1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Full loot PVP and stuff

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

There is the cost to PvP, repair bills and consumables. If all anyone is doing is PvPing and there is no way to make profit. Then they must stop PvP to recover their losses. So there is a need for the extra resources.

Macro economic level: repair/consumables delete currency. Something must fabricate currency. Fabrication of base materials is easy to control. Fabricating currency for kills is not easy to control. Looting does not fabricate it trades hands. Someone still needs to go and fabricate.

Has this sheep vs wolves been specifically tied to the 5% zones? Or is it a generic statement for getting people to PvP.

I have seen this tied to the contraband quest. Lucrative quest rewards for smuggling but you are open to PvP. This is a controlled setup, the level of "tattling" on you for accepting the contraband is easily scaled.

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This is going to have to be address, for sure. Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of is tying the spawn rate into success in PvP. Such as blood moss only spawns from the corpse of a recently killed player.

4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Ya, I do believe Chris was talking about the shardfalls and the Increased rare resources in them when referring to the sheep/wolves scenario. Not sure what other scenario in the game would he be talking about? It is the only forced flag resource area in the game I think that offers rare resources. I am not 100% certain but I think I am right.

Ice Queen likes this.
  5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The jobs board is the direct opposite of baiting someone into these zones. So I can't see why they would do that if they wish to bait people in.

Contraband quest was used as an example by RG in an interview.
    Ultimacodex.com

4EverLost likes this.
  6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

the jobs board is an option, its not a solution however.

7. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Exactly, giving more options removes the bait though. The PvE options, the jobs board option, the vendor option all take away from incentive to lure the player into the PvP option.

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

but it puts resources directly in the hands of pvp, and to do that you have to rely on pvp then. I do not care for that at all.

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If the resource is exclusive to PvP zones, no, I do not care for that at all.

As long as the resource can be gathered without PvP then it's not a concern. The yield should reflect the effort required to gain access. The location alone should not reflect the yield.

10. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

Full loot pvp zones is great idea and they must be rewarding to attract people.
    Putting zone-exclusive bosses that drop unique items and rare resources will encourage people to abstain from dumb grinding and try PvP.

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

One man's "Dumb Grinding" is another man's entertainment. Why do you belittle what others find fun?

12. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

After spending several hours entertaining myself with grinding I usually start to feel a bit dumb. I've only described my personal experience and in no way I try to offend anyone around.

I know that PvE dominates in SotA and I have absolutely no issues with that. I only want to say that adding some hardcore elements would please some people such as me and may probably help some PvE people to find another entertaining side in the game.

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

That seems to be a view shared by Chris. The problem with that approach is that most people have limited time to put into the game. If they prefer PVE, then they have used that time to try harvesting in different areas (discovering where to get particular resources in the least time), and experimenting with different crafting recipes. They have not learned how to allocate points effectively for PVP, and have no experience in combat against PCs.

The amount of time spent on their combat deck was probably whatever was required to let them harvest without being killed by NPCs, with no more effort put into it than that. If those typical PVE players "try" PVP they are going to be slaughtered. Most of them are smart enough to know it. Those who aren't will quickly find out the hard way.

14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I have, do, and will fully support the inclusion of PvP in SotA.

15. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Wouldn't adding hardcore PvP be more appropriate? Wouldn't fighting some boss be part of that dumb and boring?

If there is to be unique items and rare resources I'd rather see some hardcore PvP than hardcore PvM.

16. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I think PvP is a very diverse subset in itself. It would be interesting to break down the types of PvP players we have. Hard core free for all full loot, PvP for Status rewards such as ranks or aesthetic PvP armor that shows status, or PvP just for the thrill of competition.

17. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

Fighting tight boss in full loot PvP zone to get unique item/resource and then fight other players or sneak undetected to keep that precious item would not be so boring.

18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I understand what you are saying. But if you break it down into it's parts.

It would be PvPing to have PvM rights to get loot rights.

What you are looking for is epic PvP, a reason to congregate and fight for something. The boss dropping unique loot is the reason why you are PvPing in that spot. Why stop epic PvP to PvM. Why not get awarded your loot and get back to epic PvP?

19. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

while i wait for SotA to update for the 3RD try... i will play forum warrior...

I am 100% against having an epic monster within pvp controlled areas. hands down without an doubt. I have no problem with minor resource gains and or to include higher rate of resource rare node's. Where some cry foul i am in full support to adding titles on both sides of the line to people who hunt pkers and pkers as long as a system was developed that killing a person not only lowered their status of worth killing so if a person went into a pvp area and was killed lets say 5 times for the sake of the argument here no longer would he be of any value to any pker when killing him. now if he killed someone then his value would be set at 4 when he was killed next to no points etc. i wont explain this further as either u get it or you don't. I don't mind adding pixel crack that can only be gotten their. this crack would have no combat value either in pvp or pve/pvm. a special table a poster horse poop whatever. also make these items account bound where once you got this item you no longer can get another one. i don't mind a tittle system that says i survived x amount of hours in the pvp zones. this must be alive time not dead time. all these items have one thing in common... none of them can enhance your avatar in any way they are in lack of better words decoration only.

Sorry i do like some risk to getting items. a lot of collectors don't mind either. sure the hard liners will cry that they cant get it anywhere else or cry that it forces them to pvp. baa humbug it does not its decoration. this isn't fell where the items you get are needed to survive this is bonus material. all this stuff is stuff that says you have been into pvp area's and survived. this isn't trickery its added content you can chose to join the hunt for it or not. I am personally sick and tired of the attitude both camps have. Bottom line for some pvp is fun. for some out smarting pvp is fun. for some they love an added challenge. just cause u don't like pvm, pvp, crafting, story line or rp dose not mean some one else doesn't.

My goal in this game, thread, and everything i do related to sota is to get more content. I personally dont care in what area it is in pvp, pve/pvm, crafting, story line, or rp. the more we have the better we stand to putting a hurt on other games and dominating the market. if we dominate the market we can not only say i told you so but more players in game means alot of things. more things come online, more staff, larger community etc.

Instead of crying foul at every idea any of the 5 sides have, lets go hey lets work on making that a reality ohh and if we do that we can add this and that would include this party and so forth. every time we get into these entrenched war fare guess what happens. that's right nothing. why do you ask simple. when we cant agree on an idea then no matter what decision port makes some one will get mad and be upset. they bend over backwards to give us the greatest game they can develop. So in turn if we continue these entrenched battles and stale mate every idea. we lose why cause content wont be added.

Think about this for a second. we can come together and say ill support this idea as a group and you support this idea as a group we can start promoting new content. believe me when i say this. its a whole lot easier to get something done and added when their is limited apposition to the idea. why cause people don't like offending people in games u offend a player base guess what they move on.

All this was... was just food for thought.

Tahru, 4EverLost and Sebastion like this.
  20. Sebastion

Sebastion Avatar

I agree. I think we are in the same camp Roper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.