Gustball: How to make a basic Gustball deck

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Bambino, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Part: I
    So, you want to play Gustball?

Here is what it takes to play Gustball. I will explain what it takes to make a basic Gustball deck in two relatively straight forward steps. If you are well versed in deck building, then I would stick to building a custom deck that will give you an edge. Within the confines of the rules of course.

Step 1: Buy the Gust spell. If you don’t already have Gust, which you most likely do, skip to step 2.

Find your local Adventurer Skill Trainer.
    [​IMG]

Buy Gust. It is the initial skill in the Air tree. The cost is 100gp.
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Create a Gustball Deck.

Open the Combat Decks panel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click on New Deck.
    [​IMG]

You should now have a Deck window open.
    [​IMG]

From the left panel, drag Gust in to the corresponding slot you wish for it to lock to.
    [​IMG]

Go ahead and name your deck so that you can come back to it.
    [​IMG]

Click, Done.
    [​IMG]

Make sure you Equip the deck.
    [​IMG]

Now you are ready for Gustball!

Part: II
    From the left-panel, drag Gust in to the right-panel (Not the bottom).
    In this case, I have four glyphs due to the level of my Gust spell and by not having a specialization in Air. One is locked and three will appear in any of the other slots. There will also be 19 slugs that cycle along with these three Gust.​

[​IMG]
    From the left-panel, drag your Mind Wipe glyphs in to the right-panel (Not the bottom).
    In this case, I have four glyphs due to the level of my Mind Wipe skill and by not having a specialization in Focus. Four will appear in any of the free slots, but there will also be 15 slugs that cycle and, of course, three Gust.​

[​IMG]
    Mastering the basic use of Mind Wipe to spam a particular skill can prove to be useful; especially in Gustball where more Gust glyphs seem to be more useful than distance. At this point, I’d say that this is a solid starting point for any Gustball deck; even with all the slugs. Gust and Mind Wipe are the most useful skills in Gustball. In fact, playing Gustball is the perfect way to become masterful in using a combat deck with a lot of rotating slots.

Here is a Gustball deck that you may see a player using.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Dash/Sprint for speed. Tap Soul/Healing to keep up on Focus. And, of course, Gust and Mind Wipe. However, these are not all the skills that may be used. There is a full list of skills here on the Gustball: World Tour thread and on SotAGustball.com.

Now you are working your way up to the big leagues!

For more information, check out the latest Gustball: World Tour thread or SotAGustball.com. Or, feel free to message me on the forums or in-game at Bambino LudoVate.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Bambino might as well mention the gustball game going on today, at 2pm Central, is that right? And where?

Berek and Bambino like this.
  3. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

1:30PM NBT in PaxLair!

Berek likes this.
  4. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Dont forget to check out www.SotAGustball.com for league info and more tips and tricks!

@Bambino and I are going to be working on the next Gustball league coming your way THIS SUMMER!

Browncoat Jayson and Bambino like this.
  5. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Updated OP
    Part: II - How to make a basic Gustball deck.
    This portion will dig further into creating a more competitive Gustball deck.

6. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Awesome post!! Got my LIKE :). I have always been curious about this Gustball thing. Sounds like a ton of fun!

Bambino likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.