Greetings! New Player here!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by BogusMeatFactory, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BogusMeatFactory

BogusMeatFactory Avatar

Hello everyone! I just started playing SotA after following it's progress and deciding to take the plunge! I am absolutely loving it as I progress through the overall storyline.

A little bit about myself. I've been a game for over 30 years, cutting my console teeth on the Atari 2600 and starting my computer gaming exploits on the Apple IIGS. Video games have always been a hobby that I treasure, with an extra special relationship with games that offer great world building and emotional storytelling.

I was a big fan of Ultima starting with Ultima 7. I always loved the idea of Ultima Online, but I was still too young for my parents to commit to a monthly fee. Instead, my older brothers had everquest accounts that they let me dabble in (and many many many other mmos).

I am a very accepting person when it comes to people's preferences. I love all games even if I personally am not good at them. I also love helping folks and making them feel comfortable with socializing. I am and always will be a social gamer. It started with playing with my older brothers and evolved into hosting lan parties for diablo 2, counterstrike and much much more. There is something about being a part of and enriching a community that is thrilling.

I still love the oldschool sandbox style MMO and that is one of the reasons why I gravitated to SotA. This old school mentality with more modern design definitely is a positive. I personally love interacting with the npcs. Lots of good writing and interesting lore. I literally have spent more than half my time talking to npcs, learning new emotes and feeling the, "Gotta catch em all," mentality of learning everyone's names.

I am also a firm believer of inefficiency, learning the mechanics and developing a play style that seems fun for you. I love exploring and letting adventure take me wherever.

I also love to roleplay... a lot. I am not a dramatic person. Instead I love the slice of life... just existing in the world. For me roleplaying is all about creating experiences for others. I never like being, "the main character." Instead, I love propping other people up and helping them develop as storytellers. Once I get comfortable with the game mechanics I really hope to find a good roleplaying community and start contributing. Right now, I am just trying to survive and learn pieces of lore as I can.

Anyways... I am ranting! Hi everyone! If you ever want to chat, my character is Avalice Nelevin. I can not wait to get to know all of you!

Jason_M, majoria70, Ravenscar and 4 others like this.
  2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Welcome to SotA!

If you have questions or just want to RP a little, feel free to send me a whisper.

You'll find that this community is extremely helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out.

BogusMeatFactory likes this.
  3. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Welcome to Shroud. :)
    Have a look for Community Events, good to meet others and its a lot of fun.

4. Eric White

Eric White Avatar

Welcome Bogus/Avalice. Definitely love your "enjoy the moment/stop and smell the roses" attitude. Although I'll research and dabble slightly in "efficiency"... I fall off so often simply because it's just fun to explore and take in all the sights and the lore and the stories.

I've been here maybe 5 weeks. Friend me in game (Simon LeBon) and maybe we can explore together sometime.

Gaelis and BogusMeatFactory like this.
  5. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

6. Grimace2

Grimace2 Avatar

From your post it seems you'll find much to enjoy in Shroud of the Avatar.

Some Avatars have been playing since release 1 on December 12, 2013. I started playing in early 2014.

There are many Avatars who act as Hospitallers (offering help to players). Seek them out.

7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @BogusMeatFactory . Oh no worries you are not ranting ummm that is not ranting. This is ranting %^&*@$#. ;) I am Majoria in game if I can ever assist you.

9. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi BogusMeatFactory

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game
    I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia
    and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media

and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure.

in the ingame chat box you can send me a friend request by typing /friend skeggy media I accept all friends requests.

10. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Welcome Avalice! You sound exactly like the sort of person who's going to love exploring this world!

If you happen by the Blood River area, I live and adventure thereabouts. Send a message to Jason Moryn :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.