1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Galactic Inquiry: Starr Long Interview

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

One of our oldest and dearest colleagues, Michael Morlan, has a weekly fan content variety show about Star Citizen called Galactic Inquiry. Michael Morlan created the introductory cinematic for Ultima Online so he's definitely "one of us".

He will be airing an interview he did with me about virtual world economy on Friday at 4 PM UTC (11 AM Central US) live on twitch.

Or you can watch the show, on demand, after the twitch stream on the Galactic Inquiry Patreon page.

They will feature an edited version of the interview on the show then release the full interview about a week later. Watch the Patreon page for that announcement.

If you enjoy the show consider supporting it via Patreon. Patreon is an awesome new crowdfunding tool that lets fans support artists creating episodic content. In fact many of you who do such things for our community should consider using this amazing tool to help support your efforts.

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Pretty cool funding concept they have. With lots of people curious about the in-game economy it should be a hit! If only those puppets were muppets...

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

"virtual world economy"

Here's hoping it's not an hour about gold sinks, and the magic of developer manual intervention. :)

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Sounds good. Anybody notice the forums are a bit slow this week? I think the devs are busy and quite focused on making R9. This is good. It's also good that there's no radical threads going out of control either. So this has been a good week so far. (oh I don't believe in jinxes, so if something happens it wasn't my fault. it was because you believed in jinxes... maybe)

5. stile

stile Avatar

Thanks Starr! I actually checked out Patreon and set up an account. With the Caverns running about 700.00 a year at this point (and the potential to go up in the future), its a great idea! I'm funded for my hosting costs for the next year thanks to awesome donations from the community - but this may be a good thing to go with for the future or even the ability to improve things aren't a must, but would be good to do, but that I cant afford to do (CDN comes to mind, for the podcasting site).. Its very basic at the moment but figure I can improve it as time goes on:
    http://www.patreon.com/Caverns

6. selbie

selbie Avatar

Time Lord, mbomber and Arianna like this.
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Yes things are.... very quiet.

Time Lord and Arianna like this.
  8. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

I always enjoyed the Wingman's Hangar episodes. He wasn't always on camera, but he was pretty funny. I didn't know about this other show.

Time Lord, mbomber and Arianna like this.
  9. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

What's this? No more Live interviews that could be ended with TEK killing you? Booooo! :)

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Thanks for the tip :)

I went ahead and did one, shared it with a few people, and one of them already supported, totally cool!
    http://www.patreon.com/violation

11. Womby

Womby Avatar

I just watched the interview. It was really interesting, and will no doubt get Star Citizen fans wondering how their economy is going to work.
    I'm looking forward to the full version.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

Your interview was great !!! I decided to back this game because of your interview on Galactic Inquiry, i hope there will be more folks from this game on the show and continued cooperation between SC and Shroud of the Avatar.

13. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Jynx, Gaelis, Papa Woody and 13 others like this.
  14. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Great interview DarkStarr. The challenge is certainly going to be around balancing the economy - get that wrong and it could ruin the game, but get it right and it's really going to make this a hit.

Measures to control bots/macros are going to be super important.

Jynx, mbomber, RDouglas and 1 other person like this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"These are the Things I Love to Listen To!"
    Thank you so much ~DS~ for bring this to our community's attention. "like minds do think alike" and the creative content within all the comments given within that, truly provide an insight that few of us could imagine because they come from the most creative minds of the gaming industry.

"Again, Thanks So Much Darkstarr!"
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

16. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

The part from 17:09 to 19:00 should be a required viewing/listening before anyone starts to design a game. Great interview, very informative, thank you sir.

17. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Excellent interview. Hitting all the right notes with economy design. The part about unexpected / emergent behavior is particularly interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.