Golden Weapons, Armor, Houses Only For Seedinvest Bundles?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TEK1, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

In all fairness, those who invest in a project should have a tad more input into the development than those with no skin in the game.

jus sayin

2. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That is probably one of the worst way to make a game, however.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Your proposal would be what?

I always .. idk.. marvel at those who can only find fault w/o a suggestion as to how to make something better. In any case.. it's a crowd-funded game for better or worse. But I stand by the statement I posted.

You ofc have your opinion. As it's said. opinions are kinda like the anus... everybody has one

4. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

aye, technically you are right since they actually would be partial owners of the company. But they only have a percentage say that matches their ownership and no more. However, I dont think this translate into how the game itself is designed.

Solazur likes this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

you think so? If you had the opportunity to invest in WOW half a year before it was rolled out, would you have considered it? Microsoft? Apple?

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

They can do that through the Add-On Store. Why limit it to SeedInvest, unless they add new tiers?

The Golden Castle Walls, which I'm assuming are like the other Castle Wall sets, is the only one that baffles me by being exclusive. Either they get a lot more wall pieces in that set than the others in the Add-On Store, or they are expecting a secondary market that just isnt likely to exist. Perhaps instead of a single set, they should also provide investors an non-tradeable recipe to craft more golden walls by using a White Castle Wall piece and a few gold ingots.

Astor Cerberus and Tahru like this.
  7. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

That wasn't my contention, my point is that those that spend more having more pull on the game's design is a bad idea. Having more disposable income doesn't make you a better designer and people being generally self interested will push for their own benefit over the betterment of the game for all.

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I completely agree with this. And in the past years I have read my share of dev+ and other whiners (perhaps myself included) that raised a metric ton of noise over things and Port went the opposite direction. I used to fight a lot on this forum because I cared against others that were fighting because they cared and in the end Port almost always made decision to favor the general gaming experience over the whiners. In fact the only time I saw the developers do something totally counter to what they really believed in was teleport scrolls.

9. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Don't forget the grind, that was the brain child of Dev+ circa r15 or so.

Tahru likes this.
  10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

AMEN! idk. seems like some people are just pissy that THEIR vision isn't the one they see implemented and by gawd.. if I can't play.. nobody can. Oi Veh... so 1st grade

11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Although, I am not religious by any stretch of the word, I praise god if there is one that Port never listened to my rants. Can you imagine a how freaking unappetizing a world would be if nothing was there to upset you, scare you or make you work harder.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

or maybe a Gold Epic Plate Armor Set in the Add-One Store... not sure if there is already one in-game... looks kinda awesome... :D

[​IMG]

@DarkStarr @Chris @Lord British

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I wish they also had something for us who are using cloth or leather armour.

14. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Minecraft

15. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I missed an opportunity to invest in apple when they were about $5 a share. Now they are over $150!! I thought they were going out of business based upon similar reactions from people. And here we are. $155 today.

I'm not suggesting this is another Apple story. However speculation on a company's problems certainly doesn't translate well :D

Time Lord and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  16. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@Burzmali
    Ok.. I just happened on this thread by accident but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say something here. I have to wonder after reading your numerous posts what your agenda is. now I am no longer licensed as a broker but if I was, I'd recommend that you not invest.. simple as that. Now as a community member I might make another recommendation... go for a walk... get some air... I mean geez

Onyx, Sean Silverfoot and Lesni like this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I was actually in a state wide stock market competition in high school my jr year. We dropped our fake $200,000 into a little company named Microsoft and by the end of the quarter it was worth almost $500,000. Wish that was real money.

18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

If I invested in either Google or Sandisk when I knew they would be sliced bread, I could have bought port just for fun. I was one of the first customer engineers Sandisk talked to. We needed an embedded flash drive and were looking at 25k in pcmcia fees when Sandisk presented flash with a free IDE interface. It was revolutionary and eventually their idea made thumb drives and SD drives the standard thing.

Time Lord, Solazur and 2112Starman like this.
  19. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Thanks.
    I could have bought MSFT but... Really? a bunch of hackers and hippies want my $$.
    No Way!!!​

[​IMG]

20. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Golden castles are going to look sooooo ugly if any of them end up in game. I guess money doesn't buy taste though. =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.