to the game, not to each individual so please do not lump me in any group, because in reality I do both. I am not pointing fingers at anyone by saying that, its just a general statement. Now, I understand that we all have our own wants and needs and yes they have become abundantly clear. What I suggest is that we, collectively, look at this issue from outside the box. Lets look at it in terms of what will and will not be sustainable in game. What direction can we go that will be the most fun for all of us? Of course there are extremists on both sides of this argument, and they all have valuable input on how they want to see the game proceed. In order for pvp to be promising, and not become a barren hex filled with only a small group of hard core pvp players, you have to at least acknowledge that there must be some way to make the game fun to draw more players in and to enjoy pvp. How to do that I do not know. What I do know is that if the pve crowd does not have fun in trying out the new pvp system, they will not go there. It is a fine line of course. Understanding each other is a key to this, and not personal attacks on each other. Can we look at each other honestly and state that we care about the development of this game, or are we just so selfish that we wont consider other points of view? If we give respect to each other and Listen to each other, instead of talking past each other, then possibly we can find middle ground. If no middle ground can be found, I fear that pvp will be stagnant, which is a shame, and pve will lose out because the pvp base will dwindle. Both sides lose, and the game suffers. We have to find a middle ground.

Topics to discuss and Points of contention to discuss, not argue, discuss.
    Resource placement
    Res Killing/griefing
    Full Loot
    Justice
    Balance
    Economy

Points not to discuss:
    anything that includes We or Us. We have an individual voice of our own, lets use it and not build up walls with the We/They argument.
    Personal attacks - things that belittle ones opinions or views of the subject. Its better to acknowledge and try to understand, and then counter the argument. If you cant agree, then agree to disagree. We need to be able to talk to each other, and not build resentment between us.

Man, I don't want to preach, but in all reality I have to take a break from the forums at times because it is so negative. It fosters a bad community, and we should all want a good and positive community right? There are those that I have spoken out to in anger before, and I really do apologize. I am not immune to outbursts myself and have been caught up in them. Especially after happy hour. :p anyway, I listed above some points to discuss and try to have a discussion on, and not try to yell through each other lol. Good morning friends.

[​IMG]

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Who do you number among those, Envy, and do you mean those who do not wish to PvP themselves, or those who wish there to be no PvP in the game?

5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Those who are so anti PvP they would prefer it not to be in the game at all than have any development time spent upon it.

EDIT: basically the minority on the PvE side who are as equally aggressive as a minority on the PvP side who would want open consensual PvP across all land.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Thank you. I can only think of one name I Might number in that list, though I would have to go back and review posts before making such a pronouncement. I am not, nor have I ever been, a member of that extreme. I've always maintained the position that PvP should be included in the game, and that SotA would be a lesser product for its absence.

E n v y likes this.
  7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I try to avoid naming name as I know I would get a slap on the hand under the argument of a "personal attack" :eek:

I work off they basis that if someone reads my post and thinks i'm talking about them.......then there is a good chance I am lol :D

Ariella likes this.
  8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Oh I agree with this, though I think some extremists hide in sheeps clothing pretending not to be.

Ariella likes this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

One of the things I most admire about Envy. There is no pretense.

10. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

Agreed.

Here is my take on some as a player that is not a pvp player but does like the threat of being attacked. I enjoy the risks and it is more about trying to survive and coming out ahead when I do.

It would be a shame if the pvp and full loot areas have no reason to go other than pvp. This is a hybrid game that is supposed to bring us together. So I do not think any place should be exclusively made for the one type of play. Sure many will not want to go in there no matter what. Which is fine and the players choice. But that is not a reason to not have stuff to do for those that would enjoy the challenge.

For me there has to be some reason for me to risk being killed to go in and do non combat activity in these areas. While it may be a bit selfish I would like the game to have these types of opportunities so players like me can choose to try and take advantage of them.

So for resources and such I would say that the pvp and full loot areas should provide some chance of better gains than in safer areas. There are many ways the devs could try and increase gains in these locations. Maybe easier access, more nodes, better yeilds, less npc protecting/guarding the resources or anything else of that nature.

I do agree that entering these areas should be completely optional though. There should not be anything in those areas that can not be gotten elsewhere by those that choose not to enter such areas.

On Res Killing/griefing. I do not do it or enjoy it when it happens to me. But I have grown to accept it as part of some peoples play. I really don't understand it but some peoples play is actually trying to bring misery to others. The best I can do is not let it bother me and I have pretty much taken away their power over me.

Justice? I hope they avoid the flagging system of uo. It was pretty flawed. Hopefully they can deal with most of this using the virtue system.

11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Very well put, thank you. :)

Sebastion likes this.
  12. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

I do believe one of the biggest problems people have with pvp in this game is we do have a lot of players from the uo generation here. Many players remember what it was like living under the tyranny of the reds and a pvp soully minded administration. those fears and anguish from those days still resonate in many. I will not go as far and say some of these people haven't played the game enough to understand this isn't uo. however many of those people i truly believe are manifesting some of the old uo fears that every time a pvp game content is added that it will turn like uo where the pvm/pve player was left out of and screwed.

