1. Before posting any MODs, please contact us at support@portalarium.com to ensure your MOD is acceptable to the Terms of Service and EULA of the game. Portalarium is not responsible for use of MODs and possible adverse effects on your client or computer, and we may take action on accounts using MODs that are deemed illegal. Whether submitted here or elsewhere in the community, use MODs at your own risk!
    Dismiss Notice

Gustball: How to make a basic Gustball deck

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Bambino, May 11, 2018.

1. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Part: I
    So, you want to play Gustball?

Here is what it takes to play Gustball. I will explain what it takes to make a basic Gustball deck in two relatively straight forward steps. If you are well versed in deck building, then I would stick to building a custom deck that will give you an edge. Within the confines of the rules of course.

Step 1: Buy the Gust spell. If you don’t already have Gust, which you most likely do, skip to step 2.

Find your local Adventurer Skill Trainer.
    [​IMG]

Buy Gust. It is the initial skill in the Air tree. The cost is 100gp.
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Create a Gustball Deck.

Open the Combat Decks panel.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Click on New Deck.
    [​IMG]

You should now have a Deck window open.
    [​IMG]

From the left panel, drag Gust in to the corresponding slot you wish for it to lock to.
    [​IMG]

Go ahead and name your deck so that you can come back to it.
    [​IMG]

Click, Done.
    [​IMG]

Make sure you Equip the deck.
    [​IMG]

Now you are ready for Gustball!

Part: II
    From the left-panel, drag Gust in to the right-panel (Not the bottom).
    In this case, I have four glyphs due to the level of my Gust spell and by not having a specialization in Air. One is locked and three will appear in any of the other slots. There will also be 19 slugs that cycle along with these three Gust.​

[​IMG]
    From the left-panel, drag your Mind Wipe glyphs in to the right-panel (Not the bottom).
    In this case, I have four glyphs due to the level of my Mind Wipe skill and by not having a specialization in Focus. Four will appear in any of the free slots, but there will also be 15 slugs that cycle and, of course, three Gust.​

[​IMG]
    Mastering the basic use of Mind Wipe to spam a particular skill can prove to be useful; especially in Gustball where more Gust glyphs seem to be more useful than distance. At this point, I’d say that this is a solid starting point for any Gustball deck; even with all the slugs. Gust and Mind Wipe are the most useful skills in Gustball. In fact, playing Gustball is the perfect way to become masterful in using a combat deck with a lot of rotating slots.

Here is a Gustball deck that you may see a player using.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Dash/Sprint for speed. Tap Soul/Healing to keep up on Focus. And, of course, Gust and Mind Wipe. However, these are not all the skills that may be used. There is a full list of skills here on the Gustball: World Tour thread and on SotAGustball.com.

Now you are working your way up to the big leagues!

For more information, check out the latest Gustball: World Tour thread or SotAGustball.com. Or, feel free to message me on the forums or in-game at Bambino LudoVate.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Bambino might as well mention the gustball game going on today, at 2pm Central, is that right? And where?

Berek and Bambino like this.
  3. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

1:30PM NBT in PaxLair!

Berek likes this.
  4. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Dont forget to check out www.SotAGustball.com for league info and more tips and tricks!

@Bambino and I are going to be working on the next Gustball league coming your way THIS SUMMER!

Browncoat Jayson and Bambino like this.
  5. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Updated OP
    Part: II - How to make a basic Gustball deck.
    This portion will dig further into creating a more competitive Gustball deck.

6. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Awesome post!! Got my LIKE :). I have always been curious about this Gustball thing. Sounds like a ton of fun!

Bambino likes this.