Gold seller spamming overworld map zone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kara Brae, Aug 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Having COTOs available for sale directly in the game would severely hinder external mass gold selling.

NPCs wouldn't have to buy them, there should be a server wide market where someone can put up a buy or sell order.

People visit gold sellers because they want instant gratification. The current state of the COTO market encourages someone to go to these sellers. Make COTOs easy and fast to sell the market will adjust based upon supply and demand. Portalarium benefits because more people will buy COTO. We the gamers benefit as buyers getting instant gold and sellers getting a fair price for our COTO.

2. Leeford

Leeford Avatar

I fully support your overall point that if one needs gold they should buy crowns and use them to obtain gold, as it supports the game. But I believe you are incorrect with your assertion they can't undercut the crown market. It takes an hour to farm 3-7k gold. That equates to $3-$7 an hour. Someone in an I,love risked country will certainly undercut the crown market for that kinda cash

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I agree, Greyfox. But I really like the way they have it set up now because it allows players to be part of the process and I think that's healthy for the economy.

If it was simply direct gold sales, then COTO's wouldn't even be needed because Portalarium would just be cutting out the middle process which has an economic value.

For example, I just put a work order in Owl's Head for 12 COTO's at 10k. That's under the current street price, but it gives the player IMMEDIATE gold. I don't think it will take long for that to sell. :)

But that's the point, I'm LITERALLY competing with gold farmers. Now they don't only have a CAP (the add-on store price) but they have to worry about guys like me undercutting them. They can't win.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Elwyn likes this.
  4. Drocis the Devious

Good point and I agree.

But the current tax rate per month is going to be 3500 gold for a row lot. Which is why COTO's are probably going to sky rocket in value in the next month.

That makes for more hours that the gold farmers need to keep up, and Portalarium doesn't have to do anything but keep their website working. If the gold farmers ever do keep up, SURPRISE! COTO SALE! Everything is half off! :)

Portalarium is in control and the gold farmers are at their mercy. This is quite the change from other MMO's where the company doesn't care and can't control it because their business model is subscription based.

Leelu and Leeford like this.
  5. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

So if they spam the forums like the section below it would be alright?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/house-lot-listings.319/

Are you sure its not people in the community, who have spent a lot more than 45 per account to do gold farming?

Also, as other people and I have pointed out, just play FOM or SPO mode and you can farm away all the gold you want. Why wouldn't gold farmers do the same?

You can never stop people from wanting to make money, you can only make it harder for them to do it. Hoping that they will find it to difficult to put the time into it, but the way this game is going its just too easy for them to pass up.

Mykll likes this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Leelu likes this.
  7. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Hmmm...dont get prissy guys, while I can understand you.

The simple solution is not to buy it. Where there is demand, you will always find supply...make sure there is no demand by not buying it and everyone is happy.

Mykll likes this.
  8. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Gold sellers like "buy my gold dot com" are actually expressly forbidden from the forums, and in-game for that matter.

9. Drocis the Devious

Thanks, I had no idea.

Leelu likes this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I'm surprised to see gold farmers here, with the add-on store and sellability of COTO and other commodities in game, as well as the forum marketplace for transactions in the other direction, I can't really understand why people wouldn't just use those avenues rather than go to some untrustworthy 3rd party site. If I'm struggling for in-game cash, I already have a RL-to-in-game cash option that both supports the game and is completely legit.

We don't need you farmers, go away.

Katrina Bekers and Baalice like this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Gold farmers are often exploited employees working in terrible conditions. Their employers are pretty evil.

No one should ever buy from them. When people stop buying from them, their business will go away.

Elwyn, Katrina Bekers, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  12. Berek

We have a zero tolerance policy for gold farmers. Please report all such occurrences to support@portalarium.com. Thank you!

13. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

Agreed.

agra likes this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Yea! Thank you!! So glad to hear it won't be passive acceptance.

Leelu, enderandrew and Mykll like this.
  15. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

To me? No difference. However, the powers that be have deemed otherwise so...

ridicOne, Camouflage, Leelu and 2 others like this.
  16. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Mail sent with my chatlog.

Leelu and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The overland map near a landmark is one of the best places to meet people if you want to group up for adventuring.

Saosis and Tahru like this.
  18. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Could you define what qualifies someone as a gold farmer? I assume it has more to do with the in-game spamming and 3rd party sales outside of the approved marketplace and less to do with what is actually being sold, but I don't really know.

19. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Worms meet can. ;)

Good question, although I suspect its obvious in most cases. But there is a grey, so good question.

Leelu and Lazlo like this.
  20. Berek

3W WTB GOLD? VISIT GETMYGOLD.COM 50% OFF FOR NEW REGISTRATIONS, CHEAPEST GOLD IN MMORPGS! GETMYGOLD.COM

That is an obvious example :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.