Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game will not load

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by majoria70, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Player Bug Report Template
    1. Title: Game will not load goes to grey screen
    2. Reproduction Rate: always today 3/5/16, yesterday it was fine 3/4/16
    3. Blocker? game won't load
    4. Details: Trying to play the game it won't load. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the game then I found my avast virus protection was now blocking it and wasn't before so I unblocked it. Then the game started to load, even told me I had a sale at my vendor and was at 0 load and then crashed saying oops the game crashed and the folder with date. It said it would be great to tell a developer. So I said ok to it. So it keeps happening and I cannot get into the game. I rarely have log in issues even in the past. I now have Windows 10 but I've had it for a while now with not much problems outside of a crash here and there.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:reinstalled game and still not loading for me.
    6. User Specs:
      Alienware X51
      windows 7 professional - recent free upgrade to windows 10 a few weeks ago
      Intel Core I3-3220 cpu
      @3.30 GHz 3.30 GHz
      8.00 GB (7.90 GB usable)
      64-bit Operating System
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645
      User Specs: Alienware X51
    7. Date and time 3/5/16 7:18 pm AZ time 8:18 NBT

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also to note it dies at Loading Wizards Rest map and it is at -0- when it dies and I'm kicked out receiving the note that a crash report will be sent after I hit ok, which I do every time.

Also I tried loading the game in single player online, and friends online and it does the same thing and will not load.

3. xantzu

xantzu Avatar

Player Bug Report Template

1.Title: I cannot log into the game

2.Reproduction Rate: always as of 3/3/16 to present

3.Blocker: game won't load

4.Details: I cannot log into the game, which for me began on Thursday, March 3. I have both versions of the game, the Steam and SotA installed in different drives. Presently, my Steam version will not launch regardless of whether one does “verify integrity of game cache”. The present gameversion.txt shows it is build 392. When I try to start the game via Steam I receive the error of “Failed to start game (unknown error). I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Steam version several times and followed the instructions on the Steam support page, still nothing.

By way of comparison, once the SotA Launcher “Launch Game” button is pressed, it checks for downloads, game version then moves to “About to start game…” and that is where it remains. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the games multiple times but the result is always the same. I am more than willing to provide the output log if it will be help.

5.Steps to Reproduce: reinstalled game and still not loading for me.

6.User Specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9650 @3.30 GHz 3.30 GHz

Installed memory 8.00 GB

System Type 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

7.Date and time 3/6/16 01:10 PM Central

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@thedevs @ darkstarr . So after trying everything I possibly could like reinstalling game, trying all the game modes, I finally got the game to load today 3/6/16 at 1:50 pm Arizona time and 2:50 NBT. I clicked on start on world map verses going into the POT Wizards Rest. So going into the town where I have my home is not possible at login for me, well wasn't I will try again later to see if it is fixed but for now, I want to play a little. ;)

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

@thedevs @DarkStarr. Oh so sad since it let me into the game finally I decided to avoid Wizards Rest and play for a while so I went to Deep Ravenswood from the map since it let me load to world map to come in the game, but then going into Deep Ravenswood kicked me out of the game with the same error as above. So no playing today. I will try reloading again though just in case. Ok so the game did load again for me but did not remember that I had clicked on enter Deep Ravenswood and started me on the world map again. So I clicked on Deep Ravenswood and it even did the countdown to entering the scene but kicked me out of the game instead of entering the scene and I got the oops the game has crashed error and the report folder info.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

:( Hope you get back in soon

majoria70 likes this.
  7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Sorry this is happening. We will investigate

8. Mekong

Mekong Avatar

I have this issue. I have to exit steam and reopen it as administrator and the update restarts. This happens even though I have the security settings to launch steam as admin every time.

majoria70 likes this.
  9. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

I've had that once after the patch to the current release and so far - crosses fingers - not again... I assumed it was a conflict between changes on the server and something in my character's server profile in regard to the specific location (Port Phoenix)...

majoria70 likes this.
  10. xantzu

xantzu Avatar

Finally I'm in... I have no idea what fixed it. Now I'm afraid to log out or ctd.

Bodhbh Dearg likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I changed my settings to run as admin and I still cannot play already. New patch #391 will not apply. it says see log file. @DarkStarr @thedevs

I did a force launch and it still crashed entering a scene with a crash log submitted.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

ok @DarkStarr and @Devs during trying to patch to patch #393 I tried a few times and eventually it let me patch to 392 and I was able to get into Wizards Rest. I haven't tried more scenes yet and it did not patch to 393 which is the most current patch, so some patching issues still but one step at a time. ;)

Bow Vale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.