get this site to stop sending me e-mails

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Xi_, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i made the unfortunate desission to receive e-mails from the forums here and now am unable to stop receiving them, it tells me my password is incorrect, even if i change it, it still says its incorrect, this has dragged on to the point where i now feel i need a new e-mail address simply because portalarium doesnt seem interested in fixing this crap, i submitted a ticket ages a go and got no where

2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I'm not sure you are in the right forums for this.....Your in, Early Access testing/Release 35/ Release 35 Bug Forum / offline mode.
    Maybe be better in a more general bug / support forum

Xi_ likes this.
  3. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

i just want this fixed i dont really care if it inconviniences tham any more because of the inconvenience they are causing me.

4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

What I'm saying is i don't think it will be seen easily...

Xi_ likes this.
  5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

submitting tickets didnt even help,

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hi Xi_,

We have removed you from the newsletter and forum notifications. You should no longer receives any emails, though it's possible some notifications 'may' come through with individual forum threads. Please let me know if that still occurs.

Acred, majoria70, Xi_ and 2 others like this.
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Tickets can sometimes take a couple of weeks to be addressed depending on the release schedule.

There are some legacy issues from when they pushed certain things in the forum contact details page to operate from the account page instead and there can be a disconnect between the forum and the main account page.

Possible fixes for you in the short term before support responds to you.

1) The Contact Details Page is the one you have probably been using. For most people, it does not work to update - myself included. Ideally they fix this but let's ignore that one for now.

2) The Privacy Page includes a checkbox for "Receive Site Mailings" uncheck this box, and go to the bottom to save changes. This should not give you a wrong password and hopefully works.

3) There are unsubscribe links in the newsletters received as well, you can click those unsubscribe links, or here is a link for you to directly enter your email address to unsubscribe.

4) If the emails you are getting are just the Newsletter, the above two steps should fix it. If you are getting emails because you are "watching a forum" you can disable all of those watched forums from emailing you by clicking here.

5) I will also enter your bug in a tracking form as I watch this forum for posts - so a developer will absolutely see your post.

Thanks for your report!
    Andernut.

Edit - @Berek beat me.

8. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

thank you all, and sorry for letting my frustration get the better of me.

Acred, Bow Vale and Lord Andernut like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.