Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

"Harvesting" water

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by moko, Oct 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

But how much does an empty bucket cost?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

One thing I'm thinking water is only buy-able for now and it won't be buy-able after a while. You will have to get it yourself once the ways to get it are all implemented into the game in all available places like rain barrels that are said to be coming in sometime to collect it for you and getting it from lakes, streams and various other places I'm probably not thinking of. ;)

Also I agree about the animation, it is way too slow for a necessary thing we need to do.

Another thing I request from the devs is to make the foot print smaller for many of our wells. We don't need all the deco around the well, it makes it take up way too much room on our property as well. @DarkStarr @Lord British2.

And Another thing as a reminder about weather is a chance to get worms from the ground during rain.

I am finding my wrist hurting from planting after a while so also as a request to take some of the pain of so much clicking to plant out of it. We will all have carpel tunnel having a garden before we are done. Please, please please again @DarkStarr and @Lord British2.

Thanks for everything you do. I love how much is getting added in and how wonderful so many things are. This is just feedback to improve on what I see.

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah I think its a bit too slow to be viable, unfortunately.
    I mean, what if we made it so you had to craft/loot/obtain/steal empty buckets.
    Then let us queue up bucketfilling (at least at 20 like other crafts) at like triple the current speed and when you water your crops you get the empties back?

Doing them 1 at a time at that speed is barely worth it, though this is a step in the right direction. Agriculture should be completely sustainable if you put in the time. We still have seeds as a cash sink, though.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Ok I have tested it now since water will one day not be buy-able if I understand correctly. As for now water wells you can craft and fountains cannot be used by POT residents at all to get water. but Audacity reports you can dance on them ;). haha I have bug reported it. ;)

edited

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  5. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Well at the moment, as you might know, the decorative bucket continuously spawns in the inventory when 'E' is pressed too many times during the animation process [or at least that is what it seems like]. I'll check the bug section for this shortly. Edit: Issue logged here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...oth-a-bucket-of-water-and-empty-bucket.69031/

I'll sell you a bucket of water for 2gp and a decorative for 1gp ;), or you can come to Harvest where I'm giving away a limited amount of free buckets of water to passerbys in a public cache chest. Bucket of prosperity, coming soon ??

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Numa likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

you can craft buckets as well which are used to craft what is called a 'water well'. I would be happy to advise. ;) The footprint of the well is still huge though.

7. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Yes, I crafted a well on the QA server last week and filed a bug with regard to the hit box extending past the visible model. However, buckets you craft are still not free, and likely extremely expensive in comparison to buying a pre-filled bucket.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

the buckets I mentioned were not for the well, it doesn't take a bucket to get water from the well. It takes a bucket to craft the well, unless i'm missing what you're commenting on ;) lol It wouldn't be the first time I was duh ;)

9. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

You get free buckets from the well? That's interesting. I had two empty buckets and I'm positive that they turned into filled buckets on QA. Maybe that behavior changed. Maybe it was in my head. I'll have to check again.

10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol no I didn't say that. I said buckets aren't needed to click on the well or even to have in your inventory, getting water just has a bucket animation. The only thing you need buckets for is to craft the well ;)

edited at least at this point in time, who knows later after the first pass.

11. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I don't mind the time cost to be honest, though if I could make a suggestion, I'd like it to continuously gather water after I start, and then move away to stop gathering. That way when I gather that 120 buckets I could just start it and have the animation play thru and come back after a few minutes. I really have a lot of other things I'd rather be doing than sitting in front of a fountain or well hitting 'e' for 30 minutes. That seem more like, pardon the pun, water torture.

Kutas and Sentinel2 like this.
  12. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

During the animation you can click on the bucket you're holding and take it! ;-) Free bucket! But since you really cant do anything else with the bucket I didn't file a bug.

Also, I know its no fun... I just sit and read, and "click click click". I angle and move the window so that the take all and click to start are in the same place. It's kinda hard on the finger... being your own mechanical turk.

Numa likes this.
  13. Kirran

Kirran Avatar

Does the time to fill a bucket take longer than the time it takes to watch the progress bar when butchering a carcass, or tanning a hide, or creating a spool of cotton thread?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.