Golden Weapons, Armor, Houses Only For Seedinvest Bundles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TEK1, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Well, that's like, your opinion, man.

Nikko, 3devious and Time Lord like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I frankly dont get people who are angry that people pledge a lot to this game. Its what has kept it in development for them to play. People so angry that they throw out completely unfounded accusations that people who have pledged a lot get some kind of secret special treatment. What I do with my hard earned money is really none of their business. I pledged what I can afford, I may be able to afford more then someone else and Im damn sure others have pledged more then me and Im not angry at them.

3. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I can certainly understand folks who are upset with the direction of the game and who are angry with the devs, fair enough. But I don't understand why that hatred automatically spills over to players who pledged a lot of money to support the game. I feel I have at least the same right to be angry as people who pledged less or bailed from the game.

4. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

You do have the right. Go right ahead. Happens all the time.

Numa likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

What's your opinion on how that went @Rufus D`Asperdi o_O? The game has to stand on it's own... but do you think that investment campaign did them, or their prior or earlier investors well?

The need of a US Bank Account o_O?
    I understand from Lord British's thread that some have pointed out that unless (in our case) a wishful investor has a US. Bank Account, that they cannot enter into it. This is something I've been investigating as I read through that thread...
    (My International Banking Opinion *not a professional banker*; There are ways to get a US Bank Account for those outside the USA in order to participate, yet there are some forms you need filling out to obtain an "International Identity". The best way to find out what's needed is to ask your own bank, and if they can't, then open an account where you are living, with a bank which has one of their own branches stationed in the USA. All the regulations necessary to gain a bank account in the USA are to protect against money laundering and therefore apply and should be followed, which is what establishing an international identity is all about and why those banking forms applicable need to be filled out. "It's not as complicated as it may seem to be done" :) )
    ~TL~o_O

6. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

my guess is, they want the game to fail as soon as possible and, so, they are re-directing their anger towards those people who are continuously spending money to keep the game alive, because in their minds, without the money from these loyal supporters, SotA would have died many months ago... again just a guess... not trying to anger anyone... (edited for clarification)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  7. Sebastion2

Sebastion2 Avatar

I don't think referring to them as animals is hardly necessary.

Kaisa, Scraps MacMutt and Mykll like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG] :D

9. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I'm posting another apology for my comment since apparently my previous apology was deleted without my knowledge. I have deleted the possibly offensive post as well, although your quoted version still remains.

10. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

You're OK with me @Scraps MacMutt ;) I'll save your apology :D I've apologized many times here in our forums and I think it's a note worthy thing to do! :) I thought it was a quote from movie "Home Alone" :p

As far as the Perks, it will be interesting when we find out if they are;
    • sellable
    • tradable
    • account specific
    • are a light source
    • ever need any repairs
    • if destroyed give a pattern

Not much is known of them other than what's on the site ;)

:oops: https://www.seedinvest.com/portalarium/series.b :)
    [​IMG]
    :rolleyes: But I hope we will find out once they want me to pay them and accept my money :D~Time Lord~

11. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Thanks @Time Lord! I agree. I feel it's important for me to accept when I'm wrong and apologize for my mistakes. It's not always easy to do though! ;)

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
  12. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I talked to a friend of mine about playing Shroud. He bought the game thru Steam and was going to buy a tax free lot and intended to place it in my town. He decided to look on the forums for a deal on a lot and said if he could not find one,he would buy a package off the add-on store.
    I told him if he needed any help or advice to let me know. He called a day later and said "Ummm,I think I am going to wait to see how things shake out." Well it's his money so I was not going to say anything. Then he came back with "The amount of arguing on the forums about the company and money and if it will go under,I am really a little nervous about spending right now."
    With all the are kick starters getting this and investors getting that,will this or that happen,I guess no one has considered what affect this may have on new folks that have no clue about what goes on or the back story to anything. It almost makes me wonder if some folks want to scream the loudest to affect the games future,or no future.
    I hope this doesn't offend anyone and is not directed at any one person or persons. I just think that people taking part in discussions should realize the results that may occur to the new players may sour them to the game before the game has a chance. :(

13. Praxx

Praxx Avatar

Is there a place to see the gold armor, weapons etc?

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Autumn Willow

Autumn Willow Avatar

@Frederick Glasgow

The question is do you think your friend should be aware of all the forum is discussing before making the purchase. Are the concerns warranted?

Do you think if his/her experience with the game was very positive your friend would m be worried by the forums?

Anyway, just let him/her play more and make his or her own decisions. If the game is good you shouldn't need to purchase a bundle to enjoy it.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  15. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

And that's certainly his prerogative. It's his money to decide. Still, if he's that nervous, it's a good thing he didnt join us with the kickstarter 4 years ago

All kickstarter projects are speculative. All have the potential to fail. Even the really high dollar projects. I've tossed in some cash in several. Recently Ashes of Creation (which received over $3.2 Million from about 19,000 or so backers.) It's possible I could end up loosing everything I put into backing that project, this project, another project. You get the idea :)

If people want to wait then just wait. And if SOTA is successful, well, people can always rent a room from one of my hotels I'll be setting up soon ;-)

Sean Silverfoot and Time Lord like this.
  16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Based on the similar reliquary question and answer, unless it explicitly says it is exclusive, there's a chance it will be offered later.

Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The Seed Invest perks are, in my opinion, more akin to Pledge Rewards, and I would expect the same expectation of exclusivity to apply to those items.

Time Lord and Sentinel2 like this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

No argument on the assumption, but the same assumption was made about the blood River stuff and Starr said that after they all sell, some items will become accessible.

19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

This is what clockwork armor looks like "but no one has seen it in gold that I know of".
    :oops: This is clockwork armor from the Add-On Store and "NOT" the perk gold color mentioned on the site ;)~Time Lord~

[​IMG]
    https://www.seedinvest.com/portalarium/series.b
    PS) Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar @Praxx !

Solazur likes this.
  20. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I remember seeing a glimpse of it and the cloak when they where showing off new armor models during the telethon. They were in the background.

*EDIT - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/148502966 @ 08:52:09

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Lesni, Verit, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.