Guilds - any further details yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karrolanth, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

[​IMG]

2. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Yes, they do... that really was the guild name, and the character name was spelled like that or something very similar. My character wasn't fair enough to pass for Aryan, though, so I don't know why he invited me... ;)

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Aryans are from the borderlands of Persia and India, and Japanese are honorary Aryan, so as far as skintone goes...

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

If I thought that the devs listen I would put some effort into things like @Bowen Bloodgood does, but since the signal to noise ratio in these forums are so low there is an extremely low probability of them looking into anything like that.
    Now if there was an organization in place where the devs say that they are going to look into concept X and are looking for input- then assign a trusted forum presence to lead the dialog, have some polls etc and summarize the input in a 'report' and then give a short feedback on what they thought about the report for future 'reports'. Then it. would be Worth some effort.

But since we don't have anything like that there is little incentive to make a real effort, hence why people like me just throw out random thoughts here and there without any cohesive effort.

Jatvardur likes this.
  5. Holt

Holt Avatar

This question resonates with my core philosophy as a 'Guild Leader' of Poets' Circle from the very beginning. I decided that the Bards of Poets' Circle would be a loose association of Guild members, ambassadors, patrons and supporters. It didn't make sense to me to do it another way. In fact, I believe the Guild is more powerful because of its flexibility, leniency and lack of regimentation. I'm not running an army, after all. They're bards: musicians, writers, poets, artists -- in other words, generally very individualistic people!

So there's a lot of self-appointing, initiative taking, delegating and such. We're basically a meritocracy, in that there is no punishment for lack of participation, and we throw whatever support we can behind people when they're being creative and trying to get their projects going. Stile Teckel, Lord Baldrith, Amber Raine and others have their place on our Roster, and are some times more in cahoots with us than other times, but we'd move mountains for any of our members because they are friends and collaborators.

I agree with Vyrin that the oldschool methods of coding for Guilds simply aren't up to date the with more modern social networking paradigm. We need a more elegant solution.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  6. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Heh... that's what I get for mentioning it without researching first, huh? :) I've always considered it to apply to the 'Nordic type' that was so famously promoted as the ideal. My apologies!

On with the discussion! :)

Now, that would surely be a useful thing. Saves them having to spend time trawling through everything, and gives them a summary of the overall feelings of whatever proportion of forum-goers responds to the topic.

Far too sensible... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.