I have stated before that i don't believe in the risk vs reward pvp environment because it generally becomes a feeding ground for pvp players and becomes so dominated that only those players can access that content. (as stated before remember champ spawns in uo). the bad thing is in reality you have to do something to draw non pvpers into it but how do you do that without giving an unfair advantage to pvpers? I for one personally believe they have done well in this regard. Neither side has a pure advantage yet neither side is truly happy that is what a compromise is.

I for one play in the middle ground as i do enjoy both sides of the pvp/pve world. I personally find the extremist on both sides to incredibly annoying to put it politically correct or ban proof i would say. (insert ban able thoughts here)

my daughters history teach told her earlier this year. "your rights end where another begins"
    this is so true here. A balance must be maintained i do not believe if this game goes to a point where one side completely dominates the other side of play this game will ever be successful. So i urge na i beg of thee to try to find ways to come to the middle.

break down as i see it so far...
    pvm/pve/crafting.....................................90 percent of the content or better of the game is your playground
    pvp ...........................................................currently you have 3 pvp areas and at least 1 pvp
    (playground?) ardious pvp center Also you may flag any time to be pvp to engage world wide with other flagged pvp players

yet extremist for pve were like its unfair that their is pvp zones that cant get to (well um yes u can ur choice to not enter)

good news for pvp full loot areas i will say this better have really great loot or you probably wont see me their.

to close for many of us this will be our home for many years to come... this game cannot survive or dominate the gaming world unless we can create and environment that's fun for 4 aspects of this game. Yes i said 4 sides to the game
    A) PVP
    B) PVE/PVM
    C) CRAFTERS
    D) ROLE PLAYERS

if we can truly design a game that all four can be happy in their is no game out their that will be able to trump us for several years to come

Roper DocHoliday
    Knight of Compassion

13. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I agree with most everything you said. The only thing I would be hesitant about is how you state that pvp only has 3 battlegrounds. That is true if you are un-flagged entering pvp, however, if you flag from the oracle, you can pvp in 100% of the game. Some of the guards might discourage this of course, but you can :p

Sebastion likes this.
  14. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

i agree with you rav. i failed to mention this as it was a stated game mechanic but ill go back and edit it in. done

15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Thats the people folsk talk about when they say "griefers". Not saying you ever did it at all, or that griefing isnt happening (cuz it is in the games current unfinished state, occasionally), but there are PvEers that refuse to avoid it when it becomes easily avoidable. For instance, i've seen folks in the past that just stand around, or activley approach or taunt PK's after having jsut been ressed. <---thats jsut an example. Again im totally not sayign you did anything im jsut showing the other side of that.

Some people get offended and use griefing to "get even" so naturally tis gonna happen, but will happen less if good sportsmanship is practiced.

Fromw hat i understand the Open PvP areas, in order to justify the risk of being there, will have better than average opportunities, such as a greater abundance of higher end resources than other areas. They definatleyw ill nto be wastelands, because PvPers exist. And even if pure PvEers boycott PvP zones, the PvPers will fight each other for control of an area that would yield them a gain like that. PvE'ers really, would never have to go there if they choose nto to, because the resources, or components they can craft wit them, will be sold on the market. And the conflict for control of the resources will ensure that the prices will be competitive. <--- at least this is the idea. Even if one guild becomes the strognest guild, smaller PvP gangs wills till be able to run in and do some harvesting, (and ninja harvesters) will provide market competition, and there is, of course, the PvEers harvesting the same resources in lesser quantity in other zones who will also be competeing on the market.

16. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

if you have a look at Current free ultima servers based ont he "old days", anyone who has ever been on those will see an OVER abundance of PKs who kill just to kill, tolerate no whining or dissatisfaction with it, and often make the argument "I don't care if your new and naked, if you didnt want to die, you shouldnt have left town with people around. Play smart." <----particularly, to me, this supports anti-social action in a game with social features.

Sebastion, this is me ^^ and the risk always makes the rewards so much more satisfying <3

Keira OFaolain and Sebastion like this.
  17. Teterios

Teterios Avatar

Can we have this everywhere? I believe this is normal gameplay :) I know it wont happen though

Can reagents be lootable as well if you kill them if they are both pvp flagged?
    Is this being implemented this next release?

18. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

what they have stated in the last hang out was
    if your in a pvp zone
    anything you brought into the zone is safe and non lootable.
    anything u harvested gained by any means till u pass though a gate a natural exit not zoning or log in log out will be lootable

the full loot as from what i gathered will be like a gate withen a pvp area with special warnings that you are entering full loot area and nothing will be safe their

Keira OFaolain and Tahru like this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

More and more complete information on their current plans is due from Chris tomorrow.

Xandra7 likes this.
  20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ok Rufus, what im saying is a lot Non PVP have no clue about PVP ways, we do roll play our characters our way, and no one will come into your RP and tell you that you cant #1 but they will be the first to tell us we dont RP! So basically what i was saying in my own unique way was If your not PVP you shouldn't throw accusations our way either! (besides you and I will always argue no matter what!) I would like to thank you for making the time pass at work for me though, if theres one thing i can be appreciative of its the die hard non pvp that help my boring nights go by at work! So thank you!

Also on a side note others are taking their own experiences and fighting us, because of them and their personal reasons that half the time make sense, but half the time not. The minute us PVP throw our own experiences in there the bell rings for another round!

But thats ok right? Since its PVE thats doing that?

Keira OFaolain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.